Xbox one x issues, intermittent black screen

Discus and support Xbox one x issues, intermittent black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when I try to use apps or play games on my new Xbox, the screen will go black. This happens on and off and is constant. I just downloaded the blu Ray... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kay_2014, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Kay_2014
    Kay_2014 Guest

when I try to use apps or play games on my new Xbox, the screen will go black. This happens on and off and is constant. I just downloaded the blu Ray player and it is worse. I will be watching a movie and the screen goes black (on and off) constantly and
    it has now started to stay a black screen but play sound. Someone please help me, this is so frustrating.

:)

Kay_2014, Jun 7, 2020
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

The same thing happened with my Project Scorpio edition Xbox One X. Initially the screen would flip to a black screen then back to normal again, then the periods the screen stayed black got longer and more frequent, then one day the screen went black and
    stayed that way. I could still hear system/game sounds, but there was no image.

I tried different HDMI cables, a different HDMI socket on the TV, a different TV, and booting the console in low resolution mode, but it made no difference. I ended up getting a refund from the retailer as they'd long since sold out of Scorpio editions and
    MS couldn't guarantee I'd get one back if I sent mine in.

So, yeah, unfortunately it's potentially a hardware issue. If you can get it swapped out by the retailer, do so, otherwise if it's under warranty with MS you'd have to contact them.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Are you using an hdmi 2 cable oits important to do so

Also not all cables are good

If you are using a hdmi spliter or using a receivrr then dont

The best configuration js all highwidth devices like 4k xbox one x should be direct to tv in the 4,k slot please check your manual

And optical out to receiver

This ensures less latemcy

Also dont forget to configure your tv using the tv wizard on the xbox
  4. mr olr Win User

This could be related to VRF or Freesync on your Monitor/TV. Turn off and see if that helps.

This could be a HDMI issue - either the cable or the xbox GPU giving up the ghost
  5. squirrelmasta17 Win User

I agree with the previous posts its probably a HDMI or hardware issue but if the HDMI change isnt working for all issues i usually recommend unplugging the xbox for 5-10 minutes to clear the cache and make sure there isnt any corrupt data causing weird
    glitches
  6. SweetTRIX Win User

Intermittent black screen, Xbox One X

I appreciate the response. I was wondering if this may be the case, but why would the app cause issues with the consoles display settings? After attempting to launch the app the tv display reads 720, then the screen just goes completely black and doesn't
    rectify after exiting the app using the home button in the guide (still have audio, can hear the tones).

I'll follow-up with Netflix if need be, but I want to be sure its actually their problem first.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x issues, intermittent black screen - Similar Threads - issues intermittent black

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. Controller and connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller and connection issues: My first issue i was having was trying to do remote play on my mobile device. I connected via bluetooth my wireless controller to my phone and started remote play.. Only the A and B and the xbox...
  4. Controller sync issues on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller sync issues on Series X: Have a two yo series x that abruptly lost sync with my controller. Controller uses third party rechargeable battery packs. Both packs are charged and upon trying to reconnect them to the console,...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  7. 360 live issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 live issue: i’m using the Xbox one I’m trying to play an Xbox 360 game Domino’s when I try to login. It’s telling me to check my Internet. I’m logged into the Internet on my Xbox one profile having this...
  8. I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have been experiencing intermittent issues trying to record games on my Xbox Series X....: This is a drive I’ve used with my Xbox for months and never had an issue. The external drive is formatted properly (NTFS) and should be in full compliance for use with Xbox. When I begin...
  9. Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Diagnosing intermittent flicker (Series X, not VRR issue): Hello, I'm posting in hopes of diagnosing the cause of an issue I've been having while gaming. Hopefully this doesn't come across as long winded, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible in...
  10. Intermittent connectivity issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent connectivity issues: I'm having connectivity issues with my Xbox Series X. Over the past month or so I have been experiencing intermittent lag that is bad enough to get me disconnected from multi-player games. It's...