Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly

Discus and support Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When trying to scroll across any menu you cannot move just one space, it jumps multiples places in any direction. When the sign in menu is open i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobRoy7, Feb 25, 2020.

  1. RobRoy7
    RobRoy7 Guest

    Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly


    When trying to scroll across any menu you cannot move just one space, it jumps multiples places in any direction. When the sign in menu is open i cannot move the cursor to the right at all to get to the options icon. I have four controllers and they
    all have the same problem. Is there any way to factory reset on the console itself?

    :)
     
    RobRoy7, Feb 25, 2020
    #1
  2. RobRoy7 Win User

    Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly

    With a flash drive soes it need boot instructions? Or just throw in a blank usb stick?
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

    Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly

    "i can't get to the update controller stuff if its a software/firmware problem because i cant navigate there "

    When you have the console off, connect the controller with a plug/play charge cable to the console. After turning it back on a screen should appear informing to update the controller. If you can't navigate to click update with the L or R sticks try
    the D pad to navigate and accept the update.

    You'll need to update every controller.

    "With a flash drive soes it need boot instructions? Or just throw in a blank usb stick? "

    If you mean OSU (offline system update), you can find the instructions at this support link, System updates solution.

    Be aware that if the console is enrolled in Insider preview, OSU's cannot be used.
  4. Zdubleu Win User

    Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly

    There is a way to Factory reset Your Xbox. However a Power
    cycle
    maybe what you need. Also ensure only the buttons you want pressed are so you dont skip through the menus.
  5. RobRoy7 Win User

    Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly

    I wish it were that easy. Power cycling has no effect, its been like this for about three weeks now and i can't get to the update controller stuff if its a software/firmware problem because i cant navigate there
  6. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

    Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly

    Mine was a little sluggish and not responding well in the menu's also yesterday. I did power cycle and it seemed to go away. Not sure what caused it. Hopefully no underlying issue and just a hick up on the UI
Thema:

Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly

Loading...
  1. Xbox one x doesn't navigate on main menus correctly - Similar Threads - doesn't navigate main

  2. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  3. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....
  4. "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account

    in XboX Insiders
    "welcome to game pass" email, WITHOUT PURCHASE, doesn't show subscription in microsoft account: hey yall, basically, my mom got an email from " xbox@e.xbox.com " (which i googled and it said thats a legit email they use) saying "welcome to xbox game pass" and "game pass is now yours". she...
  5. The newest XBOX app update from May 21st doesn't support external controllers on hanhelds...

    in XboX Insiders
    The newest XBOX app update from May 21st doesn't support external controllers on hanhelds...: The windows/xbox native games running under XBOX app do not support external controllers anymore. I am using GameSir Nova connected via usb dongle in XInput mode. Before the update everything was...
  6. Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Some requests to improve Xbox, because commenting this doesn't work, they always choose the...: 1: This would be perfect for the 25 Xbox anniversary. Add a option to custom the Xbox boot screen, with all previous Xbox boot screens, I would love to see the classic Xbox boot screen on my...
  7. 100% completion highlight doesn't stand out enough

    in XboX Insiders
    100% completion highlight doesn't stand out enough: I'm in Alpha. The shading is barely noticeable to me. It should be a lot brighter, like the guide is. The glowing 100% is good but how about adding something more? How about a green emerald next...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work on the new Xbox Cloud website?

    in XboX Insiders
    Mouse and Keyboard doesn't work on the new Xbox Cloud website?: I don't have a controller with me at the moment so i've been using mouse and keyboard on the OG https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play site. I was curious and wanted to check out the preview site @...
  9. Xbox Store opens but doesn't work, I need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Store opens but doesn't work, I need help: I need help, my xbox store opens, I used Microsoft support and sent me here, I need help, my xbox store opens, I used Microsoft support and sent me here, the last digits of the code series is...
  10. Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why doesn't the keyboard work for menu navigation after system update?: After the system update (1/16/2024) I no longer can use my keyboard to go through the menu. What gives? df6c6846-972e-4461-984f-407d9292ec6c