Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones

Discus and support Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my Xbox One X in 2017. I know it's really time to retire it but I can't afford the new console. Recently I had to hook up the console to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PennyShadokat, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones

I bought my Xbox One X in 2017. I know it's really time to retire it but I can't afford the new console.

Recently I had to hook up the console to a Hitachi TV that I bought sometime around 2013. It's not a smart TV.

The console is attached to the TV via HDMI1. On the other side of the chain is my xfinity receiver. There are no other devices attached. I know this TV has volume that works. It's fine when I hook anything up and the Xbox isn't involved. But anything moving through (or in) the Xbox itself will only output audio through headphones.

I've moved through all of the audio formats that it says are compatible with my setup but I can't get any audio. Removing the Xfinity receiver doesn't change the audio problem.

I'm really tired of having to wear headphones for everything, and only one person can watch TV or Xbox apps. The console is hardwired to internet, if it makes a difference.

Suggestions, please? Thank you.

:)

PennyShadokat, Jun 7, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you been able to test a different HDMI cable?
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Are Xbox Design Lab controllers compatible with Windows 10?

they are the same as the standard xbox one s controllers, so with pc you can use via bluetooth(audio through headphone jack not supported)

or wired(supports audio via headphone jack)
  4. WPAK Win User

Xbox one s och xbox one x[Xbox one s och xbox one x]

Web translation:

Xbox one s and xbox one x

I wonder what audio format the sound card can handle in xbox one s and xbox one x?

Example dts hd master, dolby true hd etc,

Response:

Hi there,

as far as I know the console is able to pass through most types as long as the receiver can handle them.

See this link for some information:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/choosing-speaker-audio-output

Dolby Atmos was also added recently is a form see this link for info:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/13/xbox-one-x-windows-sonic-dolby-atmos-feature/

Hopefully this response does help a bit.
  5. Vault Scrivener Win User

USB microphone not working on Xbox one

I have a USB adopter for my headphones.

I used this USB adopter connected to my headphones plugged into my USB port on my Xbox One X.

The USB port does not recognize my device. Another account has replied to your question with this information.

Their is an audio port on the Xbox controllers, this port is designed for input / output audio.

I use a microphone plugged into my headphones, sometimes.

I tried the USB port, no Audio category was displayed on my Dashboard UI on the Profile & system section.

I have heard and agree that USB transfers audio, as a higher quality compared to the microphone / headphones cable-prong.
  6. Francia J. Win User

No audio through headphones

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

It can be the console as well, kindly perform a reset on your console keeping your games and apps. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones - Similar Threads - purchased 2017 audio

2. Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller purchased in EU shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2.: I have purchased Xbox controller through https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com site in EU. After registering the device, it shows only 1 year of warranty instead of 2. How to update the warranty...
  3. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  4. I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have purchased Minecraft on my MacBook Pro, but the launcher is not working, what do I...: Each time I try to open it, it says the launcher is not responding. If it is just not going to work, how can I get a refund? 4321be62-e20b-4125-bde6-f9a5c176ccf9
  5. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  6. Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit....: Try your purchase at a later date Your account has reached its purchase limit. PUR-AmountLimitExceeded cr9fxcQklYIcxwwB5bD87B.341.4 This shows up when i try to subscribe to Gamepass...
  7. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  8. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  9. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  10. Didn't receive 5,000 reward points after my first purchase?

in XboX Insiders
    Didn't receive 5,000 reward points after my first purchase?: I got the mastercard, spent a $11, and It gave me 55 points for that which is the regular amount but it didn't give me 5,000 points for making my first purchase...? I called Barclays Support and...