Xbox One X "Instant-on" power mode still shutdown the console

Discus and support Xbox One X "Instant-on" power mode still shutdown the console in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Recently, a few insiders upgrade recently, my console, while in resting on Instant-on mode, is always doing full shutdown itself. Precondition: The... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/chris92vn, Jul 15, 2021.

1. /u/chris92vn
    /u/chris92vn Guest

Recently, a few insiders upgrade recently, my console, while in resting on Instant-on mode, is always doing full shutdown itself.

Precondition:

• The Console power options is set to Instant on.

• Any idle options which led to shutdown is turn off, including turn off storage options.

• Validate the "Console settings" from remote features test is green-sticked with Power: instant-on. Remote play enabled is better

• May validate on Xbox app(mobile) that the console is "Stand by" and remote play is functional.

Details:

• Normally turn off the console via power button or via controller. The HDMI signal is still available for TV and switch box(TV should still see the port is plugged-in, switch box should highlight the used port)

• After a few hours(or just a few minutes) while in Stand by, the console will full shutdown.

• The signal to the TV or HDMI switch box is now gone ( normally, the TV/switch box should recognize the HDMI signal despite no input, the HDMI now is gone, TV said no connection to the port/switch box no longer detects the signal to highlight used port)

• Remote play stops functioning, while the console status in Xbox app may show standby or not.

Impacts:

• Remote play is no longer functional.

• The TV may detect the lost signal from the last used and may: turn off the TV while using(if bugged firmware), detect the signal from other port and ask to switching.

• Switch box may change the connection to the other port in-used and turn on the TV/Monitor. E.g in my case, the switch box is connected to a PC monitor, while having the console, camera hub(may enter rest mode to save energy while camera functions still work), Android tv box, and a mini server plugged into, one the console signal is lost, the switch will change to the next port in-used and turn on the monitor via CEC signal, which is the camera hub while resting, meaning the TV turn on with no display, if the hub is completely shutdown, next is the Android box, if again Android box is completely power off, the server will now use the monitor. All of this will make the whole setup look like haunted.

The current workaround is to turn off the console after switching signal to other device which the monitor will go into sleep mode properly. However, remote play is still not functional. Turning on the console will require additional step of switching hdmi signal which the console is primary signal.

submitted by /u/chris92vn
    [link] [comments]

/u/chris92vn, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Kenny H. Win User

Xbox One starts clicking during call of duty then completely freezes after Match is over

Try going to Settings, Power, Restart Xbox. This will perform a full shutdown, instead of the hibernation state that a normal power down in Instant On mode will cause. If you aren't in Instant On mode, or if that doesn't work, in Power, go to Turn Xbox off,
    and then unplug the power cord from back of the console for 5 minutes. If it still doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall the game.

Please let everyone know if this works.
  3. drthomys Win User

Xbox One S making weird noises when it's shut off

It is definitely in Power Savings mode and not Instant-On. The noise continues after the Full Shutdown.

I'm as certain as can be that the noise is coming from the console itself and not the power source.
  4. Malacath Win User

My Xbox Problems

Do you use instant on mode or energy saving mode?

Instant on mode is like standby mode on your pc. If the console glitches and you switch the console off the glitch remains because your console is in standby.

So if you are using instant on then try a full shutdown by holding to power button until console fully shuts down and powerbrick light turns orange.

Once powerbrick light is orange disconnect the power for a couple of minutes before switching back on.
  5. shahroozra Win User

Xbox One error codes 0x87dd001e and 0x803f900a, can't play offline

this is microsoft new Strategy .

after last console update can not play game pass games in offline mode Particular after console restart or shutdown.

after console restart or shutdown we should ones connect to internet , open all game pass game At least once And then make console offline and set power setting to instant-on mode until console wont go in full shutdown mode.

If the power goes out .you need reconnect to internet after boot and repeat above Instructions.

sorry for my bad english.

this microsoft strategy is so ................
  6. XBF Javier R Win User

Instant-On not working

Hello Bodoms,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with two items here when discussing your Xbox One X console.

Firstly, the controller is unable to turn the console on:

1. Hold the power on the front of the console for 7 seconds
    2. After the console shuts completely off, unplug the power cord from the back of the console
    3. Leave the console off and unplugged for 2 minutes

Secondly, the console's Instant-On mode does not function as it should. You've mentioned that it will display the Xbox One X graphic at the beginning when the console is first turned on, when it should jump to the home screen.

1. Switch the power-mode from instant-on to energy saving
    2. Power cycle the console by using the same steps above
    3. Switch the power-mode settings back to instant-on
    4. Test instant-on mode

Try this for us and let us know the results.

Best wishes!
Thema:

1. Xbox One X "Instant-on" power mode still shutdown the console - Similar Threads - Instant power mode

2. Series x powers off instantly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x powers off instantly.: When I go to turn on my Xbox, the chime will sound, and the light comes on and then it instantly goes back off. I’ve unhooked it from the power I’ve tried different power outlets. It’s the...
  3. Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant on mode and pulling the power cable to clear cache?: Hi! Just got a new Series S. I didnt knew it was on instant on mode on the power settings. What i did was pushing the Xbox button then shut off the console. I made sure that i could not hear...
  4. Xbox Series X - Updates and Game Downloads Pause While in Instant On Power Mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Updates and Game Downloads Pause While in Instant On Power Mode: Hi, I have noticed that unlike my Xbox One X, while the Series X is in Instant On, if there are updates or downloads happening, these will stop when I turn off the console. I tried to tell it to...
  5. Console incorrectly set to instant-on power mode

in XboX Insiders
    Console incorrectly set to instant-on power mode: On the current Alpha Skip Ahead build. Noticed my console has somehow found itself set to instant-on despite the fact that I’ve never once changed it from energy saving mode. Have power-cycled it...
  6. Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown

in XBoX on Consoles
    Instant on mode does not work. Both power settings do a full shutdown: I have an Xbox One X I bought this year and have noticed that no matter which power setting (Instant on or Energy Savings) I have my Xbox on it always does a full boot(I see the 4k chip screen and...
  7. One S will not stay in Instant On power mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    One S will not stay in Instant On power mode: No matter what I do, in the settings for power, when I shut down my 1 TB Xbox One S in "instant On' Mode, it powers down completely if I don't come back to it in a few minutes. I have left that...
  8. Notifications not working after booting up on Instant-On power mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Notifications not working after booting up on Instant-On power mode: When I start my console up from Instant-On power mode, notifications arrive 10 minutes late or don't arrive at all. This includes messages, party invites and game invites. This is really annoying...
  9. Network adaptor not working when "instant-on" power mode enabled upon boot.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network adaptor not working when "instant-on" power mode enabled upon boot.: Xbox wifi will not see any ssid nor connect to the wifi upon instant on boot. Will not work again until fully restarted. Problem goes away when I enable power save mode. Anyone else have this...
  10. Dashboard blank when using energy-saving power mode and instant sign-in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dashboard blank when using energy-saving power mode and instant sign-in: I just received my Xbox One and it immediately installed a huge update. Now it is OS version 10.0.10586.1024 (th2_xbox_rel_1510.151203-1909). I noticed that if I use the energy-saving power mode...