xbox one x can't play 3d bluray

Discus and support xbox one x can't play 3d bluray in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello guys, i'm from germany and i have a big problem with my Xbox one x. after the last hdr fix update for the bluray player app on Microsoft store,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by eXtremeMogliE, Dec 21, 2017.

1. xbox one x can't play 3d bluray

Hello guys,

i'm from germany and i have a big problem with my Xbox one x.

after the last hdr fix update for the bluray player app on Microsoft store, my Xbox one x can't play any 3d bluray.

Standard 2d bluray, DVD and 4k UHD works great on my Xbox one x.

If i start a 3d bluray he works in 2d great, but if start the 3d disc menue, the connection lost to my tv and i become an blackscreen.

I test it with...

Avengers age of ultron

Transformers age of extinction

nobody works

My tv...

LG 55uh8509 last Firmware is installed

Xbox one x last updates are installed

What i do...

switch hdmi port on my tv 1 2 3 on tv

reset my Xbox to factory

delete memory from bluray settings on Xbox

install the bluray player app again

disable 3d and activate 3d in Xbox settings

so i report that problem on german microsoft support...

my question is...

have any other people the same problem or i'm alone?

Sry for my bad broken english xbox one x can't play 3d bluray ;)

thx for your time and i hope for answer

:)

eXtremeMogliE, Dec 21, 2017
  2. No 3D Blu-ray support??????

Can't play my 3d Bly ray's awe well I can always do a pirated version of the 3d movie I own but all this does is entice piracy. The XBOX ONE is supposed to be THE ONE not THE ONE plus my PS3 for 3D BLURAY. As a 10 year Xbox live member and loyal customer
    I am very disappointed if there is no 3D support of BLURAY movies as I own many.

Costa Apostolou, Dec 21, 2017
  3. Micro666
    Micro666 Guest
    Xbox one s 3D bluray playback broken after latest system software update

Hi,

This is still a problem for me, but...thx to another member on a different thread I've found a workaround. There's still an issue that exists on the Xbox One X that needs attention and resolution, but at least there is a workaround.

So to recap, playing 3D BluRay discs on the Xbox One X causes the TV to show a loss of signal, like the Xbox One X is no longer outputting an HDMI signal. Very occasionally if I hard reboot the console with the disc still inside and then immediately
    play the disc on boot, it works, and the disc plays in 3D, but most of the time not. 3D BluRays plays on the same TV with my One S connected no problem for me, so the issue seems to be with the One X only.

Now for the workaround, which will hopefully lead to the engineers finding and resolving the root cause of the problem also. If I set my Xbox One X, in the Display settings, to 1080p output (I still have the "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR" checkboxes checked) the
    TV switches from 4K 2160p to 1080p display mode as expected. When the Xbox One X is set to 1080p resolution all 3D BluRay discs that I have tried play in 3D first time, without problem. Switching the Xbox One X back to 4K 2160p output, the TV switches back
    to 2160p as expected. However now when I try to play 3D BluRay discs, the same issue is back, in that as soon as the Xbox One X tries to set the TV to 3D Move, I get a loss of HDMI signal?

I've no idea is this is an issue specific to the combination of the Xbox one X and LG 3D TV's (as others who are reporting the problem also seem to have LG 3D TV's). Maybe the LG 3D TV's don't like to be switch from 4K to 1080p 3D mode? Or is the
    Xbox One X doing something silly, like trying to set 3D mode on the TV, when the display resolution is still 2160p? Which won't work as there's no such thing as 4K 3D.

I have a workaround now, but I'd rather this was investigated, and fixed.

Just to recap, I have an LG 55UH850V 4K HDR 3D LED TV, with the latest firmware from LG.

Thx

Micro666, Dec 21, 2017
  4. Micro666
    Micro666 Guest

Micro666, Jan 2, 2018
  5. Micro666
    Micro666 Guest
    Hi,

This is still a problem for me, but...thx to another member on a different thread I've found a workaround. There's still an issue that exists on the Xbox One X that needs attention and resolution, but at least there is a workaround.

So to recap, playing 3D BluRay discs on the Xbox One X causes the TV to show a loss of signal, like the Xbox One X is no longer outputting an HDMI signal. Very occasionally if I hard reboot the console with the disc still inside and then immediately
    play the disc on boot, it works, and the disc plays in 3D, but most of the time not. 3D BluRays plays on the same TV with my One S connected no problem for me, so the issue seems to be with the One X only.

