Xbox One X turning on, but not giving HDMI output

Discus and support Xbox One X turning on, but not giving HDMI output in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there. My Xbox One X turns on - the Xbox button lights up, and there's a beep. But afterwards, there's no video or sound output through the HDMI... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Flawed Artist, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Xbox One X turning on, but not giving HDMI output

Hi there. My Xbox One X turns on - the Xbox button lights up, and there's a beep. But afterwards, there's no video or sound output through the HDMI output. My TV works otherwise, and I've tried swapping my TV for a computer monitor - same problem. The HDMI
    cord works otherwise, and I've tried swapping it out - doesn't help the issue. I've tried unplugging my Xbox for a while and retrying; I've tried holding the Xbox button while holding the eject button to start in low-res mode, too. No luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

:)

Flawed Artist, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Flawed Artist Win User

Hi there. Thanks - but I've tried each of these things with no success. Both types of reset have not helped. The output is the "HDMI out to TV". I confirmed the HDMI input on my TV, both in the TV menu and on the back of the TV. I've tried different ports,
    cords, and devices - only the Xbox isn't working.
  3. DecentCracker 2 Win User

I don't know if you can do it on Xbox One X, but try hard resetting it by holding down the power button/power light for a couple of seconds and then wait for the console to fully reset. This shouldn't get rid of anything on your console either so don't
    worry. Otherwise, try turning the power off directly from the plug when the console is off, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on. Double check the input and output ports are correct on both the console and TV/monitor you are using making sure you got the
    ins and outs the right way round. Good Luck.
  4. MartyBouchard Win User

Xbox One X

I recently bought an XBOX One X and it worked fine for the first 6 months. I turned it on last week and the HDMI output is not working anymore.
  5. DugFreez Win User

Sound Advice: HDMI Output Problems

My Xbox One X has the same issue. I only noticed it doing it recently. I usually have HDMI audio set to output bitstream (DD), but on startup I will occasionally see it has change the HDMI audio output to 5.1 uncompressed. It's easy to notices as my
    receiver will show as outputting Pro Logic II instead of DD 5.1 as it should when the Xbox One X is outputting a bitstream signal over the HDMI.

A power cycle does nothing. The only way to fix it is to go back into the audio setting and change it back to output bitstream over HDMI. It also doesn't do it every time the system is turned on. Sometimes it will turn on and remain on bitstream output as it
    should.

Strangely enough I just noticed it doing this since i got a PS4 Pro. Almost as if going from the PS4 Pro's HDMI input to the Xbox One X's HDMI messes things up somehow. Though I haven't been able to find a situation where that can be replicated.

In any case....it seems ludicrous that a setting like that will just keep changing itself.
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Best gaming monitor - tv for xbox series x

You don't need HMDI 2.1 for 4k on the Series X...you only need HDMI 2.1 to run at 4k 120Hz. The Xbox One X only ran on HDMI 2.0 but it output 4k perfectly fine.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X turning on, but not giving HDMI output - Similar Threads - turning giving HDMI

2. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  3. When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are you going to give us the ability turn off crossplay.: I know Xbox has the ability to turn off crossplay. PC community cheats way too often and we’re at a disadvantag. PlayStation allows for them to do it, so can you. Really like Xbox but if we don’t...
  4. What do I do, my Xbox one s digital turns on won’t fully power up, gives me a no signal...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do I do, my Xbox one s digital turns on won’t fully power up, gives me a no signal...: My Xbox one S digital will turn on but won’t connect? I tried everything I could think off but I can’t fix the resolution issue if that is what it is since the connection button seems faulty, I...
  5. Will xbox ever give us the ability to turn quick resume off.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will xbox ever give us the ability to turn quick resume off.: I'm only asking because I get tired of my games being on quick resume but when they load up it puts me in the main menu or it'll act buggy no sound or it'll make me reset the game. When will we...
  6. Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility

in XboX Insiders
    Finally an option to turn off Dashboard-Sounds and Button-Sounds. Give us more accessibility: Greetings. It was actually the DACH Xbox Twitter account redirected me here. It's no secret that I'm pretty disappointed that Xbox not only took this Xbox One Dashboard into the new generation for...
  7. Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console

in XboX Insiders
    Give the ability to "turn off" the power button on the console: I have young siblings who like to turn off the console while I am playing, and I never use the console button, opting to turn it on via the controller. It would be helpful to disable the button...
  8. xbox one turn on but does not give a picture on the TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one turn on but does not give a picture on the TV: xbox one turns on but no picture on TV I use the hdmi cable that came along with the xbox all original it was working normally before What can it be? ae815adb-10d3-48ea-9548-e34f31d3ea05
  9. Trying to give a hard reset and xbox turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to give a hard reset and xbox turn off: My Xbox just does not turn more after the last update. He calls, gives signal on and off. I formatted to factory defaults and even worked, but then stopped working, and again on and off. I...
  10. Xbox one games turn red/disk drive failure/HDMI port no longer works (give customer service ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one games turn red/disk drive failure/HDMI port no longer works (give customer service ...: My Xbox One has failed completely. I will be honest to say my warranty expired. I bought my xbox Jan 2014, I started having disk drive problems in Sep. This was along with my games turning red. If...