Xbox One X keeps turning itself off almost instantly?

Discus and support Xbox One X keeps turning itself off almost instantly? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I hope this is allowed - delete it it’s not. My buddy bought an Xbox One X and it only worked for like a day or so. He said he turned it on while the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Conway2709, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Xbox One X keeps turning itself off almost instantly?

I hope this is allowed - delete it it’s not.

My buddy bought an Xbox One X and it only worked for like a day or so.

He said he turned it on while the dust cover was on it and then immediately removed the dust cover. Ever since then it just shuts itself off immediately after turning it on.

He’s tried holding the power button, unplugging it from the wall, etc.

He’s a little upset because he just got it and he doesn’t know what else to try to get it to work or if anyone else has experienced this?

submitted by /u/Conway2709
    [link] [comments]

/u/Conway2709, Jul 4, 2021
  2. dempup Win User

Xbox one X turns off almost instantly after turning on

Hi Archie.

Most likely a faulty PSU. What model of Xbox are you having issues with ? Does it have internal or external Power Supply ?

3. Archie Turner Win User

Xbox one X turns off almost instantly after turning on

On the back of the xbox it says model 1787 and I’m pretty sure it has an internal power supply.
  4. BakyOsijekHr Win User

My Xbox One X instantly turns itself off

Before repair, please try this. It is not hard. You can try it:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

2. Wait 30 seconds, then plug the power cord back in.

3. Press and hold the BIND (controller sync button located on the left side of the console or bottom right if a one S or one X) and the EJECT button and then just press the Xbox button on the console once.

4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.

5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.

6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

7. To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, use the D-pad and A button on your controller to select Reset this Xbox.

9. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
  5. PaulThompson80 Win User

Hey !

Click on the link below:

Troubleshoot Xbox One unexpectedly turning off

Try out those solutions and let us know if they help!

Felix

Xbox forums support
    Hi the issue only started yesterday, it turns itself as soon as the light comes on. Its not overheating (i unplugged it overnight and its the same today). Thanks for the link but i fear it needs to be repaired :(
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Thema:

Xbox One X keeps turning itself off almost instantly?

1. Xbox One X keeps turning itself off almost instantly? - Similar Threads - keeps turning itself

2. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  6. If I was never asked for warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at Xbox logo when I turn...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I was never asked for warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at Xbox logo when I turn...: What if I never got warranty and my Xbox keeps getting stuck at logo when I turn it on what does that mean exactly and then sometimes I have disc in it says their no disc...
  7. Xbox series x keeps turning itself off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x keeps turning itself off: Ever since I got it, right out of the box, I had trouble turning it on. It will make the little start up noise and the light will come on but it won’t actually start up. Then, anywhere between...
  8. Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why my xbox game bar keeps turning itself off?: I will go into my settings and turn it on, then when i come out of my settings and go back in; the game bar has turned itself off? fe33ff60-1ebf-4d03-ae60-bb9afb6f4b2d
  9. Xbox Series X Keeps Turning Itself On and Off

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Keeps Turning Itself On and Off: Hey all! I’ve had my series x for about 15 months now and it’s been great up until last week or so. All of a sudden it started to shut itself off and turn itself back on again after only a few...
  10. Alpha Skip Ahead - Console Keeps Turning off by itself

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead - Console Keeps Turning off by itself: I've used the Report A Problem, just seeing if anyone else has this experience. My xbox will turn off by itself, regardless of whether I'm playing a game or an app. Sometimes it won't turn off for...