XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input

Discus and support XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i purchased an HDMI switch and plugged it into the input of the XB One X, and it says no video found. Trying to have a Apple TV, Verizon FIOS,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MyDadsTheDoctor, Jan 18, 2019.

1. XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input

So i purchased an HDMI switch and plugged it into the
    input of the XB One X, and it says no video found. Trying to have a Apple TV, Verizon FIOS, Steam Box, and PS3 all use the XBOX input and switch between.

I know its not the switch because i plug it directly into my projector and it display's video just fine from any of the inputs.

Any setting in the XBOX One X that would prevent the video/audio from the switch from displaying? Or did Microsoft configure the X to not accept splitters somehow?

:)

MyDadsTheDoctor, Jan 18, 2019
  2. LoSeg Win User

I was using a 4x splitter with the "out" HDMI to a 5040UB Epson Projector. I plugged the xbox into one of the 4 input hdmi spots on the splitter. My laptop was put into another and a TV Box into another. It did not work. The screen frequently blanked
    out and during any video activity from any of the input devices did the same. I changed all the HDMI cables to the best 4x I could buy and this still didn't help.

However, when I connected the splitter to the Xbox one x (one of two HDMI connections) and the Xbox one directly to the projector everything worked perfectly. I could switch between any of the inputs to the splitter. Of course when I wanted to use the
    xbox one x for all the xbox stuff I simply went to the xbox home screen and away things worked with no issues.
  3. WonDown Win User

Question about hdmi splitter and connecting through the cable box

You are actually using a HDMI switch, which is different from a splitter. You need a 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter. You will connect the HDMI from you cable/sat box to the splitter, then 1 HDMI from the splitter directly to your TV to watch like normal. Then
    the other HDMI from the splitter to your Xbox one HDMI input, and another HDMI from Xbox one output to the TV. Check out the video like I posted for more info.

Watch "Xbox One Cable Box HDMI Splitter" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1G3-yw-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  4. Tech117ad Win User

Rereading your issue - I have a feeling it does not have support for splitting the input into the xbox one x. I am not sure the input sees the different devices as a viable signal- it almost seems as it needs a current-stable signal to works having multiple
    devices on at one time may cause the conflict.

Spec sheet:

https://news.xbox.com/wp-content/uploads/Xbox_One_Spec_Sheet.pdf

There is a forum post on reddit that have input questions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7az2t3/does_hdmi_in_on_xbox_one_x_allow_for_4k_hdr/

I hope this will help - but I think this is outside of the use of the Input, I have found a ton of one device connection videos - but not one of a switch box into the input.

I recommend this to the xbox think tank -

https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/

I will keep trying to help out.
  5. ngocphi Win User

You gotta remember to.turn off now using devices

Remember a spliter is not meant to send more.then one signal at once

Then more you cram into a single.pipe the more you are spliting the same limited bandwidth

Also you must have a hdmi 2 cable snd gold plated

Not all cables are created equal neither are spliters

Fyi here is a review from the link you provided

"I let it sit for a while before testing because I didn't want to take the time to rewire everything, re-setup my harmony universal remote, IFTT actions and so on.. but last evening I had a spurt of productive
    attitude so I took about an hour re-routing cables and re-organizing my TV stand to allow this switch to fit. Upon plugging everything in (Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PS4 Pro, Nvidia Shield TV) I noticed one of the inputs was on the front of the box, "weird
    configuration," I thought to myself, but continued on. So I proceeded to test everything. Nintendo, works. Nvidia, works. Xbox one, works.. let me see if HDR is enabled. Hm, that's odd HDR in the game isn't enabling, let me try the PS4.. No luck. No video,
    no sounds, got a flicker when turning on the console but then nothing. Tried rebooting everything, same result. Plugged PS4 direct to TV works fine. Tried some tips I found on forums (disable HDCP, YUV only, RGB only) no good. Changed output settings to 1080P,
    works fine. Sound, video, just fine. I say all that to say that the box says it supports 4K UHD/HDR, but my results say otherwise"

