Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads

Discus and support Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, got a brand new Xbox one X around 3 weeks ago from day 1 its been turning itself off when im playing games, on the store or even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hamst3rK1ng, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Hamst3rK1ng
    Hamst3rK1ng Guest

Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads

Hi, got a brand new Xbox one X around 3 weeks ago from day 1 its been turning itself off when im playing games, on the store or even downloading/updating games. Its like a crash sound then turns itself off (full power off with all start screens appearing
    when turned back on) its plugged into the wall, well ventilated. It cant be getting hot as sometimes it turns off after 5 mins of being on. Ive also turned off the auto power down feature, no luck. Happened with RDR2, BO4. Literally so sick of this now spent
    over £500 for something i cant enjoy.

:)

Hamst3rK1ng, Dec 21, 2018
  2. R3SP3CKM3 Win User

I FIXED IT!!!!!

IVE been struggling with this for months and I finally fixed my xbox 1 S 2tb.

I cleared my alternate mac address in the network settings area.

Click network settings

Advanced settings

Click the last option and clear

Next restart router and modem

Next set video output to 720p

Now factory reset your xbox. Be sure to choose the option that REMOVES YOUR GAMES AND PROFILE.

After your system resets. Set up like you did when you first got it. DO NOT USE PREVIOUS PROFILE SETTINGS . take the long way and do each setting yourself.

Now download your games from my games and apps/ready to install.

HOPE THIS HELPS. This is the first time I've been able to use my xbox in 3 months.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey HamsterKing,

Again, thank you for keeping us updated. With everything that has been said, I believe a repair is in order. Before setting up a repair I would only ask that you test out your console plugged into a different wall outlet. Preferably in a different room.

If your console still turns off, then register your device and set up a repair using the steps on this link :

Submit a service order request

Hope this helps!
  4. Hamst3rK1ng Win User

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Xbox insider program - no i will look into thay.

Power mode is instant on is this right?

i will try a power cycle now and update you after some test runs!
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Hey Hamster,

Awesome! Exchanging your console would be the best option for you. If for some reason you have troubles at the retailer, remember you can get an exchange at a
    Microsoft store if you live nearby one
    . However, this should be considered only if the retailer cannot help you. Most likely the exchange from the Microsoft store would be a refurbished console.

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox community!
  6. Hamst3rK1ng Win User

Hi, ive only had the product for 11 days (ordered on the 1st december so lets call it 19 days of actual ownership) im unhappy to send this for repair so i will contact the retailer for an exchange or full refund as per my consumer rights. Thank you for
    your help, we did try a different socket initially but this also didnt work!
Thema:

1. Xbox one X crashing then turning itself off middle of games, updates and downloads - Similar Threads - crashing turning itself

2. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  3. My Xbox series x turns off or crashes to dashboard when playing online games

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x turns off or crashes to dashboard when playing online games: my xbox series x turns off or crashes sometimes when playing online games i have looked around all over the internet for a solution but didn't find any. 616190a9-555d-47b5-a642-68ae13c13428
  4. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  5. Diablo 4 crashing to home or turning off xbox before getting to queue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 crashing to home or turning off xbox before getting to queue: Hi, I have a release day series X bought from Microsoft. I have always had issues with Series X optimised games crashing to home screen, but I have been able to at least log on and play in...
  6. My Xbox won’t turn on after audio glitch and game crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox won’t turn on after audio glitch and game crash: Why won’t my Xbox get past the green start up screen? I tried resting it after an audio glitch that crashed my game and now it won’t turn back on, I’ve tried unplugging it, I’ve tried resting it...
  7. 2k crash next gen Xbox series x turn off whole console

in XboX Insiders
    2k crash next gen Xbox series x turn off whole console: my system shuts off during play now online and my park why???? submitted by /u/Stranger-danger26 [link] [comments]
  8. Why dose my xbox turn itself off after the huge crash a few weeks ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why dose my xbox turn itself off after the huge crash a few weeks ago: My xbox has been acting up and every time i plug up my mic and it's adapter my whole xbox shuts off like i reset it 9c76cf77-9049-403a-9db3-67bf0b84054c
  9. Xbox One will randomly crash or turn off during a game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One will randomly crash or turn off during a game.: Okay, so almost a year ago I made a similar post but got no response so i'm here again because it has gotten worse. As the title says, my Xbox one crashes while I play. A year ago it wouod only...
  10. Profile is causing Xbox one to crash and turn off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Profile is causing Xbox one to crash and turn off: Just recently received my Xbox one after spending $120 for a repair of a system error. Now whenever I try to add my profile to my xbox it will crash and turn off the system without ever allowing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox game crashes in middle