Xbox One X Disc no longer spins unless full shut down

Discus and support Xbox One X Disc no longer spins unless full shut down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, ive searched online and found there are numerous hardware issues with the xbox one’s disc drive. However, I’ve also found this thread and a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by orbital21, Sep 25, 2019.

1. orbital21
    orbital21 Guest

Hello,

ive searched online and found there are numerous hardware issues with the xbox one’s disc drive. However, I’ve also found this thread and a couple of others like it complaining of the experience i just started having.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-i-hard/431383eb-908f-47b1-ad9b-cb7db1adaaef

My symptoms are basically the exact same. All of a sudden my drive will no longer spin a disc that is inserted. I can reboot numerous times, but the only sure fire way to get the disc to spin is after a full shutdown of the console. I originally assumed
    there was a hardware issue, but since the full shutdown works every time, it can’t be hardware related as that would provide inconsistent results.

This is a bit frustrating for such an expensive console to have a basic disc issue which is also easily reproduced, reported by other owners, and not fixed by a firmware patch of the system.

Is there any hope of this being fixed? I’m happy to provide any and all details or movies of the behavior. I’m also not convinced that sending the unit in for a replacement will fix the issue as it doesn’t seem like hardware related.

:)

orbital21, Sep 25, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey thereorbital21!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance
    and create a new thread. We will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  3. orbital21 Win User

For some reason, that seems to have done the trick. Plugging in directly to the wall now allows the disc to spin consistently after a normal power cycle.

I’m hoping that the issue is solved and will remain as such and that the internal surge protector will keep the unit safe.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey orbital21!

Thanks for responding!

Let us know how it all turns out tonight after plugging your console directly into the wall.

I've seen that this has helped in the past with issues similar to this one.

I'm glad to hear that you'll most likely be under the manufacturer warranty.

If all else fails, at least we know we have to the option to send it in for a repair / exchange.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Good luck!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  5. orbital21 Win User

Thank you for the quick reply. I’ve not yet tried plugging in directly to the outlet as it did not fix the issue for the other poster. I will give it a whirl tonight but I’m not hopeful it will correct the issue.

I got my console in May 2019 and it is a refurbished unit.
  6. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello orbital21!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I'm sorry to hear about the disc drive (spinning) issues that you've been experiencing with your Xbox One X console.

The link (thread) that you provided pretty much mentioned all basic troubleshooting steps that you would try for this type of issue.

Is you console's power supply plugged directly into the wall socket / outlet? If not, I would recommend doing so. (Make sure your console is not plugged into a power strip)

How long have you owned your console? If you purchased your console a year or less ago, you'll still be under the 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Let us know!

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Felix

Xbox forums support
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Disc no longer spins unless full shut down - Similar Threads - Disc longer spins

2. I can no longer play my Minecraft without game pass and NO I'm not buying a whole new disc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer play my Minecraft without game pass and NO I'm not buying a whole new disc...: Hello I'm contacting Microsoft today to ask why is my Minecraft is not working(I have the physical copy). I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that I'm just asking how it's perfectly legal...
  3. Xbox no longer reads discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox no longer reads discs: My Xbox one will no longer read disc's after I cleaned it. Opened it back up and made sure everything was connected correctly and it was. Any ideas as to why or how I can fix it?...
  4. Original XBOX One game disc no longer working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Original XBOX One game disc no longer working: Hi, I have an original game disc for the Lego The Movie 1 game, purchased new roughly a year ago. Although the disc doesn't show any scratches or damages, the game doesn't load past the intro...
  5. Disc Drive no longer taking Discs

in XboX Insiders
    Disc Drive no longer taking Discs: Well seeing its no longer working i was wondering can i rip the disc drive out and save on power and still have a working Xbox One X, cause right now i think it working harder because my Xbox is...
  6. Anyone else having longer disc spin ups then usual?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having longer disc spin ups then usual?: I've noticed after the night mode update that my xbox series x continuesly keeps the disc spinning rather than stopping after a few mins or so submitted by /u/SebHasVeryHighIQ [link] [comments]
  7. (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...

in XboX Insiders
    (HELP) My xbox series X no longer plays disc based games. I get error code 0x87de272b every...: I had this problem a week ago, rang microsoft and was told its a disc drive issue. Sent mine off for "repairs" and got a new replacement a few days later. It worked fine for a couple days but now...
  8. Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up

in XboX Insiders
    Disc drive running longer than normal on booting console up: I’ve noticed in delta that the disc drive seems to run longer when first turning console on and sometimes it will randomly activate when quitting back to dashboard after closing app or game....
  9. S/X symbol disappeared from some titles and also No longer displays Disc icon on loaded...

in XboX Insiders
    S/X symbol disappeared from some titles and also No longer displays Disc icon on loaded...: Hi All, I noticed since the Public update this evening that some of my Titles no longer display the S/X logo (Avengers and Breakpoint) and also the Disc Icon no longer appears against the game...
  10. Disc drive on Xbox one no longer recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc drive on Xbox one no longer recognized: My disc drive on my xbox all of sudden stopped working. "Disc drive not recognize" How can I fix this problem? 1b42310e-d927-43dc-9112-e97ea6a869ab