Xbox one x Kinect have to buy an adapter for it to work. So not right or far

Discus and support Xbox one x Kinect have to buy an adapter for it to work. So not right or far in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox Xbox Canada So I buy an Xbox one day one edition with the Kinect when it came out. Now I buy an Xbox one x pre order that claims that you can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mike2pollie, Oct 18, 2017.

1. mike2pollie
    mike2pollie Guest

Xbox Xbox Canada

So I buy an Xbox one day one edition with the Kinect when it came out. Now I buy an Xbox one x pre order that claims that you can use everything from the original Xbox one.(including the Kinect) To find out I have to spend another $30 to get an adapter to
    make the Kinect work. Such crooks. I can't believe people including myself have supported Xbox with these types of practices. They should continue to have the plug in the back for the Kinect or the adapter should be included with the Xbox one x system for
    the money you spend. For shame. For shame. Please share as this is not right we spend enough of our hard earned money on there stuff let alone them charging us twice to use a product we already baught.

:)

mike2pollie, Oct 18, 2017
  2. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Discontinued Kinect adapter means microsoft lies about compatability

You failed to include this little tidbit from that link -

If you plan to use a Kinect sensor with Xbox One X or Xbox One S, you'll need a Kinect Adapter. For details, see
    How to use an Xbox One Kinect Sensor with Xbox One X or Xbox One S.

Or you can look at this -

Compatible with everything Xbox One

Xbox One X | Xbox

Xbox One accessories work with Xbox One X

The Xbox One accessories you’ve got now (or have got your eye on) work with Xbox One X *2

No hassle. Just play.

*2 - Excludes the Xbox One S stand that works exclusively with the Xbox One S.

Xbox Kinect Adapter (sold separately) required for Kinect on Xbox One S and Xbox One X.

I'm not finding where they lied here regarding the compatibility.

You can voice your feature request here -
    https://xbox.uservoice.com

HAZMAT RADIO, Oct 18, 2017
  3. Xbox one s console

i wanted to buy x box one console and x box i got x box one s console and with this i bought kinect sensor but to my shock i was not able to setup kinect sensor with x box one s because i was not having an adapter .....i paid so much money already for console
    controller kinect now im asked to buy an adapter ....pls microsoft i want an adapter for free i bought whole x box one s from yanbu saudi arabia (jarir book store) pls help me get an adapter for free !!

RoutineTea29330, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Xbox one x Kinect have to buy an adapter for it to work. So not right or far

Kinect, in my opinion, has been effectively "downgraded" to be an optional feature in the Xbox One because

there's been barely any game developers are making use of it
    , especially since Microsoft stopped bundling Kinect sensors with consoles in 2014.

They nixed the Kinect port in 2016 with the release of the Xbox One S, and I'm pretty sure they didn't include the Kinect port again with the Xbox One X due to the above reasons... and to likely shave off production costs to this already expensive console.
    We've had full view of the Xbox One X and its ports ever since it was publicly revealed, so it's not really much of a surprise by now.

When the Xbox One S was released, people upgrading to that console had the opportunity to get a Kinect adapter for free, but this promotion ended in March 2017. The head of marketing for Xbox

had unfortunately stated
    that they aren't doing the promotion again for the release of the Xbox One X.

If there is any chance of swaying Microsoft's decision on this, you can try submitting your feedback (or vote on existing threads) over here:
    Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

Internet Expert, Oct 19, 2017
  5. I spoke to a rep tonight. They said their will not be any promotions. And if people don't at least call them and mark a complaint nothing will be done. Here is there false advertisments

It is an actual ad.

Xbox one x Kinect have to buy an adapter for it to work. So not right or far [​IMG]

michaelhinchey, Nov 7, 2017
  6. bigstomps24
    bigstomps24 Guest
    I remember that ad they ran too, the one with all accessories will work with no adapters. Seems like false advertising. And now an additional $40 just to get back to where I was with the original xbox one seems like a real rip off. Why did Xbox One S customers
    get a free one and we don't? Come on MS.

bigstomps24, Nov 9, 2017
  7. TheNuzz x2
    TheNuzz x2 Guest
    I just called and made a complaint and they didn't care. They said thanks for being a loyal customer But you have to buy the adapter to use the product you already own. They claim all Xbox one accessories will work. Yeah they will work if you buy the adapter.
    Kinda wish I didn' buy this crap. Probably gonna switch to PlayStation since Microsoft obviously doesn't care about their long time members. Since the original Xbox. Had my live account active for over 12 years. They should have included the adapter to all
    the ones preordered or at least the project scorpio editions. This is B.S. Terrible marketing and customer service.

