Xbox One X unplugged during update, tried various resets, error continues

Discus and support Xbox One X unplugged during update, tried various resets, error continues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our Xbox One X accidentally unplugged around 90% of downloading an update that we must install before the Xbox is usable. Our only options now are turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by s4wy3r, May 28, 2022.

1. s4wy3r
    s4wy3r Guest

Our Xbox One X accidentally unplugged around 90% of downloading an update that we must install before the Xbox is usable. Our only options now are turn off console (which we tried), check network (which is steady, it's wired), and try again (which stops at 3% each time).

We tried restarting, unplugging, clearing the cache, everything we can think of.

We have tried factory resetting twice thru the troubleshoot menu (accessed by turning on the device then holding both buttons on the front of the Xbox until the startup noise chimes again); we tried both reset options. After setting up the Xbox again using the mobile app to sign into my profile (twice), the same options are displayed and the download will not continue past 3%.

The error codes displayed every single time are: 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x90000005, "There was a problem with the update."

None of these error codes show up anywhere on the Help website, except the first which appears for 360 only and doesn't help us.

We're trying an offline system update right now (uploading the update via USB). If that doesn't work, what are our options? Is there something we missed?

:)

s4wy3r, May 28, 2022
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

"it's wired), and try again (which stops at 3% each time)."

The wired connection must be disconnected before attempting a Offline System Update (OSU1).

Try a factory refresh deleting everything with the console disconnected from your network hardware.

If factory refresh is successful, reconnect your wired connection and the console should connect to XBLive and download the latest system update. If system updates online you wont need to do the OSU1.
  3. TheProfess0r Win User

My name is Loren. I'm an Independent Advisor, and I'll be glad to help you today.

Share a hotspot on your mobile and then connect your Xbox to that hotspot and try to update it. If that doesn't work, I would suggest that you perform an offline system update.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port.

A USB flash drive with a minimum of 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS

If the same issue happens, then sadly, your console needs repair.
  4. TheProfess0r Win User

You are welcome. Sadly, no. But this might be an issue with the hard drive.
  5. TheProfess0r Win User

If you are getting the E101 and the offline system update didn't work, then the last troubleshooting step would be to perform a factory reset with the option to remove everything.

If that doesn't work it could be an issue with the hard drive. Sadly, your console needs repair.
  6. s4wy3r Win User

We've tried several times to offline update. The download screen begins, then almost immediately the Xbox shutoff noise plays, and we are sent to a system error screen: E101 90000005 80070570.

Only option on this screen is Continue, which sends us back to the Troubleshoot menu. From here we have tried factory resetting then offline system updating again, same result. Tried resetting, same result.

Is the Hotspot necessary, or is my wired connection serving the same purpose?

It costs the same as we bought the Xbox for to send it in for repair. What repair would they complete?
Thema:

1. Xbox One X unplugged during update, tried various resets, error continues - Similar Threads - unplugged during update

2. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  3. Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I unplug the power when the battery is 100% or not?: I have a new gaming laptop "ASUS TUF Dash F15" and I want to handle the battery in the best way to keep it good and functional well and keep its lifetime for the longest time, so my question is:...
  4. Unplugging xbox one during reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Unplugging xbox one during reset?: Did I definitely break my console by doing this? submitted by /u/radiokilla123 [link] [comments]
  5. My Xbox series s was unplugged now I don’t get video

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s was unplugged now I don’t get video: It still turns on but it’s on were I have to choose my account and my controllers don’t connect and I can’t get any video 9ac69d6a-fbde-4d0f-80fb-9cd979a2d826
  6. My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I plugged it back in, all the games disappeared

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I plugged it back in, all the games disappeared: My Xbox was accidentally unplugged, after I turned the Xbox back on, nothing appears, apps/games, nothing and you can't go into anything, settings, anything, but the storage in the apps/game area...
  7. [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?

in XBoX on Consoles
    [XBO] Console doesn't power on unless I unplug everything and then hold the sync button?: Been happening since my console updated and didn't start back up after a restart during the update 7d44bbf0-c127-48f6-8191-b67abafd8ba6
  8. Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter won't unplug: I got my xbox wireless adapter for windows 10 years ago, since I still use an Elite series 1 controller and it doesn't have bluetooth so i needed the adapter plugged in to my pc so i can...
  9. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  10. Why was I suspended from Xbox Live when my Xbox was unplugged and I was offline? I was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was I suspended from Xbox Live when my Xbox was unplugged and I was offline? I was...: Why was I suspended from Xbox Live when my Xbox was unplugged and I was offline? I was playing the night before, but it was a very normal gaming experience with my friends. I did not do anything...