Xbox One X Randomly Turned Itself Off Twice Last Night

Discus and support Xbox One X Randomly Turned Itself Off Twice Last Night in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In the middle of playing Assassins Creed Origins, my Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition console just randomly turned itself off after maybe a half-hour... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Penitent Chaos, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Xbox One X Randomly Turned Itself Off Twice Last Night

In the middle of playing Assassins Creed Origins, my Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition console just randomly turned itself off after maybe a half-hour of it being turned on, and again once I had turned it back on around fifteen minutes later. The console
    is being used on its stand on top of an open entertainment center with over a foot of clearance to the wall behind it, and eight inches between it and my TV (which would be the top of the console if it was horizontal), with nothing on the other side for at
    least two feet (which would be the bottom of the console) and it was still blowing out incredibly hot air. Seeing as the console has nothing even remotely close to obstructing its airflow, and it has seen less than a total of five hours of combined use since
    I picked it up Tuesday night, and this console isn't exactly $5 for a dozen, I'd like some answers as to why this is happening.

Thanks.

:)

Penitent Chaos, Nov 9, 2017
  2. Xbox has been turning itself on

Over the past couple of weeks my Xbox One has been turn on by itself. Last night I turned it of and 15 minutes later it turned itself on. Just now my roommate just turned it off and not even 2 minutes later it turned on.

FoulestCarton84, Nov 9, 2017
  3. FragzoiD
    FragzoiD Guest
    ERROR 801540B7 and Cannot Manage Account on Xbox.com

Getting the error code 8015407 while trying to redownload my account it randomly deleted last night when i turned off my xbox.... what is this...

FragzoiD, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Xbox One X Randomly Turned Itself Off Twice Last Night

Haven't seen anyone else mention this. Seeing as the console is less than a week old, you think Microsoft would be like "Holy hell, we better get on this!" since they lauded it as the most powerful console ever... still waiting on an answer, callback, or
    anything at all...

Penitent Chaos, Nov 10, 2017
  5. OK Fowl
    OK Fowl Guest
    It may be best to reach out to the official Chat/Phone Team for additional assistance:
    xbx.lv/rqQZaL

OK Fowl, Nov 10, 2017
  6. Tried that already, kept being told I would be helped, got nowhere. When I tried the chat, got "Connecting You With.... for a solid 40 minutes before I closed the window. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but I'm a little pissed. And the point of me
    posting this is not just to garner attention but to have a written record of it all, and hopefully anyone else this has happened to will get noticed, too.

Penitent Chaos, Nov 1, 2018
  7. OK Fowl Win User

It may be best to reach out to the official Chat/Phone Team for additional assistance:
    xbx.lv/rqQZaL
  8. Penitent Chaos Win User

Haven't seen anyone else mention this. Seeing as the console is less than a week old, you think Microsoft would be like "Holy hell, we better get on this!" since they lauded it as the most powerful console ever... still waiting on an answer, callback, or
    anything at all...
  9. Penitent Chaos Win User

xbx.lv/rqQZaL
    Tried that already, kept being told I would be helped, got nowhere. When I tried the chat, got "Connecting You With.... for a solid 40 minutes before I closed the window. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, but I'm a little pissed. And the point of me
    posting this is not just to garner attention but to have a written record of it all, and hopefully anyone else this has happened to will get noticed, too.
  10. TomCole5 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
    Not necessarily fifa 21 xbox one version crashes and turns mine off so does fortnite
  11. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

My Original Xbox One recently started shutting off at random times

Mine turns on by itself all the time to. It doesn't take much interference for it to turn on. It does it sometimes when I turn the xbox on in the back room. I have to turn it off at least twice a day from it randomly turning on.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Randomly Turned Itself Off Twice Last Night - Similar Threads - Randomly Turned Itself

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  4. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  5. Xbox series s turns off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s turns off randomly: Hello i just get an xbox series s seconde hand 2days ago and yesterday i was playing like 4-5hours and then while im playing fifa the s freezes and the controller start blinking and then shutdown...
  6. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  7. My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...: My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my internet connection of but generally happens between the hours of 5-12....
  8. Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on: My xbox controller is flashing and then it vibrated twice before turning off. I did not pay £400 just for 10 months later nonsense like this. Knew i shouldve gotten the ps3 on my 7th birthday...
  9. Xbox series S turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S turning off randomly: For the past few months my Xbox series S has been turning off randomly. Sometimes when I’m playing a game and sometimes when I’m just watching YouTube. It’s even happened when I’ve been sat at the...
  10. Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?

in XboX Insiders
    Is anyone else’s Xbox randomly turning on by itself at night?: The last few nights my Series X has been turning itself on multiple times around 5-8am. I see it’s on when I wake up and have to get up to turn it back off. Anyone else? submitted by...