Xbox one x offline update is grayed out?

Discus and support Xbox one x offline update is grayed out? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to fix my xb1x console. I have had a bad hhd drive so I changed it to a ssd 1tb and now I have tried to do a offline update and It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by darlacriger, Feb 17, 2023.

1. darlacriger
    darlacriger Guest

I have been trying to fix my xb1x console. I have had a bad hhd drive so I changed it to a ssd 1tb and now I have tried to do a offline update and It is grayed out and can't get it to change. I have looked on xbox.com and yt videos and tried everything that was on there. I am just about to burn the console up. It's not worth the money to send in for repair because it's slow as molasses and way out of warranty. Is there anyone out there that can tell me just exactly what is wrong with this console? I still have a Xbox 360 and haven't had any trouble with it and it's old but still boots up like it's brand new. The error is E102 00000C01 80070003.

:)

darlacriger, Feb 17, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Regarding the offline system update procedure, please make sure the USB drive you are using is empty and only the system update file is stored there, also make sure that the USB drive is formatted to NTFS format.
  3. WPAK Win User

Are updates mandatory for Xbox One X?

Hi,

Yes the Xbox One X works the same as the Xbox One and Xbox One S, update wise for games and console updates.

While it is advised to connect the console to the internet, you should be able to go offline as mentioned on the support page that Smwutches
    posted : https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/using-xbox-one-offline

This is the same for any Xbox One console, so regular, S and X
  4. AirChimera35922 Win User

Are updates mandatory for Xbox One X?

Hi,

Yes the Xbox One X works the same as the Xbox One and Xbox One S, update wise for games and console updates.

While it is advised to connect the console to the internet, you should be able to go offline as mentioned on the support page that Smwutches posted :

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/using-xbox-one-offline

This is the same for any Xbox One console, so regular, S and X
    Thank you for the info. I was let to believe that the X model handles games differently from the older models due to its ability to use the 4k updates of games.
  5. ADVENT SYZYGY Win User

xbox one and xbox one x

The xbox one is the one that completely turns off. The xbox one x wont make it past the screen that allows you to do an offline update. So it's broke.
  6. IndigoJarhead Win User

Since last update my Xbox One x will not even update offline more or less rendering my system no good I didn't spend $800 to just have it turn out to be garbage there's only a year and a half old

I literally have the same problem I tried a system reset on my Xbox one x and now I can't even use it offline, tried the offline update too. It was fine at the weekend now this update comes along and I no longer have an xbox
Thema:

1. Xbox one x offline update is grayed out? - Similar Threads - offline update grayed

2. Offline Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline Update: I have tried every possible way to get the offline update for Xbox Series S on my PC and I keep getting a white screen with the xbox logo going around and around never loading....
  3. Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox not detecting my usb after trying to do 3 offline updates: recently my xbox one x hard drive has failed, i have purchased a new one, i formatted the new hdd and plugged it into the console, i made a usb, formatted to ntfs, installed osu1, i tried doing...
  4. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  5. I have the offline update ready but it wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    I have the offline update ready but it wont work: The hard drive on my xbox stop working so I got a external hard drive and I formatted it to the nofct or something like that and now it says that I can do a offline update I have the files ready...
  6. Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox unable to update to newest Insider update, offline update fails too. Alpha & Alpha...: Hey all, having a huge issue with both my Xbox Series X's. When I try to update normally, this occurs every single time no matter what. https://i.imgur.com/rOkodS9.jpeg When I attempt to do the...
  7. Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S has no output, can't do offline update.: My Xbox One S console was previously shut off during an update. (It hung in the middle of the update for multiple hours). I followed the guide for doing an offline update, but I can't get into the...
  8. Offline Update Xbox one S - Error E101 and E106

in XboX Insiders
    Offline Update Xbox one S - Error E101 and E106: Is the OSU1 file already updated on the support website? I just noticed that a new update for the Xbox was released in March. I need to update my console offline, and currently, I'm on OS version...
  9. Help with offline update Cbox One Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help with offline update Cbox One Series S: CAN ANYONE HELP!! im at my wits end i got a SSD 1 TB i formatted and partitioned the damn thing correctly put it in the Xbox Installed OSU1 ran everything and now I’m getting a damn system error...
  10. What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...: What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline update? ec197dba-d87a-4560-9b2f-b7939095be0c