[Xbox One X] Need help : Intermittent recurrent HDMI signal losses / black screen (new to...

Discus and support [Xbox One X] Need help : Intermittent recurrent HDMI signal losses / black screen (new to... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My problem : Black intermittent screens comes in video at any moment (last 2 sec): gaming or Xbox one home ; I loose both sound and video, my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by F.VonBraun, Jun 6, 2020.

1. F.VonBraun
    F.VonBraun Guest

[Xbox One X] Need help : Intermittent recurrent HDMI signal losses / black screen (new to...

Hello,

My problem :

Black intermittent screens comes in video at any moment (last 2 sec): gaming or Xbox one home ; I loose both sound and video, my monitor displays ("HDMI-1 no signal") whereas my Xbox one X is still running.

When it begins to appear it then becomes more frequent, at a certain point, I can definitely loose HDMI signal from Xbox one Xbox

Impossible to play my games with this problem (FPS online)...

Important infos:

- Play Xbox one X on PC monitor 1080p (2 HDMI inputs)

- I've been using my new xbox one X for 1 week only, my first week (not intensive use, less than 15h, and those were spread over the whole week)

=> Warranty still running to mid 2022

- I directly link Xbox one X HDMI to my PC monitor ; no other devices wired to my Xbox one X excepted USB for my controller.

Some precisions :

I've already looked all Microsoft Xbox video troobleshooting and tested it (topic most related to mine seems to be : https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/xbox/forum/all/random-black-screening-Xbox-one-X/8335ec83-dc89-4019-b3c8-de577564dfc4?auth=1&page=1)

- My pbm has nothing to do with black screen death at start-up

- My pbm has nothing to do with 4k / HDR since I use 1080p monitor

Troobleshooting that I've done :

- Changed HDMI cable (original Xbox one with another one new : HDMI High Speed with Ethernet) => doesn't fix

- Switched HDMI inputs on PC monitor => doesn't fix

- Many hard reboot => doesn't fix

- Soft Factory reset done => doesn't fix

- Xbox video settings : already in 8 bits (my only choice) + space color PC full RGB + resolution 1080p

- lower resolution 720p : doesn't fix

- reseted monitor settings to Factory => doesn't fix

- unplugged the Xbox one X power cable + replugged it (waited more than 30 sec) before hard rebooting => doesn't fix the problem, but at reboot I have video + sound OK, BUT in less than 2 min the signal loss begins to appear again and again, it seems that if
    I don't do this I definitely have no video at all after hard reboot ("HDMI no signal")...

So, the source of the problem is:

Not screen monitor (works perfectly with laptop on several hours of use, with same HDMI input)

Not HDMI cable

Conclusion : Can only be the Xbox one X (maybe a flaw on the GPU video card inside ?), and I cannot believe the problem is the Xbox one power cable : I'd like your point of view please.

What would tou recommend please ? Directly ask for repair service to Microsoft?

Just imagine my disappointment : new Xbox one X (my first personal gaming product so far), I already have hardware problem after less than 2 weeks...

I would appreciate all your help (I'm opened to it), thank you,

Best Regards,

:)

F.VonBraun, Jun 6, 2020
  2. F.VonBraun Win User

[Xbox One X] Need help : Intermittent recurrent HDMI signal losses / black screen (new to Microsoft consoles, first major problem...), any ideas?

Hello,

My problem :

Black intermittent screens comes in video at any moment (last 2 sec): gaming or Xbox one home ; I loose both sound and video, my monitor displays ("HDMI-1 no signal") whereas my Xbox one X is still running.

When it begins to appear it then becomes more frequent, at a certain point, I can definitely loose HDMI signal from Xbox one Xbox

Important infos:

- I've been using my new xbox one X for 1 week only, my first week (not intensive use, less than 15h, and those were spread over the whole week)

- I directly link Xbox one X HDMI to my PC monitor ; no other devices wired to my Xbox one X excepted USB for my controller.

