Xbox One X Problems with 4k Projectors

Discus and support Xbox One X Problems with 4k Projectors in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently purchased an Xbox Series X console to play through an Anthem 1140 AVR into a JVC NX7 4k projector. The installation engineer could not get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NickHowarth, Nov 7, 2021.

1. NickHowarth
    NickHowarth Guest

I recently purchased an Xbox Series X console to play through an Anthem 1140 AVR into a JVC NX7 4k projector. The installation engineer could not get the Xbox to play at 4k, only 1080p. This was the case even when the Xbox was connected directly to the projector using a HDMI Certified Premium High Speed cable.

The projector plays 4k HDR 10 bit colour when connected to my Sky Q box.

The Xbox plays 4k HDR when connected to my 4k Sony TV.

The installation engineer researched the problem, and said it was a known fault with Xbox Series X consoles, that their video settings do not allow enough time for some projectors to find its 4k signal. Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, do you know if Microsoft plan to fix the problem?

:)

NickHowarth, Nov 7, 2021
  2. The_Rebel_Dons Win User

Netflix Not Outputting Dolby Atmos On Xbox One

I have the same problem on Xbox X and XBox One. I’m using the Denon AVR-X 2700H 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the XBox X, and the Yamaha RXV-6A 7.2 channel Dolby Atmos receiver with the Xbox One. Both receivers were working normally outputting Atmos on Netflix until November 2022. Disney+ and Amazon Prime play Atmos content on both devices without issue, hence indicating that the problem is not with the 4K TV and 4K projector, nor receivers.
  3. NickHowarth Win User

Hi Jesse,

I have managed to connect the XBox to connect to the projector via the AV amp, in 4k HDR 10 bit color at 60HZ. Within the 'Video fidelity & overscan' setting I changed the selection from 'HDMI' to 'Auto-detect'.
  4. NickHowarth Win User

Given that that’s a $9000 projector, I doubt that they even know about the problem. Your best bet would be to submit an official support ticket through support.xbox.com

HDMI sync timings are not usually something That is end-user accessible on a game consul. Have you tried running it through a receiver? The receiver would have time to sync with it, or at least a team far more familiar with your issue,

If you do have the HDMI switching receiver, let the Xbox fully boot (wait 30sec), and then turn on the projector

Best of luck
    Hi SwordofWhedon, Thanks for your reply. I will do as you suggest. Cheers :)
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Given that that’s a $9000 projector, I doubt that they even know about the problem. Your best bet would be to submit an official support ticket through support.xbox.com

HDMI sync timings are not usually something That is end-user accessible on a game consul. Have you tried running it through a receiver? The receiver would have time to sync with it, or at least a team far more familiar with your issue,

If you do have the HDMI switching receiver, let the Xbox fully boot (wait 30sec), and then turn on the projector

Best of luck
  6. NickHowarth Win User

Hi Jesse, Thanks for the feedback. Disappointing, but hopefully enough people raising the problem will spur Microsoft into fixing it. Cheers, Nick
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Problems with 4k Projectors - Similar Threads - Problems Projectors

2. Problem with logging into the Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Problem with logging into the Xbox: Hello, I have a problem with logging into the Xbox system. When I log in, it shows up like in the picture. I reset it all but it still shows up like this. Please help me TT...
  3. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  4. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  5. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  6. Problems with a projector setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with a projector setup: I've been using a projector setup for almost 3 years now, and only have been experiencing issues like this recently. It says that my controller is disconnected, my controllers light stays on,...
  7. Problem with running 4K on a XNoogo 1300ANS projector

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with running 4K on a XNoogo 1300ANS projector: I have a Xbox Series X and a native 1080P with 4K playback support XNoogo 1300ANS projector. I can't seem to get it to play on 4K though. I'm currently running 1440 with a 60HZ refresh rate. It...
  8. Problem with Netflix app in Xbox One S and Xiaomi Projector

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with Netflix app in Xbox One S and Xiaomi Projector: Hi there, I finally got my projector (a Xiaomi Mi Smart Compact) and everything is working great with my xbox one s, including 4K (the projector is 1080 native but admits 4k rescaled). All apps...
  9. x box one x and optoma uhd65 projector blu ray problem 24hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    x box one x and optoma uhd65 projector blu ray problem 24hz: HI I have problem with x box one x and optoma uhd65 projector.Blu ray discs wont output right when 24hz setting is on. It is always outputting rgb instead of ycbcr and causing problems with sync....
  10. problem cable hdmi between xbox 360 and projector (no signal détected)

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem cable hdmi between xbox 360 and projector (no signal détected): hello, i have a problem with my xbox 360 and my projector, when i connect the hdmi cable between xbox and projector , i have no signal détected on the projector . this is not the cable because...