Xbox One X, connected to Samsung Smart TV, when turned on, turns on the Xbox Series S...

Discus and support Xbox One X, connected to Samsung Smart TV, when turned on, turns on the Xbox Series S... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As the.. question? states, when I turn on my Xbox One X, which is connected to the Samsung Smart TV, via the TVs remote, my husband's Xbox Series S... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LynxKitten, Nov 8, 2022.

1. LynxKitten
    LynxKitten Guest

Xbox One X, connected to Samsung Smart TV, when turned on, turns on the Xbox Series S...

As the.. question? states, when I turn on my Xbox One X, which is connected to the Samsung Smart TV, via the TVs remote, my husband's Xbox Series S also turns on. The series S is plugged into a completely different tv/monitor, and a completely different outlet and powerstrip. If his Xbox is on, and mine is off, and I turn mine on with the tv remote, his turns off. They're in the same room, but they face different directions. (Not sure how helpful that last sentence will be)

If the tv is set to the Xbox HDMI output when it's turned off, the moment I turn the TV on, both Xboxs turn on/off, depending on if it's on or not...

Ive tried googling this, with no results, and I've checked to make sure that the HDMI-CEC on the tv is turned off, as well as checking the Xbox One X's Device Power Options, to make sure none of it is set up, which it's not..

Does anyone know of a fix for this? It's getting frustrating, and I stopped playing my Xbox for about 6months because of this issue (was tired of my hubby's Xbox turning off in the middle of a game) and completely forgot about it until this evening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

LynxKitten, Nov 8, 2022
  2. SpAzZ H Win User

Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

I have the Xbox series S/X. When I turn on my xbox it turns on as usual without any problems but when I switch to HDMI 1 or 2 on my TV it says "no signal" or "make sure connected device is turned on" when it is. And no nothing else is connected to the xbox.
  3. Wolverine Win User

XBOX One and Samsung Smart TV

The wired or wireless connection is handled through your router, not the Samsung Smart TV. Samsung Smart TV has nothing to do with Xbox One. Connect the Xbox One directly to your wireless or wired router, not your Samsung Smart TV.
  4. RichieB_ Win User

Hi my xbox one controller is not connecting to my Samsung smart tv I need some help.

Hi Muhammad Bin Usman,

Greetings!

Thank you for publishing in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help connecting your Xbox One controller to your Samsung Smart TV. We truly understand how frustrating this can be, especially if you want to play your game through the smart TV.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting steps, I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem you're facing.

- Are connecting your controller via wired or wireless?
    - Are you able to connect this controller before to your Samsung smart TV?
    - Try to test it with different controller if you have.

Check your Samsung Smart TV's settings.

1. Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is turned on and connected to the internet.

2. Press the Home button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.

3. Navigate to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Device Connection Manager.

4. Make sure that the "Allow connections from any device" option is turned on.

5. Press the Xbox button on your controller to turn it on.

6. Press and hold the sync button on your controller until the Xbox button starts flashing rapidly.

7. On your Samsung Smart TV, select "Add Bluetooth Device" from the Device Connection Manager menu.

8. Your Samsung Smart TV should now search for available Bluetooth devices. Once your Xbox One controller appears on the list, select it to connect.

For more information, you may check this link: Connect a controller to your smart TV | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Zhumen-544CAF0C-D1E4 Win User

Instant on, game resume

Me too... but I having a bigger problem now with turning on my Xbox One with instant on and with TV turn on features. when everything is "off" TV and Xbox, I say "Xbox, ON" Xbox lights up but most times it keeps blinking and will not turn on my Samsung Smart
    TV and even the Kinect and Xbox won't boot up. I have to hard restart the Xbox but I still have to turn on my TV Manually, but when I do that and the Xbox calls for the TV to be Turned on it actually turns the TV off. I Never Had this Problem before.
  6. HaoWang23rpi Win User

Xbox series X has no in game sound but has sound on dashboard and everywhere else

it only happens to the Xbox X series + Samsung TV. I have Xbox one and a sony TV as well. I tried Xbox X series + Sony TV and Xbox one + Samsung TV. both work...
Thema:

1. Xbox One X, connected to Samsung Smart TV, when turned on, turns on the Xbox Series S... - Similar Threads - connected Samsung Smart

2. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...
  3. Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector: I’m having trouble connecting my Xbox 1 to my new freestyle projector. I believe the issue lies with the Xbox signal not being able to keep up with the 4K projectors signal. I’m using a micro hdmi...
  4. Xbox series X not connecting to Samsung TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X not connecting to Samsung TV: Hello, My Xbox series X which I only got about 6 months ago suddenly will not show display on my Samsung TV. It worked fine from purchase until today. I go to turn it on today and it turns on and...
  5. My Xbox one controller can't connect to my samsung with USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one controller can't connect to my samsung with USB: My Xbox one controller halo5 edition can't connect to my samsung m11 with USB but it can connect to my PC what happen and how can I do. Can you help me please T-T...
  6. XBox One S cannot connect to Samsung TV Neo QLED (QN95B) - no signal!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S cannot connect to Samsung TV Neo QLED (QN95B) - no signal!: Hi all, I had this problem also with my rather old Samsung TV (it was from 2009 or so), but I now have a new one (Samsung QN95B Neo QLED) and also here I'm not able to connect my XBox One S with...
  7. My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...: Xbox One X Samsung Neo Oled Smart TV Yes I have tried doing other hdmi cables and ports Could the problem be with the power supply of the Xbox? I have tried the connecting my switch to the TV...
  8. I want to play wrc10 game through gamepass in my Samsung tv, how do I connect my g25...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play wrc10 game through gamepass in my Samsung tv, how do I connect my g25...: I bought a Samsung tv that has xbox built in, I can use gamepass but I play rally games normally and I want to connect my steering wheel G25 Logitech to the tv. how do I do that? is it possible?...
  9. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" only on samsung devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" only on samsung devices: I have been having a problem with connecting to LAN games on minecraft bedrock edition recently. When joining a friend's world under the same wifi connection, an "unable to connect to world"...
  10. Xbox One won't connect to Samsung Smart TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't connect to Samsung Smart TV: We do not have cable or satellite services, frankly, because we do not need them. We bought a new Samsung Smart TV today, but it will not connect to our Xbox One. We contacted Samsung Support,...