Xbox One X just shuts off

Discus and support Xbox One X just shuts off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello! Yesterday while playing COD modern warfare, my Xbox One X just shut off on its own. Originally I thought it might be an overheating issue, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Unicron DofW, May 30, 2020.

  1. Unicron DofW
    Unicron DofW Guest

    Xbox One X just shuts off


    hello!

    Yesterday while playing COD modern warfare, my Xbox One X just shut off on its own. Originally I thought it might be an overheating issue, but I never got the prompt saying that is why my console just shut off, and I keep it clean and in an area where it
    can ventilate properly. I have to unplug the power from the back of my Xbox and plug it back in for it to turn back on leading me to think its a power issue. I have it plugged into a working wall outlet as well as I have tried resetting the internal power
    supply and has not worked. I also tried to play different online games, Modern Warfare (digital), Halo 5 (Digital), and Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Disc) all make my console shut off, but only after the game loads and I am in the menu, but shuts off if I try
    to find an online game. The strangest part of this is GTA V (Disc) works just fine, I played for about 30 minutes online and had no issues. Apps also work, I can watch Netflix or YouTube.

    Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with their Xbox One X? Any advice or feedback is appreciated!

    Thanks!

    :)
     
    Unicron DofW, May 30, 2020
    #1
  2. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

    Xbox One X just shuts off

  3. hchavok19 Win User

    Xbox One X just shuts off

    Same issue. Happens to me in Destiny 2 on my Xbox One X. I may try a factory reset. I dont think their solutions are the issue as this is a new problem, possibly since the last console update.
  4. Guga Cage Win User

    Xbox One X just shuts off

    It may be something related to the source of the Xbox, in this case I suggest requesting repair at support.microsoft.com/devices
  5. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

    Xbox One X Fan Noise

    The Xbox One X will shut off should there be overheating, yes.
  6. Peek4chu Win User

    Xbox shuts off in Fortnite

    My xbox one x shuts off every time i land at the grotto and go into the wind tunnel but it does not say it over heated it says “this xbox is made to shut off after a little while” but the first time i experienced this issue was at a different time i was
    playing my third hour i landed at the grotto then my console just shut off and it was 5:55 then the next day i land at the grotto agian at 3:30 it just shut off and this was my first hour
Thema:

Xbox One X just shuts off

Loading...
  1. Xbox One X just shuts off - Similar Threads - shuts off

  2. My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps turning back on after I have shut if off. Alpha ring latest update.: Long story short, as of last night, my Xbox keeps turning itself back on after I have shut it off. After disconnecting my keyboard from the Xbox, removing my batteries from my Xbox remote, and...
  3. game bar shuts itself off

    in XBoX on Windows
    game bar shuts itself off: game bar shuts itself off, every time i leave the page it turns off. microsoft wont let me talk to a real person and sent me here. 6b451943-a4fd-4d86-9bd2-1da00dca199b
  4. my new laptop randomly shut off

    in XBoX on Consoles
    my new laptop randomly shut off: Hi i just bought a Asus Tuf Gaming A15 with extended 32gb of ram i have it like 4 days and it keeps randomly turning off i updated the graphic card drivers and all the drivers on the pc i also did...
  5. xbox shutting off

    in XBoX on Windows
    xbox shutting off: My xbox keeps shutting off due to poor ventilation what can I do I'm really upset 6f1e8716-b733-41d5-98b1-5d81aeb73de4
  6. Xbox Shuts Off Automatically, It’s Really Annoying

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Shuts Off Automatically, It’s Really Annoying: Why is it when I play something like WWE2K25, it lets me play a little then it overheats and shuts down right away. But, when I play anyother game, it doesn’t do that? ‍♂️...
  7. xbox one wont startup. it flashes once then shuts off. I have tried unpugging console etc...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one wont startup. it flashes once then shuts off. I have tried unpugging console etc...: my xbox one flashes once on start up then shuts down, i have tried unplugging and no joy 43db53ac-cff6-4dab-8bb5-b90a765c6533
  8. Technical Issue, My monitor nowdays sometimes shuts off especially when i am gaming

    in XBoX on Windows
    Technical Issue, My monitor nowdays sometimes shuts off especially when i am gaming: i always connect my laptop to monitor and when i am gaming, i have to use a external fan because the pc will get hot. When im gaming like yesterday, the monitor shuts off like black screen, at...
  9. Xbox controllers need a setting for the battery shut off

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox controllers need a setting for the battery shut off: For some reason xbox controllers time out way to fast is there a way u guys can make a setting for controllers so we can set the timeout time for the batteries? submitted by /u/infinit3mber...
  10. Xbox shuts off as I’m playing a game

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox shuts off as I’m playing a game: Hi guys recently I’ve had this problem that has seem To been getting worse recently on my Xbox series x, whenever I try playing games like rainbow six siege, Fortnite, valorant or marvel rivals...