XBOX ONE X - Problem 1080p HDR with Monitor BenQ EW277HDR

Discus and support XBOX ONE X - Problem 1080p HDR with Monitor BenQ EW277HDR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, thank you in advance if you will consider my request, I have trouble when I try to activate the HDR mode in game, with the Monitor BenQ EW277HDR.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nicola Desiato, Nov 14, 2017.

1. XBOX ONE X - Problem 1080p HDR with Monitor BenQ EW277HDR

Hi, thank you in advance if you will consider my request, I have trouble when I try to activate the HDR mode in game, with the

Monitor BenQ EW277HDR. I've already contacted the BenQ Support and I've done these steps:

-I use the only video input available for Xbox One X which is HDMI 2.0 like that of the BenQ EW277HDR Monitor.

-I used both the HDMI Cable provided by the Console and that provided by the Monitor in the box, and no one could make the HDR Mode Active, so only HDR Emulated.

-In Console settings, I set the maximum resolution that supports this Monitor

which is 1080p, I do not care about 4k, I only care about HDR mode and I want that it will works fine!

-I tried 3 Different Video Games, both of them can not activate HDR

Mode, Hitman, Resident Evil 7, Rise of the Tomb Raider, the only ones I own that support the HDR.

** I kindly ask you to help us forward this complaint to Microsoft

Developers, contacting BenQ developers and collaborating on a solution

to release a patch for the 1080p HDR as soon as possible.

It is also your duty to help resolve this compatibility issue to prevent

other people who buy this monitor from experiencing the same problem.

Kind Regards

Nicola D.

:)

Nicola Desiato, Nov 14, 2017
  2. cb42px
    cb42px Guest
    HDR not working with BenQ EW277HDR monitor

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone had luck in having HDR correctly displayed on this BenQ monitor, model EW277HDR? It's a 1080p HDR10-enabled monitor, but not 4K.

When I go to the Xbox One X's Display option and see the 4K details, there's a prompt saying my TV is not HDR10 compatible. Only that it is, I have a PS4 slim connected on the other port of the monitor which works perfectly in HDR.

I tried both ports for the Xbox, both HDMI cables, power cycle, console reset, and none is working. Continues displaying the TV is not HDR10 compatible. Wondering if something might be up with the Xbox instead, or is there a problem with this specific monitor
    model and the XB1 communication?

Thank you for reading.

cb42px, Nov 14, 2017
  3. cb42px
    cb42px Guest

As further background, I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube dating from 10 months ago with this exact setup (XB1X and EW277HDR) where the streamer specified that for some reason the console wasn't detecting the monitor as being HDR10 compatible no matter
    what he tried, while his PS4 Pro worked perfectly. In the comments section there was some speculation about this being possibly patched, and how they haven't heard back from the Microsoft support team at that time, so I'm wondering if anyone has this setup
    working properly to determine if the issue is with my console, or if there is indeed an issue with the communication between this console and this monitor.

cb42px, Nov 14, 2017
  4. NeoguriRamen
    NeoguriRamen Guest

I need a help too! With my ew277hdr, Benq monitor.

NeoguriRamen, Nov 27, 2017
  5. NeoguriRamen Win User

I need a help too! With my ew277hdr, Benq monitor.
  6. PetryBosch Win User

7. cb42px Win User

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes I have, when I play an XB1X game it will display as 'HDR: Emulated' meaning the console is not outputting the HDR content.

The PS4, on the other hand, displays 'HDR: On'.
  8. cb42px Win User

I will try the three steps described on the link you shared by order of presentation. Will update my post with the results later on, thank you for the suggestion.

In the meantime, if anyone else has other ideas or feedback for this specific setup, please let me know!
  9. PetryBosch Win User

You can do a physical power cycle if you want, but I recommend doing it with the menu option mentioned in the link i've posted.

It's not the same as holding the xbox button.
Thema:

1. XBOX ONE X - Problem 1080p HDR with Monitor BenQ EW277HDR - Similar Threads - Problem 1080p HDR

2. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  3. fallout 4 problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    fallout 4 problem: Every time that i try to play fallout 4 i am told “ we can’t save more data for this game or app” i was wondering my how to fix this issue 6f6d4c0a-5a87-44a1-b732-47f2274a43ac
  4. Xbox 360 wifi connection problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wifi connection problem: I'm not ale to connect to wireless wifi with my Xbox 360 and I keep getting a error when I try and it says failed then two blocks 698b7610-5b9d-4c61-838e-251c0fd1a866
  5. Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one disc problem keeps stopping: I just bought farcry 5 on disc and it's downloaded 23% but stopped and keeps saying "installation stopped" and then a loud vibrating sound comes from my xbox for a second, is this a disc problem...
  6. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  7. Problem displaying in 1080p resolution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem displaying in 1080p resolution: I've played with my console ans this tv for the past 2 years without any problems, until last week. The screen of my console take half or 2/3 of my tv screen, instead taking all of it. I checked...
  8. Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problème affichage en résolution 1080p [Translation - Problem displaying in 1080p resolution]: Bonjour, Je joue depuis environ 2 ans avec la même Xbox One S et la même TV en 1080p (option par défaut de base) sans avoir de problèmes. Mais lorsque j'ai allumé ma console hier soir pour...
  9. Xbox 1080p problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1080p problem: I have my Xbox 360 slim hooked up to my Asus VE258Q via HDMI and when I output the optimal resolution which is 1080p, the screen has this flickering/shivering affect where it looks like like all...
  10. Xbox 360 1080p problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 1080p problem: I have my Xbox 360 slim hooked up to my Asus VE258Q via HDMI and when I output the optimal resolution which is 1080p, the screen has this flickering/shivering affect where it looks like like all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. XBOX ONE X - Problem 1080p HDR with Monitor BenQ EW277HDR