Xbox one x green screen on game captures Specifically "Record what happened"

Discus and support Xbox one x green screen on game captures Specifically "Record what happened" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox one X only shows green screen on game captures only with sound. Only happens when i chose "Record what happened" option. But if i use "Start... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xavier0121, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Xavier0121
    Xavier0121 Guest

My xbox one X only shows green screen on game captures only with sound. Only happens when i chose "Record what happened" option. But if i use "Start recording" or manually recording it Works fine same as with screenshots. Tried to hard reset my xbox it will go away for a little but then comes back within the day. HELP its so frustrating

:)

Xavier0121, Jan 31, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

This issue might be caused by hardware or software problems, try these steps to resolve the issue:

Check cable connection: Ensure all cables connected to your Xbox One X are securely plugged in.

Check console settings: Go to Settings > Display & sound > Video outputs, and make sure the TV resolution is set to the native resolution.

Clear cache: Power cycle your Xbox One X by turning it off, unplugging the power cord, waiting 10 seconds, and then plugging it back in.

Check for updates: Go to Settings > System > Updates, and check for any available updates for your Xbox One X.

Factory reset: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, perform a factory reset by going to Settings > System > Console info & updates > Reset console.
  3. ngocphi Win User

XBox is not Recording my screen

Screen capture is different from video recording

With screen capture you don't need fps

In game capture even 1 lost frame can be 10-30secs if lost video or audio this requires encoding by your gpu

If your screen capture is so good try yours and see what happens it's not the same as game capture like gamebar
  4. AridLizard Win User

my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work

to check the settings for game captures, tap the Xbox button on the controller then press the RB 3 times to get to the system tab

select Settings

from the options on the left select Preferences, then on the right side of the screen select Capture & Share.

make sure that under Capture it is set to allow "Captures by me or games" OR "Captures by me"

choose the other options that best suit your requirements for duration, auto upload, resolution and storage location then when you do something in a game and want to record it simply tap the Xbox button and press X and it will record whatever just happened.

hope this helps
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

xbox game bar screen recording black screen

Hi Enlopz. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

> i would also like to add that the screen record was named “control panel”

Game Bar names recordings after the app it was recording, so in this case it was recording the Control Panel.

Game Bar can only record one app window, it will record the app which was focused when you started the recording. It cannot switch to recording another app after you begin recording.

> i would also like to fix this specific screen recording as it is important for me.

I'm afraid it won't be possible to fix this recording. Game Bar only recorded that specific window; you can't go back and change that as any other data was not captured during the recording.

If you wish to record your whole screen, I recommend using a different recording app such as OBS. Game Bar is designed for recording games, hence why it can only capture one window at a time.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x green screen on game captures Specifically "Record what happened" - Similar Threads - green screen game

2. Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tv is flashing green on Home Screen and games on xbox series x.: I turned on my console today and the whole screen is flashing green. Tried physically resetting the console, changed the HDMI cord, and tried another port in the tv it self....
  3. Green screen after opening a game

in XboX Insiders
    Green screen after opening a game: After updating my xbox series X (alpha skip ahead) when I open a game I get a glitched looking green screen. I have to turn off my Xbox and back on to get back to the xbox menu. This only happens...
  4. Green screen in some games and streaming apps

in XBoX on Windows
    Green screen in some games and streaming apps: My screen turns green (and occasionally like a mix of colors) while trying to watch some Netflix shows, Amazon prime shows and occasionally while playing games cba55c7d-8112-48b5-95f8-a27b3357498b
  5. Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled

in XboX Insiders
    Green/pixelated screen on game startup when Dolby vision is enabled: I'm in Alpha Skip Ahead and cam confirm no hardware issues, but am either having no signal when enabling Dolby Vision, or periodically having games launch with a pixelate screen with a large green...
  6. Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x Green screen freak out on any game startup: Every single one of my games crashes to the screen displayed here upon start up. I have tried restarting my console, swapping HDMI cords, everything. [img] 234be182-aace-4995-b5b9-733123d6b8a7
  7. Xbox 1 x game caputres have audio but are green screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 x game caputres have audio but are green screen: While playing call of duty dmz I have done a few game captures. When I go to look at them they have a full green screen but have audio still. I've held the power button for 10 seconds and...
  8. Whenever I try to play a game, my screen turns green.

in XBoX on Windows
    Whenever I try to play a game, my screen turns green.: [img] After exiting to the home screen, the screen remains green. Fiddling with the hdr settings on the xbox the color comes back to normal, but when I try to play it happens again. I have hard...
  9. Black screen instead of green rocket when starting cloud game via XBOX app on Windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen instead of green rocket when starting cloud game via XBOX app on Windows 10: Up until the day before yesterday I was able to start Cloud Games like Outriders New Horizon without issue on my Windows 10 PC via the XBOX app. Since yesterday I only get a black screen whenever...
  10. Xcloud opens a black screen instead of a green ship and doesn't open the game!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xcloud opens a black screen instead of a green ship and doesn't open the game!: When I open a cloud game through the Xbox app on my PC and go to play, I see an infinite black screen instead of the green spaceship and I can't play. In Edge browser, the game opens, but with an...