Xbox one X new system Update took my 4k Assets away

Discus and support Xbox one X new system Update took my 4k Assets away in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've been trying to figure this issue out for a while now And basically I have a xbox one X And it seems as if the Microsoft store Is registering my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Clifton Wilkes, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Xbox one X new system Update took my 4k Assets away

So I've been trying to figure this issue out for a while now And basically I have a xbox one X And it seems as if the Microsoft store Is registering my xbox 1X As if it is a regular Xbox Because I paid for so many games in 4K And it keeps trying to download them for HDR10 And this whole time My games have played in 4k hower After the most recent update When I go to purchase a game or something If you go into the technical Capabilities And say I filter For xbox 1X game, Under technical Capabilities, Here is a few examples It will show not highlighted, Optimize for xbox series X/S, Smart delivery, 4K ultra HD, Which again is not highlighted, But then it shows HDR10, Xbox 1X enhanced, Which those 2 are highlighted And I tried to click on the ones that are not highlighted And it doesn't take me nowhere, But on the Hdr10 and the xbox 1X Enhanced, It takes me to games that have that stuff As if it is recognizing That my TV Has HDR10, And my TV is not HDR at all, And the 4K ultra HD is not in Gray, So I assume, This means the Microsoft store is not recognizing that I have A 4K ultra HDTV And the reason I say that is because this used to be grey and bold like the others I named, And nothing has changed whatsoever When it comes to HDMI ports or anything wires.. etc.. I have talked with Microsoft on the phone And still have not got this resolved.. So ultimately what I'm stating here is since the Microsoft store is not recognizing I have a xbox one x connected to a 4k UHD tv, what has happened is I think possibly that new smart delivery optimization thing may have converted all my xbox one x games back to base xbox one, with no 4k assets ,And Yes I have the keep my games and apps update option on and I have alot of games and yes, I updated firm were all that stuff is there any answer to this because I literally only went out to purchase multiple of these consoles for the 4k gaming feature please help i provided pictures thank you.
    Xbox one X new system Update took my 4k Assets away [​IMG]

:)

Clifton Wilkes, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Clifton, I have the same type of console, and most of the time this happened was some configuration on my TV, ie those in the HDMI settings of the TV uses the 4k and other features were not active.

Have you tried switching HDMI cable and also try another HDMI input from your TV, usually hdmi 1 is an ARC or eARC input, see if you have everything enabled and configured on your TV.

Then if necessary, re-reset the console while keeping games and Apps.

As for Smart Delivery it works in a different way, its function is to deliver the files according to the console, regardless of the configuration you are using.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

Never got 4k updates

You need to download the 4K assets. On Xbox One X, 4K updates will download automatically if you’ve told your Xbox to “Keep my games & apps up to date” (in Settings > System > Updates > Games
    & apps
    ).
  4. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Xbox One X Enhanced Content

Hi,

when you play a game that is xbox one x enhanced you'll get a update prompt to download the 4k assets in order to play the game in 4k
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

4K patch sizes for physical copies of xbox one x games

Hi,

Be aware that that there are one or two ways Xbox One enhanced games work when it comes to 4K. Some games are simply optimised to run in 4K resolution and nothing else is added to the game code. The textures remain the same as the standard Xbox, but everything
    looks sharper and crisp because the game is running natively at 3840x2160.

For example Assassins Creed Origins and Assassins Creed Odyssey run in 4K with HDR, but have no additional 4K assets. Wolfenstein The New Colossus has no 4K assets either, just a resolution bump.

I don't think Shadow of the Tomb Raider has 4K assets. The Division doesn't have 4K assets either, as far as I'm aware. However, it does need the latest patch to run in 4K. If you ran the Division in offline mode straight after the disc install on an
    Xbox One X, it will play as if it were running on a standard Xbox One.

I don't think RDR2 has any 4K assets, the game simply runs in 4K on the One X console. The Patch does not contain any additional texture data for the One X platform.
  6. Enetico Win User

enable 4k content download isnt there!!!

that feature was to preload the 4k patches to the games so you have them installed when you transfer your games to the xbox one x. If you start a game on the xbox one x that is enhanced for the console and there is no prompt for an update it means you already
    have the 4k assets.
Thema:

1. Xbox one X new system Update took my 4k Assets away - Similar Threads - system Update took

2. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  3. Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...

in XboX Insiders
    Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...: I have my Xbox One S enrolled in the insiders program, and my HDD died. Therefore, I cannot recover the system from the console in any way, not even extracting the contents of the System Update...
  4. How do I update my Xbox 360 system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I update my Xbox 360 system: Hi I’m new, How do I update my Xbox live system I have an 8gb usb but it’s not working do I need an official Xbox storage device 0b2fb2db-4976-40ff-8ee4-8395f8301fef
  5. My Xbox series S won’t system update.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S won’t system update.: It keeps saying there’s a problem, but I’ve reset it twice and I’m unable to do an offline reset. Please help? 99e3bf41-b1e5-4752-a78f-662da4740462
  6. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  7. Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates?: Why is my Xbox one so slow on system updates? It takes hrs and I have a superb connection. I spend a bit on here too, makes me want to throw it away. 927a8f13-bb2c-4c9f-9d0c-0f5ec2c295d7
  8. "Setup is updating your system" for five hours

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Setup is updating your system" for five hours: I installed Microsoft Flight Simulator for Windows 95 on my Windows 10 machine, not really expecting it to work. Amazingly it does. Still. the setup screen has been progressing but now has been...
  9. Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?: After the system update (1/16/2024) I no longer can use my keyboard to go through the menu. What gives? df6c6846-972e-4461-984f-407d9292ec6c
  10. Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S E101 problems when trying to update OS or recovering the system (maybe hard...: Hello, so I'm kinda new in all this console repairing thing so I don't know a lot and I would need some help. I recently got a second hand Xbox One S, and it had image problems, it wouldn't show...