Xbox one X makes "knocking" noise and update fails.

Discus and support Xbox one X makes "knocking" noise and update fails. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Whenever my Xbox updates and gets to the "Verifying" stage, it starts making a knocking noise. It happens about every 5 seconds. I know what you might... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RearMisser, Feb 17, 2023.

  1. RearMisser
    RearMisser Guest

    Xbox one X makes "knocking" noise and update fails.


    Whenever my Xbox updates and gets to the "Verifying" stage, it starts making a knocking noise. It happens about every 5 seconds. I know what you might be thinking, that it's the hard drive, right? Well I replaced the hard drive with a brand new SSD because of this yet it still happens. At first it seemed to work fine, but now even performing an OSU won't bring it back. I'm stuck, any tips?

    :)
     
    RearMisser, Feb 17, 2023
    #1
  2. Rostom L Win User

    Xbox one X makes "knocking" noise and update fails.

    Hi RearMisser!

    Just to confirm, you opened your Xbox console and you replaced the hard drive yourself?
  3. VagueBeast4 Win User

    Fable 2 disc loud?

    I am using a very old version of the game, and an old console - chances are if something is making a lot of noise in these consoles 1 of 3 things is probably happening 1) the fan broke and needs to be replaced by an official x-box repair (or if in warentee
    get another) or 2) The Drive is knocked off track to make the noise, or 3) there is heavy grooves on the CD causing it to skip (probably wouldn't play at all in this case). Even on older PATA - sata drives (similar to what this is) if they get knocked around
    too much they make a lot of noise
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

    I really need a xbox one x owners answer.

    I have an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition, working without problems from the first day, No issue, no noise, no network fails, no hdd fail, I don't know if I'm lucky.
  5. LoveliestWaif4 Win User

    My console is no longer making noise!

    You can get it repaired. But I know one time, the beeping noise the power button makes stopped for me once because I knocked my xbox over by accident. I unplugged the whole thing then plugged it back in and the beeping noise came back. Strange but it worked
    and I never understood it.
  6. GTI0 Win User

    Xbox one S fan noise

    My Xbox one X fan also makes a lot of noise but only when i play HDR games.
Thema:

Xbox one X makes "knocking" noise and update fails.

Loading...
  1. Xbox one X makes "knocking" noise and update fails. - Similar Threads - makes knocking noise

  2. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  3. Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft

    in XboX Insiders
    Make a edition button if you have a Xbox one disc for Minecraft: So basically I’ve just bought Minecraft for the Xbox one and I can’t play the Xbox one edition because it doesn’t have a button to switch editions submitted by /u/Big-Assumption1785 [link]...
  4. All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list

    in XboX Insiders
    All My Games Disc to Digital to help someone make a list: This is all my disc games! I keep all my games looking the best unless i got it from a friend or marketplace :( But I hope this helps anyone who wants to know what works and what doesn't. Enjoy!...
  5. HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black

    in XboX Insiders
    HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black: Since last update my screen goes black then back to normal while playing with HdR along with the sound turning off and on . I been in the alpha skip program since the beginning and this is the...
  6. Make back compat easier to find in the store please.

    in XboX Insiders
    Make back compat easier to find in the store please.: For as great of a program as it is you sure make it not easy to browse for back compat titles. In the store (at least on One X, not sure if they all look the same) you have Games on the sidebar....
  7. The weird inconsistencies across Xbox platforms (and the missing features that make it worse)

    in XboX Insiders
    The weird inconsistencies across Xbox platforms (and the missing features that make it worse): This isn’t meant to be an Xbox hate post — I love the ecosystem — but after bouncing between console, PC, mobile, and the web, the inconsistencies really start to pile up. None of them are huge on...
  8. Xbox 1 issue- Can’t make new account

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 1 issue- Can’t make new account: Trying to make a new account on Xbox 1. I do the QR code and put the code in. It says it’s all done on Xbox but then just does a loading screen and then sends me back to the original place....
  9. Make Game Pass Ultimate A Yearly Subscription If You Want Us To Buy From You!? Easy!

    in XboX Insiders
    Make Game Pass Ultimate A Yearly Subscription If You Want Us To Buy From You!? Easy!: I know they have to keep sending money for us to have free games on Game Pass ultimate. But at the same time $30 a month is too much. If they would have made game pass a yearly subscription I...
  10. Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one console keep flickering and making some sort of knocking noise?: my xbox one keeps making this somewhat knocking noise coming from the console and whenever this knocking noise occurs the xbox turn on button will start flashing constantly this has somewhat...