Some precisions :

I've already looked all Microsoft Xbox video troobleshooting and tested it (topic most related to mine seems to be : https://answers.microsoft.com/fr-fr/xbox/forum/all/random-black-screening-Xbox-one-X/8335ec83-dc89-4019-b3c8-de577564dfc4?auth=1&page=1)

- Changed HDMI cable (original Xbox one with another one new : HDMI High Speed with Ethernet) => doesn't fix

- Xbox video settings : already in 8 bits (my only choice) + space color PC full RGB + resolution 1080p

- unplugged the Xbox one X power cable + replugged it (waited more than 30 sec) before hard rebooting => doesn't fix the problem, but at reboot I have video + sound OK, BUT in less than 2 min the signal loss begins to appear again and again, it seems that if
    I don't do this I definitely have no video at all after hard reboot ("HDMI no signal")...

Not screen monitor (works perfectly with laptop on several hours of use, with same HDMI input)

Not HDMI cable

Conclusion : Can only be the Xbox one X (maybe a flaw on the GPU video card inside ?), and I cannot believe the problem is the Xbox one power cable : I'd like your point of view please.

Just imagine my disappointment : new Xbox one X (my first personal gaming product so far), I already have hardware problem after less than 2 weeks...

Best Regards,
    Hello!

So Have you tried to put the console on a TV? If not try do it .... anyway I extremely recommend you to ask for repair service of microsoft .

Follow this link : https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced and
    tell you issue.

I know it's frustrating , but try to do that. I hope that they solve your problem! ^^ Good Luck! Good games!

Thank you so much!

Thank you very much for your pieces of advice.

I'll try tomorrow my Xbox one X on a TV and I'll keep you informed of the result of the test.

However, my monitor is a ASUS VG245H, the manufacturer ASUS says that it's compatible with Xbox one X + PS4 ; so, there is no reason that it shouldn't work with my X1X. As I said, my monitor works perfectly with my laptop.

I've also not found any video problem encountered by users of Xbox one with the same PC monitor as mine (on the internet)..
  3. DxSkadi Win User

[Xbox One X] Need help : Intermittent recurrent HDMI signal losses / black screen (new to Microsoft consoles, first major problem...), any ideas?

Hello,

My problem :

Important infos:

Some precisions :

Not HDMI cable

Best Regards,
    Hello!

So Have you tried to put the console on a TV? If not try do it .... anyway I extremely recommend you to ask for repair service of microsoft .

Follow this link : https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced and
    tell you issue.

I know it's frustrating , but try to do that. I hope that they solve your problem! ^^ Good Luck! Good games!

Thank you so much!
  4. DxSkadi Win User

I confirm that after testing today my X1X on TV, I still have the issue (very recurrent loss of HDMI signal, the images are flickering a lot, in fact I even didn't get any normal image :( )

Conclusion : The issue is in my X1X (maybe GPU flaw) => I will ask for Microsoft repair service.

Frustrating, I just didn't have luck with my new X1X :/

Thank you for your help ,

Best Regards,
    You're welcome! =D Good luck! Have a good day!
  5. F.VonBraun Win User

I confirm that after testing today my X1X on TV, I still have the issue (very recurrent loss of HDMI signal, the images are flickering a lot, in fact I even didn't get any normal image :( )

Conclusion : The issue is in my X1X (maybe GPU flaw) => I will ask for Microsoft repair service.

Frustrating, I just didn't have luck with my new X1X :/

Thank you for your help DxSkadi,

Best Regards,
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Xbox One X intermittent HDMI loss of signal

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We
    will be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues on your own thread.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums!
Thema:

1. [Xbox One X] Need help : Intermittent recurrent HDMI signal losses / black screen (new to... - Similar Threads - Need help Intermittent

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  4. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  5. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  6. I need help with my Xbox one x.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with my Xbox one x.: It's an Xbox one x, I was playing my game and it shut off on me and now only turn on for a couple of seconds before it turns off. You can hear something happening inside the Xbox, idk what to do...
  7. I need help with this headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with this headset: I have a problem with my wireless RAZOR headset, out of nowhere it just doesn't work at all. None of the buttons do anything and the light has been green for 3-4 hours. I don't what what to do...
  8. Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.

in XboX Insiders
    Need Help because can't activate Dev mode on Xbox Series S.: Hello devs and community, in the past days i had an error on my xbox that can't access to dev mode menu because it shows me an error that says that i cant activate Dev mode on my console, and in...
  9. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....
  10. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...