Xbox One X not seeing HDR TV capabilities

Discus and support Xbox One X not seeing HDR TV capabilities in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone... For some reason my X1X is not picking up the HDR setting from my 4K TV. I know for a fact my TV has the most recent HDR (10) output... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Exidna, Nov 29, 2017.

  1. Exidna
    Exidna Guest

    Xbox One X not seeing HDR TV capabilities


    Hello everyone... For some reason my X1X is not picking up the HDR setting from my 4K TV. I know for a fact my TV has the most recent HDR (10) output on it and I have it running on HDR mode. But when I go to settings, I see that it is in fact seeing UHD
    4K but the HDR is grayed out.

    Any thoughts on what it could be causing this? or is it normal.

    :)
     
    Exidna, Nov 29, 2017
    #1
  2. Xbox One X Display Settings related to potential bandwidth limitations.

    There's no official support documentation specifically about the Xbox One X yet.

    However, I'd imagine it will at least have the same support for 4K+HDR carried over from the Xbox One S, the specifications and troubleshooting of which can be found below.

     
    Internet Expert, Nov 29, 2017
    #2
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    M3tal Daz3, Nov 29, 2017
    #3
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

    Xbox One X not seeing HDR TV capabilities

    Hi

    It is probably something straight forward like a setting on the television that requires changing or you need to be using a different HDMI port on the television. Please see the two articles below that may help with you problem.

    Also please make sure you have connected your console directly to your television with the supplied HDMI lead to eliminate issues that may be getting caused by connecting through another device.

    Getting the Best 4K, HDR Experience with Xbox One S and Xbox One X - Xbox Wire

    Troubleshoot 4K and HDR on Xbox One X and Xbox One S
     
    gds1972, Nov 29, 2017
    #4
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

    4K/HDR

    You need to upgrade to a better tv with more robust HDR capabilities in my opinion TCL is ok but for Xbox One X I think it must be a more capable tv than that...
  6. gds1972 Win User

    Xbox One X not seeing HDR TV capabilities

    Hi

    It is probably something straight forward like a setting on the television that requires changing or you need to be using a different HDMI port on the television. Please see the two articles below that may help with you problem.

    Also please make sure you have connected your console directly to your television with the supplied HDMI lead to eliminate issues that may be getting caused by connecting through another device.

    https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/22/best-4k-hdr-experience-xbox/

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/troubleshooting-4k-and-hdr-on-xbox-one
  7. Internet Expert Win User

    Xbox One X Display Settings related to potential bandwidth limitations.

    There's no official support documentation specifically about the Xbox One X yet.

    However, I'd imagine it will at least have the same support for 4K+HDR carried over from the Xbox One S, the specifications and troubleshooting of which can be found below.

  8. Internet Expert Win User

    XBOX ONE X HDR look dark and blurry with "TCL 55P605" TV ?

  9. DesertDawg Win User

    XBOX ONE X

    Yes absolutely it does, Your Xbox will auto-detect the type of Tv you have and setup default setting. To get the best display from your Xbox One X you will want to use a 4K capable TV with HDR.
Thema:

Xbox One X not seeing HDR TV capabilities

Loading...
  1. Xbox One X not seeing HDR TV capabilities - Similar Threads - seeing HDR capabilities

  2. How to see what badges are and change which show?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to see what badges are and change which show?: I am in the beta ring. It seems I should be able to at a minimum be able to see what the badges were for and also should be able to select which 5 are showing? I tried to find it on console, and...
  3. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  4. Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.

    in XboX Insiders
    Physical media question was a nice surprise to see this morning.: “For each of the following features that could be included on a next-generation XBOX console, which of the following statements would you say best describes the feature? ❓Lets you install games...
  5. Having problems seeing my full library post joining Insider

    in XboX Insiders
    Having problems seeing my full library post joining Insider: Title says it. Its not showing me my library anymore. Or my game pass that I get through a friend. This has been happening since I joined the insider program in anticipation for the disc to...
  6. Unable to see alpha on Xbox insider hub

    in XboX Insiders
    Unable to see alpha on Xbox insider hub: On my Xbox inside hub I only see options for beta, delta, omega with no alpha option to join. Anyone else have this issue as well? submitted by /u/KingDrakkonSnake [link] [comments]
  7. profile pics are being see as default ones and cannot access certain games/apps.

    in XboX Insiders
    profile pics are being see as default ones and cannot access certain games/apps.: everyone’s profile pictures have been set to default for me i’ve been told it’s a privacy setting so i’ve made it so it’s adult default and it doesn’t save at all.i try to go on discord and it...
  8. See friends list even though its private

    in XboX Insiders
    See friends list even though its private: Hi so um this random ahhh dude been messaging me saying “whos (example) on ur friends list?” but I dont even know how cause my shi is set to private can someone tell me hes doing this submitted...
  9. Issues with HDR Calibration App - Cannot See White Squares

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with HDR Calibration App - Cannot See White Squares: I'm trying to run the HDR Calibration tool on my Series X. I can see the squares on the Minimum Luminance screen and adjust accordingly. However, when it goes to the Maximum Luminance, I cannot...
  10. Xbox Series X Does Not See HDR Combability with Hisense 55HG8

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Does Not See HDR Combability with Hisense 55HG8: Hi everyone! New Xbox Series X owner here. For some reason it can't seem to to detect HDR on the Hisense 55HG8 TV. According to the websites manual for the tv, it is HDR compatible. Link to...