XBOX One X Controller on PC causing games to alt tab

Discus and support XBOX One X Controller on PC causing games to alt tab in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi guys bought the new xbox one x controller to use on rocket league on my PC. I've had the older xbox one controller previously and have had no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Owen��, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Owen��
    Owen�� Guest

Hi guys bought the new xbox one x controller to use on rocket league on my PC. I've had the older xbox one controller previously and have had no issues. Whilst playing rocket league my game keeps alt tabbing and other windows open wont work correctly either (discord still runs but goes completely black for example). I've reinstalled rocket league and other applications however this bug only occurs when I'm using the controller. Basically every game I use Mouse and Keyboard and I haven't had an issue. The only other game I play on controller is FIFA and it does the same issue so it cant be steam. Any solutions would be greatly appreciatedXBOX One X Controller on PC causing games to alt tab :).

:)

Owen��, Mar 7, 2021
  2. liveaction
    liveaction New Member
    Hey just found this forum after I started experiencing the exact same problems when I bought a new Xbox controller. Did you end up finding any solutions? I don't think it's any one application being open, and I haven't experimented with games outside of Rocket League.

liveaction, Jul 1, 2021
  3. NapoliPedri Win User

Oh Thank you for the advice I try this immediately =)
  4. Owen�� Win User

I had the exact same issue. Updating my controller helped me to resolve it. You can find the update guide here.
    I believe this has solved the issue. Downloaded the Xbox Accessories app on the Microsoft store and updated controller per the link and have had no issues so far. Thank you mate, you should join the Microsoft support team haha.
  5. DustStray Win User

I had the exact same issue. Updating my controller helped me to resolve it. You can find the update guide here.
  6. HenryKch Win User

There is no controller update for me ;(
  7. Default_570 Win User

not every game has full controller support on the PC

if the game does not work right, use a keyboard and mouse
Thema:

1. XBOX One X Controller on PC causing games to alt tab - Similar Threads - Controller causing games

2. How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my controller in gamepass pc?: When playing any games on gamepass on my pc, my controller does not work correctly. It seems as though my controller is fighting with my keyboard for control. Any suggestions?...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Console Causes All Controllers To Not Work Properly: When you press the analogue sticks or Dpad on any controller it does the correct movement however it is then repeated in the opposite direction immediately after. I have tested multiple...
  5. Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Win 11 latest update causing issues with xbox 360 controller: Hi I updated my PC to the latest windows update and after that my wired Xbox 360 controller(s) have stopped working on my PC. I have reinstalled the drivers, tried different USB ports (USB 3.0...
  6. My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate: My Gamepad Controller causes MSFS to crash when using on my pc with XBOX Game Pass Ultimate fc48839a-c898-49d5-9762-9f031e360e2b
  7. Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Odd stuttering/crackling sound coming from headset caused by controller: Often I have a crackling sound coming from the headset and I have concluded it’s coming from the controller because I have plugged in a different headset and that did not solve it. I am unsure...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controllers all have sensitive battery packs that causes the controller...: I have ran through countless controllers and wasted a lot of money. I keep experiencing my controller turning off when the batter back feels any type of significant pressure. The usb cable causes...
  9. Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my new regular wireless controller causing my game to slightly lag when my wired...: I just bought a new standard wireless controller and it’s causing my game to lag in certain areas/points. I mainly use a wired elite controller and I never have issues with it. I was hoping to...
  10. Xbox Series controller causing in game stutters

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series controller causing in game stutters: Hello .Recently I've noticed in game stuttering while playing FIFA 23 . Never had this problem since game launch. Though at first it might be GPU -related but FPS was stable and after cleaning and...