Xbox One X DTS Digital Surround Sound Not Working on Bose System

Discus and support Xbox One X DTS Digital Surround Sound Not Working on Bose System in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear Fellow Xbox Users, I have an Xbox One X audio issue with DTS Digital Surround Sound not outputting surround sound to my Bose surround sound... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CraigW6, Mar 31, 2020.

1. CraigW6
    CraigW6 Guest

Dear Fellow Xbox Users,

I have an Xbox One X audio issue with DTS Digital Surround Sound not outputting surround sound to my Bose surround sound system (comprised of the Bose Soundbar 700, bass module, and Surround Sound 700 speakers). The soundbar does support DTS and I have
    a Blu-ray player that can be set to only output DTS and the sound system does work with. In fact, I tested the same exact DVD in my Blu-ray player and my Xbox and the Xbox puts out no sound from the movie nor does it output any sound effects from the menu
    screens as soon as I put it in DTS mode. The only way it outputs any sound when in DTS mode is if I have the signal go through the TV and then I set the output to PCM instead of Auto. However, the sound is then in Stereo, not surround sound (same thing happens
    with Dolby Digital).

I have tried three ways of connecting the soundbar to get DTS to work with no success (Dolby works with all 3):

1. HDMI to the TV then HDMI ARC out of the TV to the soundbar.

2. HDMI to the TV then optical out of the TV to the soundbar.

3. Optical out from the Xbox directly to the soundbar.

What codec/version of DTS digital surround sound does the Xbox output? Are there any settings I can change on the Xbox to make it work? I spoke to Bose for 1.5 hours and they said if I can find out what codec/version of DTS digital surround sound they
    can see if it should be compatible.

Thank you to anyone who offer assistance or let me know if they have a similar issue.

Sincerely,

Craig

:)

CraigW6, Mar 31, 2020
  2. KindFawn1020829 Win User

Not getting a digital signal to my soundbar from XB1.

I have the same sound bar. If you hook the sound bar up straight to the xbox one with a digital optical audio cable and not your tv the DTS on the sound bar will work. Works with games, blu-rays and my comcast cable hd channels that support 5.1. The DTS
    light on the vizio sound bar Wil light up when you turn on it on and when you change input on the sound bar and shortly turn off indicting it's working. These are my settings, HDMI audio off. Optical audio DTS Digital Surround. And under tv & one guide settings,
    click troublshooting, I have surround sound (beta) checked. Only thing I don't know if DTS or Dolby digital is better. With the march update I will have the option to choose DTS or Dolby digital that the vizio 5.1 sound bar does support.
  3. WARRIOR I M Win User

No Dolby Digital or DTS via optical output?

I just read this:

support.xbox.com/.../digital-sound-not-working

So how is there surround sound for this but not both Dolby Digital and DTS for Blu-ray and gaming? Since the xbox auto updates, how will I know when an update that adds surround sound and 3D for Blu-ray and gaming is downloaded?
  4. Chewboy Win User

Can't get digital surround using an optical cable

Hello Audiohead, I have the same issue with my optical cable. I can only get stereo sound when stereo uncompressed selected but when DTS digital surround is selected through my panasonic surround sound kit which also supports DTS and 5.1 there is no sound.
    The DTS digital Surround works fine on my 360. I thought it was a problem with my console but hopefully its just a software patch required.
  5. Fenris E Wolf Win User

No Sound using Xbox One with Telekom Media Receiver X301T and watching TV

Hi City357,

Please try the following so we can figure out where the issue is. Also due to the way you formatted your post several of the lines are cutoff. 1st go to each device and change the sound setting to stereo instead of surround sound and be sure to uncheck Surround
    Sound BETA on the Xbox One if you have it enabled. Try connecting your Media Receiver via HDMI into the Xbox One and then into the TV and then go into TV Settings Troubleshooting and select the Reset TV option and complete the setup. This will tell us you
    can get the full audio and video TV Feed without involving your sound system. If this works fine then connect your Bose sound system between your Xbox One and the Media Receiver so it goes MR>Bose>Xbox One>TV and see if that works. Then go into the TV Settings
    and setup the Bose under the AVR devices. If it works w/o the bose and not with it tells us the issue is with the Bose and we need to adjust some settings to get the Audio working.
  6. SpiiT RhymeS Win User

So how are we meant to use speakers with the Xbox One?

I have a 41" soundbar with optical and now that they released the March update with Dolby Digital it sounds amazing.

Soundbars are a cheap solution for surround sound audio. My friend has a $600 Bose surround sound system with 2 speakers and a sub and he admittedly said my $140 soundbar and sub sounds just as good or better.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X DTS Digital Surround Sound Not Working on Bose System - Similar Threads - DTS Digital Surround

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  4. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows issues with DTS/Atmos/Sonic spatial audio: Hey I'm syncing my Razer Kaira Pro to the Xbox Adapter but when I enable spatial sound like DTS/Atmos/Sonic it stutters when I'm playing video games? I've tried my old Turtlebeach Stealth 600 Gen...
  5. DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate

in XBoX on Windows
    DTS Sound Unbound repeating uodate: I’m trying to setup DTS Sound Unbound for my new Arctic 9X headset since it says it’s equipped with the DTS technology, however when I’m trying to launch the app on my Xbox it keeps repeating the...
  6. Sound Delay Bug XSX 5.1 Dolby/DTS

in XboX Insiders
    Sound Delay Bug XSX 5.1 Dolby/DTS: Xbox Series X connected through an optical HDMI cable to Philips Oled 808 TV. TV connected through optical cable to a 5.1 surround system (logitech z906) Everytime is start my console i have a...
  7. DTS sound unbound

in XBoX on Windows
    DTS sound unbound: If I pay $19.99 for this audio is it a monthly subscription type thing or a one and done deal? 05c49531-35a4-406a-9e4e-52fab2c2d1af
  8. My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe...: My Xbox one X doesn't recognize my DTS/Atmos license. I have both. I don't want to believe I have to purchase them again. 9e725e6a-03a2-45cc-b77d-0b4f98b36d3c
  9. Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and DTS issues Xbox 1: I was playing Call of Duty MW2 this evening (May 3, 2023) and everything worked fine. Then it stopped. I uninstalled the apps, reinstalled them, restarted my xbox a few times, but the key issue...
  10. Xbox series x not recognizing Dolbe Atmos or DTS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x not recognizing Dolbe Atmos or DTS: This evening my Xbox switched to the Sonic codec in the middle of playing a game. When I tried to switch it back to either Dolby Atmos for Headphones or DTS:X. It tells me I need to purchase a...