Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console.

Discus and support Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought this 4k 60hz capable HDMI splitter in order to allow my Xbox One X to effectively have two HDMI out ports. One goes to my 1440p monitor and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Grant412, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Grant412
    Grant412 Guest

I bought
    this 4k 60hz capable HDMI splitter
    in order to allow my Xbox One X to effectively have two HDMI out ports. One goes to my 1440p monitor and the other goes to my 1080p TV.

The splitter itself needs to be powered via a USB Micro-B on the splitter itself and plugged into a USB type A port device to give the splitter power.

The issue I have is with the Xbox One X, specifically when I plug the splitter power cable into any of the Xbox's
    USB ports. For some reason when I turn my mains
    plug socket and (I'm from the UK so we have mains socket switches) Xbox One
    X on and either my TV or monitor, the HDMI splitter doesn’t seem to
    get power from the Xbox HDMI out side. This results in a no signal on my
    TV or monitor.

However if I unplug and plug the splitter power cable (USB type A side) in and out of the rear Xbox USB ports the HDMI splitter out side immediately powers on and my HDMI source is shown as normal.

Only the Xbox One X has this issue where I need to unplug and re plug the splitter power source in and out of the Xbox One X. Every other device with USB type A ports that I plug the splitter power cable into work flawlessly without me needing to unplug
    and re-plug every time.

It even works with an Xbox 360, but yet on the Xbox One X it will only work if I unplug and re-plug the USB splitter power cable.

This indicates that the Xbox One X rear USB ports are not powering
    on when I turn my mains power on and the Xbox One X.

These are the things I tried to try and resolve the issue but none of them worked:

• Tried all the different USB ports including the front on the Xbox One X.
    • Setting the power mode to instant on.
    • Setting the power mode to energy saving.
    • Hard reset the console by holding down the power button for 10 seconds then turning it back on after a minute.

Unfortunately I’m not able to use another USB power source for my splitter without a long USB extension
    (how I tested my other USB devices as power
    sources)
    as that would be messy.

Either I’d have to get a different splitter that is powered from the mains or find a way to fix the Xbox One X’s USB ports so I don’t have to unplug and re-plug my splitter power cable in each time.

Could anyone help me out with the latter choice?

Thanks.

:)

Grant412, Sep 7, 2020
  2. OblivionKeyo Win User

Can I use an HDMI Splitter, 1 in 2 out, with my Xbox One X?

Thanks so much for your comments! My main problem is that sometimes when I turn on Xbox One X and switch TV input to my HDMI 2, the screen is black and says NO SIGNAL. That is when I turn off Xbox Box and unplug power from splitter. I start unplugging
    all the cables from splitter and back of xbox and plug then back in. Then I turn Xbox on again and hope for the best. Are you using a powered splitter? What exact model do you recommend? Does it matter that sometimes I don't have PC with Elgato card turned
    on? I just have TV turned on when I am not recording for my YouTube channel. Sometimes the Xbox will not turn on at all until I remove splitter from the loop and just go directly to TV from Xbox to test it. Right now, everything is working fine since I
    switched the 2 output cables. That also fixed the problem of NO SIGNAL with my previous splitter (until Xbox wouldn't turn on at all). Thanks and any help will be appreciated. My current splitter says it will only display lowest resolution of the 2 output
    displays on both monitors. Could that be a problem?
  3. WiglyTrippod360 Win User

Xbox One USB power off - how?

I tried the oldest USB cable I could find and it made no difference.

Basically I'm not powering a external HD but a HDMI splitter, I want it to power off when I power off the Xbox but the USB ports always have power, I don't want this.

If anyone can help thanks.
  4. LoSeg Win User

XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input

I was using a 4x splitter with the "out" HDMI to a 5040UB Epson Projector. I plugged the xbox into one of the 4 input hdmi spots on the splitter. My laptop was put into another and a TV Box into another. It did not work. The screen frequently blanked
    out and during any video activity from any of the input devices did the same. I changed all the HDMI cables to the best 4x I could buy and this still didn't help.

However, when I connected the splitter to the Xbox one x (one of two HDMI connections) and the Xbox one directly to the projector everything worked perfectly. I could switch between any of the inputs to the splitter. Of course when I wanted to use the
    xbox one x for all the xbox stuff I simply went to the xbox home screen and away things worked with no issues.
  5. BROOKEY TT Win User

Xbox one usb ports

Yes i have the console in the lounge connected to the lounge tv and the spare room tv via a hdmi splitter. So its to far away for the wireless to work, always used a usb extension lead and its been fine. It seems to me like the usb output amps have dropped
    so not providing the controller with enough power hence it turning on and off.
  6. DARK RYDAH 187 Win User

Xbox One: HDMI In & DVR + Xbox 360

What if you get a HDMI splitter would it not work? I know some times when running splitters you have to turn one thing off to run the other.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console. - Similar Threads - USB's fail power

2. USB mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB mic: Can I use usb mic without having to do things to get it working and plug it straight with no problems 3e81467a-6868-4ec3-848e-4c096b0eb1e6
  3. Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Wont Connect to PC with USB cord: Hello, While playing Snowrunner on my PC with my Xbox One controller, like I have for over 2 years, it disconnected randomly, while I was driving in the game. In the Bluetooth menu on the PC,...
  4. Xbox powered by usb

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox powered by usb: So basically i need to power my xbox by usb because i dont have a plug socket to plug in the 3 pin but i do have a usb port Links apricated a50898b0-6ef7-42dd-ad3b-477546ea497c
  5. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  6. fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

in XBoX on Windows
    fix ps3 controller unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed): TRIED SCP TOOLKIT my controller is a copy of the original dualshock 3 controller. 523e77b9-9ef3-46f6-a19a-79d5fd97cea0
  7. How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix this Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed): [img] [img] I’ve tried everything and I’ve watched 30 YouTube videos and they didn’t help I’ve changed power plan and everything else 83e65527-88d8-47ab-a72a-a8387e7769ad
  8. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) when I plug in my Gulikit King Kong 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) when I plug in my Gulikit King Kong 2...: NVM. I fixed the problem by factory resetting the controller. Yesterday I was trying to put my Gulikit King Kong 2 Pro controller in update mode, and it turned off and wouldn't come back on again....
  9. Xbox One Factory Reset (USB Method) Failed with 'update.log' Errors Back to USB Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Factory Reset (USB Method) Failed with 'update.log' Errors Back to USB Drive: I have followed the steps in How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults. This is the USB-based method, to be clear. This was in response to my Xbox One producing no output on the TV. I...
  10. Controller Firmware Update FAIL - will no longer sync - not even by plugging in via USB.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Firmware Update FAIL - will no longer sync - not even by plugging in via USB.: (Beta Ring) This is with my controller that came with my Xbox One X. Ever since updating the firmware, it will no longer connect in any way to my XB1X, wont sync, wont connect with a USB cable....