Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up

Discus and support Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've had this Xbox One X for around 2-3 months and for the past few days it hasn't been installing, and goes to a black screen for around 15 mins after... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YaBoiEndgineer, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up

I've had this Xbox One X for around 2-3 months and for the past few days it hasn't been installing, and goes to a black screen for around 15 mins after the xbox loading screen, which takes about 5 minutes. I've tried restarting, troubleshooting (hold power button for 10 sec, unplug, wait 5 min...), and resetting, but I still can't install anything and it still won't boot normally.

:)

YaBoiEndgineer, Aug 21, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

3. CamzPlayz Win User

Taking a long time to boot

Hey it might be woth getting your xbox checked out. Im sure its nothing bad your xbox could just be old. In terms of what you could do make sure theres nothing that could slow down your xbox.

[information removed]
  4. jaega Win User

I get the same problem on the 2013 Xbox One console. This began happening following a system update around 10/20/2018. There were issues during the update as well.

The update took a long time to install. There were several reboots during the process. The xbox took about 2 days before it was functional, but after during reboot after the installation finally completed it took a really long time before you saw something
    on the screen.
  5. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hey Broth32!

Sorry to hear about this problem you're dealing with.

Slow boot up could be something to do with a recent update maybe no completing the way that it should.

That being the case, I would strongly suggest going about doing what we call a soft reset of your console to correct any software discrepancy that could be going down.

It's a reset of your console back to factory settings but one that does not uninstall any of your games or apps and is a really good troubleshooting step for most issues.

Just make sure that before you go ahead with it, that you do know all of the sign-in information for any/all of your profie(asthey
    will be removed) and have easy access to your internet network.

Also make sure that you select the option denoted
    reset and keep my games and apps.

Follow the steps here on
    How to reset your console to factory defaults on Xbox One
    and let us know how that helps with the issue

Thanks
  6. SilentGamer895 Win User

Xbox one takes long to boot up.

No it wouldnt speed up or slow down powering up your console.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X not installing apps and taking a long time to boot up - Similar Threads - installing apps taking

2. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  3. The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack app will not install on my xbox series X.

in XBoX on Windows
    The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack app will not install on my xbox series X.: The ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Original Soundtrack will not install on my xbox series X. It will start to download, then abort without any error. I have 70% free space on my HD, tried...
  4. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  5. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  6. How do i install Xbox app and program file,windowsapp in a costum foulder?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i install Xbox app and program file,windowsapp in a costum foulder?: Windows is installed in Disk C and when i select the xbox installation location to Disk D it creates Windowsapp,Program Files, Xboxgames foulders, i dont want the foulders random in Disk D without...
  7. How do i install Xbox app and program file,windowsapp in a costum foulder?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i install Xbox app and program file,windowsapp in a costum foulder?: Windows is installed in Disk C and when i select the xbox installation location to Disk D it creates Windowsapp,Program Files, Xboxgames foulders, i dont want the foulders random in Disk D without...
  8. Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App for PC installed games have disappeared / HELP Needed: Hi so games that i have bought previously i have installed them on my PC using the Xbox App for PC, but as of late whenever i open the Xbox App it is only showing 1 game installed and ready to...
  9. Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to install apps on Xbox 1s: I have tried to download apps such as Spotify or YouTube, it shows that I own it but whenever it comes to installing it, it just doesn't do anything, I've pressed it multiple times, I've tried...
  10. Takes ages to install Apps from 0.0%

in XboX Insiders
    Takes ages to install Apps from 0.0%: I was trying to install apps but it literally was sitting there at 0.0% for a good half a minute before it all of a sudden starts downloading from the network in chunks. I'm not having this issue...