Xbox One X keeps turning off optical audio after update

Discus and support Xbox One X keeps turning off optical audio after update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the update the other day my Xbox one X now keeps turning off optical audio output. This is super annoying. Not only does it turn it off, but it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by themadmirror, Nov 6, 2021.

1. themadmirror
    themadmirror Guest

After the update the other day my Xbox one X now keeps turning off optical audio output. This is super annoying. Not only does it turn it off, but it wont let me turn it back on. It keeps resetting to off and my soundbar will not receive audio. The only way to currently get it working again is to reset the Xbox and then it will work for a little while before it begins switching off Optical audio again.

Can you please fix this?

or at lease provide a working solution to this problem.

Thanks.

:)

themadmirror, Nov 6, 2021
  2. Kevin1138 Win User

This didn’t work, the problem is still there. Every time you back out of audio, settings or if you restart the Xbox the optical out automatically turns off.
  3. ImAice Win User

Hi! My name is Pam. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

This time, I'll be providing you a step to restore your console to its factory defaults to remove all potentially corrupted files that can interrupt you from using the console’s full potential. Nothing to worry as everything will stay intact, you just need to sign in using your account. No games or apps will be deleted. Make sure you know your emails and password, okay?

Once done, Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings > System > Console info > reset then keep my games and apps.
  4. Blanco7 Win User

No Sound from Live TV, EVERYTHING else sounds flawless.

Update...

Tried going to Xbox One Settings, Audio/Display Settings, turned off HDMI Audio and left Optical On Stereo, still didn't resolve the issue. Please help...
  5. gregkeppeler Win User

Xbox Series X - I can no longer turn off hdmi audio since installing the september update

I have almost the same problem except the error message says

“if you’re using Xbox series X/S, note that HDMI audio can’t be turned off. In other consoles, either optical or HDMI audio must be on. (0x80bd0009)

Why can’t I turn off hdmi audio on Xbox series x it makes no sense?
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

SPDIF Optical Audio Cord not working.

Hi, on your Xbox go to settings/ all settings/ display & sound/ audio output and check that optical audio isn't set to off.

If you intend to use that optical audio cable you can if you wish turn off HDMI audio.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X keeps turning off optical audio after update - Similar Threads - keeps turning off

2. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  3. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  4. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  5. My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute: Hello, I've been experiencing problems with my Xbox and wanted some advice. Every-time I turn it on, it does the chime like usual but then doesn't display any signal and after about 1 minute....
  6. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  7. Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote: My bf and I both have Xbox’s in the same room, mine is connected to a Samsung tv and his to a monitor on his desk. Our problem is sometimes he will be playing and I will press the power button on...
  8. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...
  9. Xbox keeps turning off and on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps turning off and on: I financed my xbox and after moving and not being able to play it for awhile I recently was able to come back to playing it. It worked fine for a few days now it keeps turning off and on. It will...
  10. Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on: I've tried turning my xbox on but it just turns off after does this mean the xbox is broken? 0d53436b-7659-4e05-8b51-df3af99090cd