Xbox one x unable to see 2.4Ghz wifi

Discus and support Xbox one x unable to see 2.4Ghz wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After around 4 years of use and being able to connect to either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz my Xbox suddenly only saw the 5Ghz network band. This was strange... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LirasNav, Nov 24, 2022.

1. LirasNav
    LirasNav Guest

After around 4 years of use and being able to connect to either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz my Xbox suddenly only saw the 5Ghz network band. This was strange considering that even when the 5Ghz band was not in reach and 2.4Ghz was, it still refused to even show the 2.4Ghz band. I’ve tried restarting the internet and even disabled the 5Ghz band entirely, but still no 2.4Ghz. This is an issue now because my 5Ghz band has stopped working and I only have 2.4Ghz. The connection uses IPV4.

:)

LirasNav, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Lirasnav

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

What console do you have?
    Is this happening only with your home Wi-Fi network or are you not able to see other 2.4Ghz networks?
    If you didn’t tested that you can try sharing mobile data via Wi-Fi hotspot and verify in that way
    Did you not tried adding your Wi-Fi network manually using the Xbox settings?
  3. José Caique Win User

Console system is not able to turn off WIFI

I see that the Xbox One console opens WIFI hotspots like a router through my Windows 10 notebook and WIFI Analyzer software, varying the channel and frequency (2.4GHz or 5GHz), but when the frequency becomes 2.4GHz the connection with the remote I fell and this is still interfering with my internet access point at home.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

problème wifi 2.4ghz Xbox one x

Hello Kaeltän,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with connecting to your wireless network. To troubleshoot this, please attempt a

power-cycle

Please let us know how this goes.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

WiFi connection

You may want to check if your wireless is 2.4 or 5ghz combined.

Most routers use 1 wifi network across both 2.4 and 5ghz frequency bands. This can be an issue. 2.4ghz has a further range than 5ghz, and if using 5ghz the signal may drop causing a disconnect.

It should be possible via router wifi settings to separate the 2, effectively making your router have "2" wifi networks- one running 2.4ghz and one using 5ghz. They doing that, and connecting only via the 2.4ghz and see if the issue persists
  6. Kevenstu01 Win User

XBOX One Controller on MSI X570 Carbon Pro Wifi

hi Nin012

bluetooth can get interference from the 2.4GHz wifi band

try disabling the wifi adapter to see if your controller is still losing connection
Thema:

1. Xbox one x unable to see 2.4Ghz wifi - Similar Threads - unable 4Ghz wifi

2. Unable to change installation location

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to change installation location: i downloaded sea of thieves 2 weeks ago no issue. now im unable to download any game because it doesnt even give me a drive to choose. when i go to settings and try changing the default install...
  3. Fornite - Unable to log in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fornite - Unable to log in: I have tried this with both the Series X and xCloud - and been through all the troubleshooting process with Epic Games Support - but I can't seem to get past the initial login screen of Fortnite....
  4. Unable to make service request

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to make service request: Unable to make service request. I click on create order select my issue put my address then when i click next it says there are no service option available for more assistance contact us cant even...
  5. Unable to access Minecraft world but it is available in Preview.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to access Minecraft world but it is available in Preview.: Hi, Can someone advise please if it is possible to transfer worlds from the Preview version to the full release? I’ve lost access to my world when I try to load on to it in the full version...
  6. Unable to subscribe or play Minecraft realms

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to subscribe or play Minecraft realms: I am trying to subscribe to and then allow my child’s account to play minecraft realms. He used to be able to do this and now can’t. I have been into settings and ensured that he can create and...
  7. I am Unable to connect to realms due to privacy settings despite having all privacy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am Unable to connect to realms due to privacy settings despite having all privacy...: I am Unable to connect to realms due to privacy settings despite having all privacy settings set up how it should be. I can use Minecraft on my iPad and have no issues with realm or Microsoft...
  8. Unable to resubscribe my game pass for pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to resubscribe my game pass for pc: i had bought the game pass before for pc and now when i try to resubscribe it is saying that my card details entered are wrong. i have entered the correct details and got a call from bank for...
  9. Unable to form a public or private team in Fallout 76

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to form a public or private team in Fallout 76: I am on PC, Win 10. As title says, can't form public or private teams (the error message says "this person is not accepting invites"). I also am unable to join a private team. I've gone through...
  10. Unable to upgrade my COD Modern Warfare II to vault edition? Purchased game and requests...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to upgrade my COD Modern Warfare II to vault edition? Purchased game and requests...: I was given the CoD Modern Warfare II for my Series X as a gift and would like to upgrade to the Vault edition. I have installed the game and searched within the MS store and in game store to...