TheNuzz x2, Nov 1, 2018
  8. bigstomps24 Win User

I remember that ad they ran too, the one with all accessories will work with no adapters. Seems like false advertising. And now an additional $40 just to get back to where I was with the original xbox one seems like a real rip off. Why did Xbox One S customers
    get a free one and we don't? Come on MS.
  9. michaelhinchey Win User

I spoke to a rep tonight. They said their will not be any promotions. And if people don't at least call them and mark a complaint nothing will be done. Here is there false advertisments

It is an actual ad.

[​IMG]
  10. Internet Expert Win User

Kinect, in my opinion, has been effectively "downgraded" to be an optional feature in the Xbox One because

there's been barely any game developers are making use of it
    , especially since Microsoft stopped bundling Kinect sensors with consoles in 2014.

They nixed the Kinect port in 2016 with the release of the Xbox One S, and I'm pretty sure they didn't include the Kinect port again with the Xbox One X due to the above reasons... and to likely shave off production costs to this already expensive console.
    We've had full view of the Xbox One X and its ports ever since it was publicly revealed, so it's not really much of a surprise by now.

When the Xbox One S was released, people upgrading to that console had the opportunity to get a Kinect adapter for free, but this promotion ended in March 2017. The head of marketing for Xbox

had unfortunately stated
    that they aren't doing the promotion again for the release of the Xbox One X.

If there is any chance of swaying Microsoft's decision on this, you can try submitting your feedback (or vote on existing threads) over here:
    http://xbox.uservoice.com
  11. TheNuzz x2 Win User

I just called and made a complaint and they didn't care. They said thanks for being a loyal customer But you have to buy the adapter to use the product you already own. They claim all Xbox one accessories will work. Yeah they will work if you buy the adapter.
    Kinda wish I didn' buy this crap. Probably gonna switch to PlayStation since Microsoft obviously doesn't care about their long time members. Since the original Xbox. Had my live account active for over 12 years. They should have included the adapter to all
    the ones preordered or at least the project scorpio editions. This is B.S. Terrible marketing and customer service.
  12. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Kinect Support for XBox One X

The Kinect will work on the Xbox One X. It just needs the adapter. Assuming it's the right adapter, then it should work fine with Kinect games and voice commands.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/accessories/kinect-adapter

The Kinect is definitely not built into the Xbox One S or X. That saleman was misinformed.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x Kinect have to buy an adapter for it to work. So not right or far - Similar Threads - Kinect buy adapter

2. Can I still buy Kinect for Xbox one to use just dance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still buy Kinect for Xbox one to use just dance?: As the title. i have nothing but issues using the app on my phone, plus id prefer not to have to hold my phone. so can i still buy kinect for xbox one for this game? its the new discless one...
  3. I cannot buy Kinect Sports Rivals DLCs ever again due to an error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot buy Kinect Sports Rivals DLCs ever again due to an error.: [img] Based on the outcome, I cannot buy DLCs for Kinect Sports Rivals anymore. Everytime I try to accept the purchase, the Microsoft Store is intentionally refusing to take it because it knows I...
  4. 360 kinect games where to buy them now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 kinect games where to buy them now?: Hi and thanks to everyone who got back to my last topic. Since I can't get games on the digital store where can I get them now? I asked MS where to post to bring back the kinect but, it sent me to...
  5. I want to buy digital kinect games on the 360. How can I get MS to put demos up for full...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy digital kinect games on the 360. How can I get MS to put demos up for full...: Hi to everyone who reads this. I live in Canada and am curious as to how I may get MS to put up full games from their demos for the kinect on the 360? I can only play demos of Marvel avengers...
  6. kinect was the only reason for me to buy an xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    kinect was the only reason for me to buy an xbox: I had kinect on my xbox 360 and I liked it a lot. The kids used it for just dance and Kung-Fu High Impact. I used it to get in shape with Nike + Kinect Training (and your shape fitness evolved)...
  7. Microsoft buying back my Kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft buying back my Kinect?: As my Kinect is useless without adapter on a brand new Xbox One X I'm expecting Microsoft will buy back my Kinect tbh. Could support contact me about the details to arrange this?...
  8. Where to buy a kinect adapter for xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to buy a kinect adapter for xbox one s?: I recently bought an xbox one S and Kinect, knowing that I need an adapter. But unfortunately the adapter is sold out everywhere. Any idea if the adapter comes available again in the very near...
  9. Where to buy a kinect adapter for Europe (Germany)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to buy a kinect adapter for Europe (Germany): Hi, in the last few days I checked all (almost ^^) available online shops in europe which used to sell the kinect adapter. I am still using my kinect and due to the fact that I ordered the One X...
  10. Kinect 2.0 for Xbox One S cables chewed up - do I have to buy a new Kinect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect 2.0 for Xbox One S cables chewed up - do I have to buy a new Kinect?: Hey, I recently bought a Kinect for my Xbox One S. Had to also buy the additional adapter - yay. Anyway, I had this brilliant idea to let our rabbits play around in the living room without cable...