Xbox one X starfield crash, green screen. everytime

Discus and support Xbox one X starfield crash, green screen. everytime in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my game crashes anywhere around 5-30 minutes after i connect. sometimes it just freezes but most the time a green screen comes up and sound glitches... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joshua James_382, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Xbox one X starfield crash, green screen. everytime

my game crashes anywhere around 5-30 minutes after i connect. sometimes it just freezes but most the time a green screen comes up and sound glitches for a second then sound returns after a couple of seconds but still green screen. i have to restart to reset it but it happens every single time making my purchase unplayable.

:)

Joshua James_382, Sep 9, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Joshua James_382,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are experiencing game crashes on Xbox One console. Let us check and see on what we can do to help address your concern in a timely manner.

The issue you are describing is a known reported issue for the game, and the game support team is currently investigating. The team also recommend making sure you are reporting it through Report a problem app in Xbox console. See: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Apart from reporting the game, make sure to perform the troubleshooting steps below as suggested coming from the game developer support team:

1. Restart the game.

• Press the [Xbox] button on your controller to return to the Home screen.
    • Press the [Menu] button on your controller, select quit and press [A] to close Starfield.
    • Select Starfield from the home screen and press [A] to restart.
    2. Power Cycle the Console.

• Press and hold the [Xbox] button on the front of the console for 10 seconds.
    • Unplug the console's power cable and wait for 10 seconds.
    • Plug the power cable back in and turn the console back on by pressing the [Xbox] button again.
    3. Uninstall and Reinstall the game.

• Do not delete your save files, but only the game itself. Once complete, you can reinstall the game from your library
    4. Launch the game offline.

• If the above solutions did not resolve it, disconnect your console from the Internet and launch the game.

For your reference, see: What do I do if Starfield is crashing on my Xbox console? - Bethesda Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Frank Wilson2 Win User

Hello!

Not a fix, but a workaround I've found is: 1. Opening the Xbox menu

2. Pressing start button on Starfield to pull up mini-menu (Game card, add to group, etc.)

3. Click give feedback and wait for it to start loading

4. Back out by pressing B repeatedly

This usually will bring you back to starfield save/settings menu as if you paused without having to close the game or restart your cloud gaming session. Like I said, not a fix but definitely better than having to fully reload the game and possibly get stuck in the cloud queue 🥴

Hope this helps!
  4. PaulB6662 Win User

I have this problem too. Everything they have said I have done and it didn't work. I am now trying full reinstall
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

6. SwordofWhedon Win User

I'm sorry but cloud is still in beta, and this is the biggest launch in a long time. There is both going to be glitches, and wait times, as the network continues to be adjusted and deployed during this beta period.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X starfield crash, green screen. everytime - Similar Threads - starfield crash green

2. Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass for PC Starfield crashes after update: I sincerely hope someone can help me. This isn't the first time this has happened: I'll be playing Starfield, having fun, then there's an update and suddenly I can't load. Either the game crashes...
  3. Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.: The title says it all. I installed Starfield on my PC with a free month trial of Game Pass that came with it. However, I cannot play the game. Whenever I select "New Game" the game loads for a...
  4. Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my Home Screen: Both Starfield and Forza crash back to my home screen on my series x, but both play on my series s. They are downloaded to internal hard drive. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, powercycled the...
  5. Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield has become unplayable, CONSTANTLY crashing: Frustrated with losing first a Level 80 then Level 51 character, I broke down and upgraded to an Xbox Series X. My Xbox One had served me well, but Starfield was too good to quit because of my...
  6. Starfield keeps crashing in Xbox X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield keeps crashing in Xbox X: I'm very frustrated with Bethesda. Given the number of users with this problem, it should at least signal that it is working to resolve it. The first time I played, I reached level 122. Then it...
  7. Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox serie S : Starfield [Crashes/Freezes issues]: Hello I am playing Starfield on Xbox Serie S. The more I play, the less the game is stable. It crashes/freezes every one hour now (i have been playing more than 150h and the issue started around...
  8. starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    starfield crashes to dashboard at loading, suggestions other than canceling gamepass?: I like Starfield. A lot. But I don,t need the aggrivation. There is no error message. XBox X just dumps Starfield from the load last save screen to the Xbox dashboard. Started a few days ago. I am...
  9. Starfield Crash on startup with error code 0x1.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Crash on startup with error code 0x1.: I am unable to launch starfield. Every time I launch it, it gives me an error 0x1. I have allowed it through controlled folder access and reinstalled it but it still isn't working. I also have...
  10. Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes and freezes recurrently when I play on the Cloud with Game Pass for...: I've been playing Starfield in the Cloud on my Xbox One since September 6. I took out an Ultimate subscription specifically for this game. I quickly noticed that when I play the game, after a...