Xbox One X not turning on projector if turned on from Elite Series 2 Controller

Discus and support Xbox One X not turning on projector if turned on from Elite Series 2 Controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, My Xbox One X is setup to turn on/off my projector when the Power button is pushed. This works fine. I specified the exact model in the TV... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by boodrumboi, Feb 17, 2022.

1. boodrumboi
    boodrumboi Guest

Hi All,

My Xbox One X is setup to turn on/off my projector when the Power button is pushed. This works fine. I specified the exact model in the TV settings page. I have a Samsung LSP7T projector. I also have an older Xbox controller that is non-bluetooth, and wirelessly turning on/off this controller turns on/off the Xbox/TV as well. Great! But I just bought an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, and, while it does turn on/off the Xbox, the Xbox doesn't send the signal to turn on/off the TV. My Xbox did update this controller the other night with the latest firmware, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Just to reiterate, this seems to be a problem specifically with the Series 2 controller or it's communication with the system to trigger the HDMI-CEC on/off functionality. Using an older controller or just pushing the power button on the system triggers the TV just fine.

:)

boodrumboi, Feb 17, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi boodrumboi,

Sorry for the late reply. If you don't mind I'd like to clarify if I got your follow up question correctly. May I know if you happen to set-up your TV to turn-on Xbox and other devices like printer/projector? How do we turn on this kind of settings, is it through a remote controller or you will press the menu on TV itself? Possibly, there might be interference wirelessly (if using remote controller) that affects the connection along the line with projector and Xbox Console and TV. You may also try to distance this two devices: Xbox Console and Projector, see if same issue happen.

By the way, I found this thread with similar to your concern (wireless interference) however it is discusses Xbox Console and router - XBox only visible in network map when laptop connected through please see MisterFizzle reply.

In any case, you may also submit this concern/question to Team Xbox, who knows this could also be something technical that they can look at. Please install Xbox Report a Problem app, see guide here - Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.

We appreciate you have asked this question. Have a great day!

Kind regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi boodrumboi,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Looks like you found the cause of the issue you were having. To answer your question regarding transmission of wireless signal - this is commonly called as interference. Interference is caused by devices or wall or things that hinders the wireless signal to pass through. Example: 3ed party headset, glass, filling cabinet, concrete wall metal, etc.

Hope this helps! If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. boodrumboi Win User

So this is really curious... My Xbox is in a cabinet with a front cover, and the projector is sitting on top of the cabinet. They're connected with an HDMI cable, obviously. When I close the cabinet and turn on the Xbox, the projector doesn't trigger on/off. But as soon as I open the cabinet and try again, it does! What the heck is going on??? The xbox can't be transmitting a wireless signal to the projector. I'm super confused, but at least the problem is solved.
  5. boodrumboi Win User

Thank you for the reply, Kathy. Just to quickly reply to your comment - the curious thing about this situation is that in this scenario, wireless signal interference should have nothing to do with the issue. The entire dataflow here is wired - xbox turns on, and triggers through a wired HDMI cable for the TV to turn on. Opening/closing the entertainment cabinet should have no influence here.
  6. AL Vander-Starre Win User

Why is my Xbox One S stuck in Firmware update mode?

Turns out, the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller needed to be replaced.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X not turning on projector if turned on from Elite Series 2 Controller - Similar Threads - turning projector turned

2. My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won't turn on at all but I hear a ringing sound: So I went to turn on my Xbox series x and it won't turn on but I hear this ringing noise from inside my console if anybody have any idea to fix this I'll appreciate I read some things online about...
  3. Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into...: Whenever I turn on my blood red Xbox controller it starts blinking and won’t go into connection mode and just blinks it’s under responsive I am really scared and I don’t know what to do please...
  4. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  5. When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When i turn on my xbox, the tv says that there is no signal. What do i do?: I have this xbox since december and it hasnt given me any problem until this morning, when the xbox turned on but there was no image reflected. I tried changing the hdmi wire to different ports...
  6. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  7. Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't turn on/off benq projector with kinect: It won't recognize my BenQ gp20 projector. It will not power it up or down. It will control the volume though. 841b60a8-fc55-49a8-b49a-68380f6a76a9
  8. How to setup my projector to turn on or off with my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup my projector to turn on or off with my xbox one: I am trying to setup my Epson home cinema 4000 projector to turn on and off with my xbox one but when I try to set it up I am asked for a tv remote code which I have no idea what it is for my...
  9. how to get xbox to turn on/off projector

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to get xbox to turn on/off projector: i have a viewsocic pro 8500 model number:VS13645 the xbox does not seem to have any codes if any body knows the codes for this let me know a09008cb-1288-4ba7-8482-b8994a155d28
  10. After New Experience update, Xbox will not turn off my projector.

in XBoX on Consoles
    After New Experience update, Xbox will not turn off my projector.: First, let me say how useless the chat support has been. I have spent HOURS just trying to explain the problem to them. Then it's the useless responses: restart, factory reset, offline update...