Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...?

Discus and support Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a used Xbox One X from a good friend. It had hardly been used and was stored in its original box most of its life. I set it up and got it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by killernoises, Oct 28, 2019.

1. killernoises
    killernoises Guest

I bought a used Xbox One X from a good friend. It had hardly been used and was stored in its original box most of its life. I set it up and got it going with no issues. About a week later it started stuttering really bad and Apex would crash every now and
    again. After a while it started getting worse and worse until it wouldn't load anything and the main home page would start crashing as well. Maybe 3 weeks in and the Xbox basically bricked itself. E102 E103 E105 errors. Couldn't factory reset it, couldn't
    do anything it just looped me in those errors. Put update/reset files on a USB and tried that way it wouldn't accept it and kept looping me through the errors. Turns out the HDD had failed.. Okay... I bought a new one that was faster and better and installed
    Xbox on it via my PC. it worked great for 2 days no issues.. in the middle of a game it just randomly bricked itself again. Started the loop over again. I gave up and got a regular Xbox One, no issues with it. Was bored last week decided to see if i can get
    it to boot up again. took the hard drive out of the One X and wiped it clean and started over. after installing Xbox on it again and getting it back together I booted it up and it worked great. Worked amazing for a week zero issues. I was in the middle of
    a game of Apex Legends last night and it bricked itself again and started that loop over. My question is

1)[mod removed]??

2) is something else causing it to brick itself? I know if i do all the work to reinstall Xbox it will work again but for how long?

3) If its an update causing the crash why does it work for a week and why TF would Microsoft not fix this immediately?

Anyone with any insight, please help me out..

No holding the power button to cycle it off and on wont do anything. Using a USB to try to force an update or reinstall Xbox doesn't work it cycles those 3 errors in a loop. Unplugging and leaving it off for a week doesn't do anything either.

:)

killernoises, Oct 28, 2019
  2. zeroice007 Win User

If its that new isntbit under some warranty? It shouldn't be the Drive for a model so new. But uf its not under Warranty You did say an Xbox one X. You could borrow or buy someone extermal drive and download your games to that. Once you do that disconnect
    that drive . Now reformat that drive and reset the system. Try playing any game with that drive eyc. if it works then you know the drive is fine either use the external drive which i recommend since loads will be faster etc get a good 4gb external drive. Hope
    that helps. Just thought of something make sure this is not just for one game but all.
  3. killernoises Win User

It won't factory reset. It loops through those error codes if i try. The only way to get it working again is pull the hard drive out and completly wipe it and start from scratch.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Have you tried perform a
    factory rese
    t on the console? No way to know if it will help or if it does how long but it is worth a try.
  5. EggsBoxJuan Win User

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...idelines/d5108514-749c-490e-8e46-080259b8f0a5

2) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the 'Terms Of Use'. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping'
    your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair.
    Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Corrupted internal hardrives

it sounds to me like the drive is failing, it should be noted that the Xbox one X stopped being manufactured 4 years ago

Mechanical hard drives will eventually fell, it's nature of the beast, and that's what it sounds like this happened to you. Unfortunately Xbox no longer repairs the Xbox one X

it's a drive his stored in a dusty location, or is subject to shocks in vibrations, such as moving it around, that could shorten its life

You can purchase an external USB hard drive, that can function as your internal hard drive and load games from there
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...? - Similar Threads - Hard Drives Keep

2. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  3. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  4. Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hard drive failed. Will I keep ALL progress/data if I buy a new one to use?: My hard drive has stopped working for some reason and is where all my games were stored. It will be very expensive to try to recover it. Can I just buy a new hard drive and still keep ALL my...
  5. External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps)

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drive not working after xbox series x reset (keep games and apps): Hello. I've had my external hard drive since I got the xbox one a year after it originally released. I got the series x and I've had no problems with my external hard drive. I was having...
  6. External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting from Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting from Series X: I have an external hard drive, and it keeps disconnecting from my series x. I know it’s specific to my console, because I can plug the same one into my wife’s Xbox One, and it has no problems. Is...
  7. Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t delete gamepass games from external hard drive and they keep appearing on any Xbox: Hi, this has been an issue for over a year now since i first downloaded Kingdom Hearts 3 and Untitled Goose Game from the gamepass onto my external hard drive. Ive never had an issue downloading...
  8. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off: Don't take this down submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  9. Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my external hard drive keep turning on and off: Help me submitted by /u/human2424 [link] [comments]
  10. Moving files to a new External Hard Drive, and I keep getting "Installation ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving files to a new External Hard Drive, and I keep getting "Installation ...: As the title says, I got a new WD 2T Elements drive for my Xbox One and I have been moving things on to it from the internal HD. Some games keep giving me an error saying, "installation Stopped!"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one harddrive keeps failing