Xbox One X Power issue

Discus and support Xbox One X Power issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Several things. 1. It is out of warranty. I am unwilling to get it serviced as I can just get a new console at a cheaper price. I would like to not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anni Gill, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Anni Gill
    Anni Gill Guest

Xbox One X Power issue

Several things.

1. It is out of warranty. I am unwilling to get it serviced as I can just get a new console at a cheaper price. I would like to not need a new console but I am not hopeful at this point.

2. I have tried different cords, outlets, and everything suggested on the official support page.

3. The console has sat on a spacious and untouched area with no chance of physical damage internal or external.

The issue started a few days ago. We had a storm coming, so I shut down my Xbox and unplugged everything before the weather got nasty specifically to avoid this kind of thing.

I plugged it back up after the weather was fine and suddenly it won't turn on for longer than a few seconds and it's making a very nasty buzzing noise.

I have a couple videos of the issue attached. One is visual and the other is up against the side of the console so you can hear the sound im talking about.

The sound ... https://youtube.com/shorts/I08YXGRYpng?feature=share

and how it looks.

https://youtu.be/jYkd1wLqC4M

Oddly enough, I plugged in a USB cord to the USB port and plugged in my phone to the other end... and it started charging.

Is this a good sign or a bad one? Is it possible the power outlet thing is messed up and I can just get a double sided USB or something instead of the power cord? Sorry if that sounds ridiculous but I am desperate and having a silly and oddly set up console would be so much better than not having one at all.

I should also note no other device in the house had issues just to get concerns about possible complications from the storm out of the way (and everything else was also unplugged to be safe with 0 issue upon rebooting... just the Xbox one x.)

I will be extremely grateful if anyone knows what's going on. I also don't know what to do as I just set up this console in mid June and I have 2 months of free game pass ultimate that I can't even use properly.

:)

Anni Gill, Jul 30, 2022
  2. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one x Power issue

Hi

Firstly if you press and hold the power button on the front of console for 10 seconds does it switch off? Also when the console is shut down does pressing the button on the front of it cause the console to switch on?

If it does not switch on when pressing the button please try removing the power cable from the wall outlet for two minutes to see if this helps.
  3. Mister Cazador Win User

Xbox One X Power Issues

An update. I have plugged the console into the mains and can confirm at this moment the console is working correctly
    Awesome, we're glad to hear that PsycoCobra. Please let us know if you have any other Xbox questions for us and we hope you enjoy your day :)
  4. Georges C. Win User

Xbox One X Power issue

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Anni, i'm sorry for what's happening to your console, usually in these cases it's the xbox's internal power source.

Since you've tried all the electrical procedures, it means something's been damaged at the source.

In such cases Microsoft usually has the repair service paid for in these situations, you can also resort to some technical assistance from Games to see if they can resolve the electrical issue.
  5. JJ xD84 Win User

Xbox One X power on issues

I have been noticing the same issue as Part C. in Belerephont's post above. Currently running experiment to see if leaving the Xbox One X. on all day will effect game-play this evening.
    After running my Xbox One X. for 12 hours with no activity in use, I have found no extreme heat changes. I will be leaving it on however to see if there is anything different overnight. With the addition of about 4 hours game-play to boot. If I DO NOT see
    any changes still... I will have to guess that its a software issue for the Instant-On feature within the system's OS.
  6. Mister Cazador Win User

Xbox One X Power Issues

Thanks for the reply. I have followed the guide and I keep having to do the removal of the cable each time I use it. It is plugged into a strip because there is no access to a mains socket

Thank you
    Thanks for trying those steps and for the update on that. We do recommend keeping your Xbox One console connected to a wall outlet rather than an external power strip whenever possible for best results. That is likely why you're finding that you need to
    complete a full
    power cycle
    after you power down your console and power it on again.

Something that may help is switching to
    Energy-Saving power mode
    if you're currently using Instant-On power mode.
Thema:

Xbox One X Power issue

1. Xbox One X Power issue - Similar Threads - Power issue

2. Console or power box issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console or power box issue?: I’m having trouble with my original Xbox one. I don’t know if it’s the power box the console itself. I have an after market power box because the original stopped working. Anyway, I plug the power...
  3. Power outage issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power outage issues: I had a power outage and after that my console comes up for a brief five seconds then shuts right off and each time I try turning it on its the same thing(xbox one x). Any suggestions on what I...
  4. X box series x power supply issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series x power supply issue: Guys I have been with x box for 21 years (2003). I am highly disappointed in the customer service and support I have received with this power supply issue. It’s been a roller coaster to say the...
  5. Power Supply Issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power Supply Issue?: Me, my brother and my fiancé were playing SpiderHeck on our Xbox One and were about to call it quits when the xbox shut itself off, now the brick in the back is flashing red and the xbox won’t...
  6. Issue with auto update in power save

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with auto update in power save: On a series X running the latest alpha OS. Auto update is enabled for games, apps and the OS. The console auto updates the OS fine but it does not update the games or apps. It won’t realise there...
  7. Xbox Series X Power issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Power issue: When first starting up my series X the start up cycle will begin, the Xbox start up screen will come onto the monitor and then the screen will freeze, the power button flashes 3 times quickly,...
  8. 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and...: Any advice how to resolve 0x87e107df issue - full power cycle of console doesn't resolve - both owned and subscription games 8fe3a364-0154-4d43-a18a-535a5ccf82b0
  9. XBOX ONE POWER ISSUE

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX ONE POWER ISSUE: My Xbox one worked well but i have to position the cable for the power light to become green and then it wouldn't work without a surge protector and short after that it wouldn't work at all the...
  10. Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X power up issues. Light turns on but xbox does not power up: Upon hitting the power button , the light and fan turns on with no visuals on screen and the xbox seems abnormally quiet. Nothing on the screen comes up at all and within in a minute the xbox...