Xbox one X shutting off after cleaning it

Discus and support Xbox one X shutting off after cleaning it in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So my son’s Xbox was running a little slow so I went to check and make sure the Ethernet cable was plugged all the way in and noticed the intake vents... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/rangerguy9716, Jan 15, 2023.

  1. Xbox one X shutting off after cleaning it


    So my son’s Xbox was running a little slow so I went to check and make sure the Ethernet cable was plugged all the way in and noticed the intake vents were pretty clogged. So I said well should probably clean the Xbox it’s been a while. So I take it apart and clean it. Slap it all back together and seems like it is running fine on start up and will even get into a game sometimes. But then it shuts off. Sometimes on the load in screen, sometimes to a game. When I restart it the screen about the automatic shutoff for heat pops up but I literally just cleaned it. Any help would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/rangerguy9716
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/rangerguy9716, Jan 15, 2023
    #1
  2. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

    Xbox One X Fan Noise

    The Xbox One X will shut off should there be overheating, yes.
  3. SCOTTY NOOOOOO Win User

    Xbox one glitch

    Switching to a different power strip could help. Usually the xbox will shut off from overheating. I'd recommend putting it on shut off after 1 or 2 hours of inactivity in settings- power mode and start up. Also, if your xbox has a touch sensitive power button,
    cleaning this of dust will stop it from turning off and on. Good luck
  4. Peek4chu Win User

    Xbox shuts off in Fortnite

    My xbox one x shuts off every time i land at the grotto and go into the wind tunnel but it does not say it over heated it says “this xbox is made to shut off after a little while” but the first time i experienced this issue was at a different time i was
    playing my third hour i landed at the grotto then my console just shut off and it was 5:55 then the next day i land at the grotto agian at 3:30 it just shut off and this was my first hour
  5. Northern Lass Win User

    Xbox one x over heating

    Thanks for the tips my Xbox One X shut down twice over the last week mid game. I need to improve ventilation and give it a good clean I think.
  6. SweetDarlin83 Win User

    Frozen...

    I am having this issue now and dont know what to do i have restarted cleaned the disk shut off the x box fully nothing is working to get it to stop freezing
Thema:

Xbox one X shutting off after cleaning it

Loading...
  1. Xbox one X shutting off after cleaning it - Similar Threads - shutting off cleaning

  2. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  3. game bar shuts itself off

    in XBoX on Windows
    game bar shuts itself off: game bar shuts itself off, every time i leave the page it turns off. microsoft wont let me talk to a real person and sent me here. 6b451943-a4fd-4d86-9bd2-1da00dca199b
  4. my new laptop randomly shut off

    in XBoX on Consoles
    my new laptop randomly shut off: Hi i just bought a Asus Tuf Gaming A15 with extended 32gb of ram i have it like 4 days and it keeps randomly turning off i updated the graphic card drivers and all the drivers on the pc i also did...
  5. xbox shutting off

    in XBoX on Windows
    xbox shutting off: My xbox keeps shutting off due to poor ventilation what can I do I'm really upset 6f1e8716-b733-41d5-98b1-5d81aeb73de4
  6. Xbox Shuts Off Automatically, It’s Really Annoying

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Shuts Off Automatically, It’s Really Annoying: Why is it when I play something like WWE2K25, it lets me play a little then it overheats and shuts down right away. But, when I play anyother game, it doesn’t do that? ‍♂️...
  7. xbox one wont startup. it flashes once then shuts off. I have tried unpugging console etc...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one wont startup. it flashes once then shuts off. I have tried unpugging console etc...: my xbox one flashes once on start up then shuts down, i have tried unplugging and no joy 43db53ac-cff6-4dab-8bb5-b90a765c6533
  8. Technical Issue, My monitor nowdays sometimes shuts off especially when i am gaming

    in XBoX on Windows
    Technical Issue, My monitor nowdays sometimes shuts off especially when i am gaming: i always connect my laptop to monitor and when i am gaming, i have to use a external fan because the pc will get hot. When im gaming like yesterday, the monitor shuts off like black screen, at...
  9. Xbox controllers need a setting for the battery shut off

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers need a setting for the battery shut off: For some reason xbox controllers time out way to fast is there a way u guys can make a setting for controllers so we can set the timeout time for the batteries? submitted by /u/infinit3mber...
  10. Xbox shuts off as I’m playing a game

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts off as I’m playing a game: Hi guys recently I’ve had this problem that has seem To been getting worse recently on my Xbox series x, whenever I try playing games like rainbow six siege, Fortnite, valorant or marvel rivals...