Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others

Discus and support Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have 4 discs that will not load and support has gotten me no where. I'm in preview beta. I'm not getting a error code submitted by /u/reiku78... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/reiku78, Mar 10, 2021.

1. /u/reiku78
    /u/reiku78 Guest

I have 4 discs that will not load and support has gotten me no where. I'm in preview beta. I'm not getting a error code

submitted by /u/reiku78
    [link] [comments]

/u/reiku78, Mar 10, 2021
  2. BeetleComet Win User

recent update question

Hello, well from what I have noticed games that I have installed that were released before Sept 2011 never spin but I find those released after that date spin for a few minutes and then stop after loading the game. The reason behind this is to do with a
    recent disc format change.

In relation to the latest update, it was a small one, it changed default settings for certain members in the EU (I'm in Ireland and it changed the Auto-off setting to 1 hour). It may have also changed certain things in the background and maybe the installed
    games disc spinning was one of them. I will check the next time I go online.

Hope this Helps!

3. daronmal Win User

My disc tray is making noises

Is it only with 1 certain disc? Or with all of them?

If it's only with 1 certain disc then:

Install it to your hard drive, that way when the disc is inserted, the disc doesn't spin.
  4. PCunrecognized Win User

Installed discs still spin

when installed the disc will spin for no more than a few minutes at start up of the game but then stop and not spin.

if it does keep spinning then the issue could be that the game was installed on that hard drive but on another xbox, all you have to do is use the licence transfer feature to the xbox you are permanently playing the game on, and you also might have to install
    the game again. This happened to me with BC2, i moved my hard drive that had BC2 installed on it to another Xbox, the disc kept spinning but once i transferred my licence over and installed the game disc again, it would only spin at the loading start of the
    game and then stop after a very few minutes.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

What did you do while waiting for the game to install?

[quote user="BlazedWithPower"]Any one else notice that it still spins the Play disc? Pointless waste of hard drive space. [/quote]

It has to spin the play disc. The whole game is 16GB. You install the first 8GB from disc 2. The other 8GB streams from the play disc. Or you could do what I did, install the 'install disc' to hard drive and the play disc to a USB Flash drive.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Copy games/savegames to Series S

One thing I personally cannot say for certain is if those games loading from the external hard drive will run the same way they would if they were installed straight onto the console...
    If you load games on the Series X or S from an external hard drive they will load the same as they do on a regular Xbox One. There won't be any performance issues. Games installed on a external SSD (SATA SSD not the Expansion Card) will load faster then
    they would before due to the much faster I/O on the Series X/S.

If you move your games to either the internal storage or the optional Expansion card, you will see significant loading speed improvements. They'll be massive on a game such as Odyssey. Fast traveling in 5 seconds rather than 40 on a regular Xbox One or One
    X!

To use the Series X/S 'Quick Resume' on Xbox One or other BC games will require said games to be installed internally or to the Expansion Card. Series X/S games can only be installed on the Internal or Expansion card.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X will not install certain disc games but will spin and load others - Similar Threads - install certain disc

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates

in XboX Insiders
    i cant install apps but i can install games and games updates: i tried almost everything, heres the list of all i tried three factory resets change dns use phone hotspot offline factory reset with pendrive use another acc to install restart my router...
  4. All installs stuck at 0.0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    All installs stuck at 0.0%: Starting today I cannot download ANYTHING! Literally not a single thing. No matter the size which my Xbox can't even figure out at this point. Anything I attempt to download stays at 0.0% and the...
  5. i can install games but it cant install apps

in XBoX on Windows
    i can install games but it cant install apps: So, basically i cant install apps, when i try to install games like minecraft / fortnite (or another random game) it installs perfectly, but when i try to install any app like youtube / prime...
  6. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  7. Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default: I recently installed the Japanese language pack so that I could type Japanese characters when I wanted/needed, as it is a language I am currently studying. However, I noticed that all the Windows...
  8. Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Installation Won't Go Past Certain Percentage: So I've spent the past few days trying to install NBA 2k24 Next Gen on my series s. However the download simply cannot go past 32.02 gb (19.8%) no matter what I do. I originally got the game...
  9. My game won’t install after a certain point it is the full game and is on disc what do I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game won’t install after a certain point it is the full game and is on disc what do I do: So I bought tekken 7 not too long ago and it when it is installing it’s going fine and then it just freezes and says game stopped installing and I did every thing on the Xbox website and none of...
  10. Xbox App on PC won't install games on certain SSD (only on C: and D:)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on PC won't install games on certain SSD (only on C: and D:): I just reinstalled Windows and now I can't install any GamePass games to D: or E: I have 3 drives installed on my PC: C, D and E, but the Xbox app just won't install games D: or E: All drives...