Spliters are pretty new and iffy because yoi are trying to add a lot of high bandwidth devices crammed into one very very small and limited connection ontop of that feeding it into the xbox to proccess
    and render

This assumes you have all gold plated and hdmi2.0 cables

For 4k this includes the cable from your xbox to your projector

The cable from.the xbox to the spliter

And the devices to the spliter are all hdmi2.0 and gold plated

(Yes the connector plating is important due to resistance of theterminator)

unless you got the latest apple tv 4k box the earlier gens didnt have it

None of your connecting devices will display in 4k

Except for fios and only on the 4 verizon 4k channels you would.have to.switch to the 4k channel Iaccordingnto verizons website) then turn on hdr on the xbox but generally you cant use 4k on the normal
    channels

It is normally assumed you are doing a direct connection in which case the host device detects what type.of signal you are using

Xbox one x will.detect but because you are mixing in non 4k devices you are going to have hit or miss

Since you have devices like apple tv or.steam link that dont support 4k hdr

If you tell the xbox or your tv its a 4k signal when its not you will get a blank screen

steam only supports 4k.on an actual pc via.the steam client not.a tv

The ps3 will only use 1080p

This is all posted on the respected forum websites for each respected forums

Ps3 is a given a non 4k and even if yoi have the ps4 pro well lets just say hdr with ps4 pro is aa hit or miss with non sony tvs wanna know how I know? Because I got a ps4 pro and sat for 1 week going thru sonys settings and my samsung settings and even
    droped upscaling it still.wont do.4k

If you had a decent quality tv like lg or samsung they upscale non hdr signals to 4k
  6. Zero Jehuty Win User

Your 60hz issue might also be the same issue OP has. Depending where he lives and the TV he owns it could be freaking out the Switcher. Nice catch.
Thema:

1. XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input - Similar Threads - HDMI Splitter Input

2. Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox?: I have a new OLED 4K TV with a new Denon 4K receiver. Suffice it to say, the video displayed from the Xbox looks fantastic when it's connected directly to the TV. I mean B-E-A-utiful. Now I'm...
  3. HDMI splitter at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI splitter at 120hz: I need to buy a HDMI splitter @ 120hz for my Xbox Series X. So I can duplicate the picture on my TV and monitor at the same time. I searched for many on Amazon. Which is best for Xbox series X...
  4. Trouble with Xbox, PC, HDMI Splitter and Capture Card - Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with Xbox, PC, HDMI Splitter and Capture Card - Help!: Hi, I am trying to help my son with his streaming set up, but I have hit a roadblock. I did a little research and bought an HDMI splitter and a capture card. I have the splitter plugged into...
  5. Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter

in XboX Insiders
    Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter: I have this problem, I have an xbox x series and an HDMI 2.0 monitor that gives me 1080P 120HZ with Freesync activated. I bought an HDMI 2.O Splitter to have zero latency by doubling the signal to...
  6. Hdmi to optical splitter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi to optical splitter: i used the optical output to my av reciever and hdmi straight to my tv for my xbox one x my reciever was not hdmi 2.0 ready. Do you know of a good 4k 60 hz splitter (my tv is not 120 hz capable)...
  7. Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI: Hi, I have this configuration: Xbox one X Monitor 4K with HDR 10 Splitter HDMI that support 4K and HDR10 HDMI Capture Card (connected with Usb at my Pc) The problem is if i want to use...
  8. Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console.: I bought this 4k 60hz capable HDMI splitter in order to allow my Xbox One X to effectively have two HDMI out ports. One goes to my 1440p monitor and the other goes to my 1080p TV. The splitter...
  9. Can I use an HDMI Splitter, 1 in 2 out, with my Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use an HDMI Splitter, 1 in 2 out, with my Xbox One X?: I used an HDMI Splitter with my Xbox One X for about 1 month and then my Xbox would not turn on anymore. I had to get a replacement Xbox One X. I bought a different brand of Splitter and am...
  10. Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Compatibale HDMI splitter or PC monitor: Can somebody please help me regarding Dolby Digital sound output from the Xbox one and HDMI splitters. I recently purchased a HDMI splitter 1-4, to connect the Xbox to my PC monitor as well as my...