Xbox one x disc drive issue

Discus and support Xbox one x disc drive issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having an issue with the disc drive when ejecting discs when I press the eject button and the disc pops out then as I go to grab it, without... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XFactor047, Nov 24, 2017.

1. XFactor047
    XFactor047 Guest

I am having an issue with the disc drive when ejecting discs when I press the eject button and the disc pops out then as I go to grab it, without touching it, it slides back in. It will keep doing this as I try to change out the game. I had the same exact issue
    with my og Xbox One and eventually that Xbox One stopped reading discs. Is this something that needs replacing or is there something else I can do?

:)

XFactor047, Nov 24, 2017
  2. Miss Kleo
    Miss Kleo Guest
    Flashing lights on power-down

Hey iLadd x! This symptom does sound like a disc drive issue, have you tried running through our

disc drive
    guide? Let me know if this helps at all!

Miss Kleo, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Y0RKTOWN
    Y0RKTOWN Guest
    Xbox One X Loud disc Drive when installing games.

I noticed My Xbox One X ‘s Disc Drive make a very loud sound while games install from disc? Is my Disc Drive faulty? Does anyone else have/has this issue? I don’t really want to send it in for repair and I really don’t want to exchange it at a retailer
    for a new one since it’s a project Scorpio edition.

Y0RKTOWN, Nov 24, 2017
  4. PhatMasterC
    PhatMasterC Guest

mine did the same thing and it has just stopped reading disks tonight. Was very noisy when in use too

PhatMasterC, Nov 26, 2017
  5. Papo Type R Win User

Cross Gen MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

It actually does. I got the Series X this holiday at $349, and the same disc is working perfectly. I have determined that the Xbox One X disc drive is trying to read Cross Gen discs differently than Xbox One discs. The disc drive on the Series X doesn’t have this issue. You might need a new disc or you might need to send your Series X for maintenance.
  6. mrstupops Win User

MODERN WARFARE 2 DISC NOT READING

I had three discs from different stores..

My brother had the same issue.

The last disc (which wouldn't read on my One X or my original Xbox one) works perfectly fine on my Series X.

It's not a faulty disc.

It's older drives and cross gen games.

My One X played everything else perfectly.

It's an issue with these cross gen x/s discs..

Nothing you can say is going to convince me otherwise..
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X recognizes no backwards compatible 360-disc / triggers no download

Hi,

Sounds like the laser in your console's Blu-ray drive has a hardware issue.

To test if your Xbox One X has issues reading discs, try playing a DVD movie disc. If can't read DVD movie discs either then your console has a hardware fault.

Note: It must be a DVD movie disc, not a Blu-ray movie disc.

There are two lasers in the Blu-ray drive, one for reading Blu-ray discs and one for DVD discs. Xbox One games use Blu-ray and the 360 console used a DVD drive.
  8. tejo chase Win User

One x on a vertical stand? Ment the manual say against it?

There is an official stand for the xbox one x but that being said it's always advisable to stand your xbox on its base because using them vertically can cause damage to physical discs and disc drive issues.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X can read Xbox One game discs, but not Xbox 360 discs

Sorry about your issue there.

Is it just this one game or do other Xbox 360 discs have issues?

The Series X optical drive contains two lasers, one for reading DVD discs and one for reading Blu-Ray discs.

Have you also tried DVD movie discs to see if they play? They must be DVD discs, not HD or UHD BD discs.

Unfortunately if the drive has a fault reading discs, you'll need to get it repaired. If your console is out of warranty it will be at a cost.
Thema:

1. Xbox one x disc drive issue - Similar Threads - disc drive issue

2. Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X- discs will not read or spin in optical drive (The ONLY game that reads is...: Hi, for the last 6 months I have had serious with my disc drive on my Series X. I am aware of reports that the laser diode that was used in the manufacturing has issues, I have also tried every...
  3. I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an original xbox and the disc drive won' eject. Paper clip don't work. What next?: I have an original xbox and the disc drive won't open. Tried the paper clip tool and it did't work. What next? a81eeb29-f7e9-4f6e-a093-2e8064856079
  4. is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time

in XBoX on Consoles
    is it normal xbox series x disc drive to leave minor scratches to discs during use and time: I have an xbox series x and I notice that it leaves some minor or too minor scratches to discs. The laser read them normally and I dont hear any grinding or weird noise from the disc drive. I can...
  5. i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive

in XBoX on Windows
    i need step by step instructions on how to install msfs from a disc drive: I purchased a sealed copy of msfs deluxe version. I started disc 1 and it ran for many hours and finally stopped so I started disc 2 and it ran for many hours. Was I supposed to anything else...
  6. Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x disc drive and cloud sync: My XBox seriesX disc drive does not work and also now won’t sync with the cloud f9f45fe7-190a-421d-ae07-22bd0fc8bdb5
  7. Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my disc drive??: When i go to put in a 360 disc or a dvd in my xbox one it won’t read it will just sit in there and when i put a xbox one disc or a blue ray disc in it reads it 75% of the time and some of these...
  8. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?: I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?...
  9. Series X disc drive noise on start up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X disc drive noise on start up: Seems to be a quick jerk or vibrating noise that last a split second. Runs fine otherwise. I talked to MS support and they said it’s the disc drive looking for a disc. I don’t have any discs tho....
  10. Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you repair/clean a Xbox series x disc drive?: My Xbox series x will no longer install disks ,or read some disks. I was able to get one game to install, and load, but that’s it. Is there any way for me to fix this? I no longer have a warranty...