Now for the workaround, which will hopefully lead to the engineers finding and resolving the root cause of the problem also. If I set my Xbox One X, in the Display settings, to 1080p output (I still have the "Allow 4K" and "Allow HDR" checkboxes checked) the
    TV switches from 4K 2160p to 1080p display mode as expected. When the Xbox One X is set to 1080p resolution all 3D BluRay discs that I have tried play in 3D first time, without problem. Switching the Xbox One X back to 4K 2160p output, the TV switches back
    to 2160p as expected. However now when I try to play 3D BluRay discs, the same issue is back, in that as soon as the Xbox One X tries to set the TV to 3D Move, I get a loss of HDMI signal?

I've no idea is this is an issue specific to the combination of the Xbox one X and LG 3D TV's (as others who are reporting the problem also seem to have LG 3D TV's). Maybe the LG 3D TV's don't like to be switch from 4K to 1080p 3D mode? Or is the
    Xbox One X doing something silly, like trying to set 3D mode on the TV, when the display resolution is still 2160p? Which won't work as there's no such thing as 4K 3D.

I have a workaround now, but I'd rather this was investigated, and fixed.

Just to recap, I have an LG 55UH850V 4K HDR 3D LED TV, with the latest firmware from LG.

Thx

Micro666, Jan 2, 2018
  6. Jinkz
    Jinkz Guest
    Have you tried switching the TV to 3D mode (I know this sounds obvious but most of the time it doesn't auto switch).

Jinkz, Jan 2, 2018
  7. Micro666
    Micro666 Guest
    Yes I also tried that, but it has the same result. Based on the work around I found, it seems that the issue is that the Xbox One X (or possibly it's an LG issue), can't switch from 4K 2160p mode to 1080p 3D mode properly. So by forcing the Xbox One X to
    output 1080p, and not 4K, the TV then already in 1080p mode before the 3D mode is turned on by the Xbox. I don't really know what the Xbox One X is trying to do, but maybe it's just telling the TV to turn on 3D mode, and not telling it to switch to 1080p as
    well, who knows.

It's an issue that myself and a number of others are having, and all the reports so far seem to be from people with LG TV's, so that kind of leads me to believe it might be an issue with the way the Xbox is telling the TV to switch to 3D when the Xbox and the
    TV are in 4K output mode.

Micro666, Jan 3, 2018
  8. Micro666
    Micro666 Guest

Hi Xbox Team,

Come on guys this is still an issue. I've not posted about it for a while as I was hoping it would get fixed, but it's still an issue on Xbox One X (and possibly Xbox One S as well). There is a problem with the Xbox One X (and possibly S) switching TV's from
    4K output to 1080p 3D mode. I have posted a number of logs from my console also, but no action has been taken on this issue, and it's really really annoying. There is a workaround, but it's not acceptable. Please look into this and please fix.

This is 1000% repro, every single time! If you have the Xbox One X set to output at 2160p, which is my preference as I have a 4K 3D capable TV, insert a 3D BluRay disc, and when the Xbox One X tries to switch the TV to 3D 1080p output, the TV shows a loss of
    signal, and it doesn't come back. The signal loss stays until the disc is ejected form the Xbox One X, at which point the 4K signal is restored and the homepage etc displayed.

Note if you put in a 3D BluRay disc that has a 2D menu i.e. the 3D signal isn't switch until the movie starts you won't see this issue until the Xbox One X tries to switch to 1080p 3D output.

I can repro this with any of my 3D BluRay discs. This never used to be an issue until an update that was made around 4 months ago when this issue was originally reported, by myself and many others.

Please see these threads below for other reports of the exact same issue, reported around the same time:

Xbox One X Blu Ray Issues

Xbox one s 3D bluray playback broken after latest system software update

3D no longer works on Blu Ray

Xbox one x 3d Blu Ray problem

Xbox One X 3D BlyRay Problem. Loss of HDMI signal when switch to 3D (Xbox One S doesn't do this)

I notice a lot of people reporting the issue have LG 4K 3D TV's, so maybe there is an incompatibility that has been introduced with the update 4 or so months ago, but it wasn't an issue before so isn't the fault of the LG TV's. For the record I have an LG 55UH850V
    4K 3D HDR TV.

Many Thanks,

Micro666, Nov 1, 2018
  9. Costa Apostolou Win User

No 3D Blu-ray support??????

Can't play my 3d Bly ray's awe well I can always do a pirated version of the 3d movie I own but all this does is entice piracy. The XBOX ONE is supposed to be THE ONE not THE ONE plus my PS3 for 3D BLURAY. As a 10 year Xbox live member and loyal customer
    I am very disappointed if there is no 3D support of BLURAY movies as I own many.
  10. Jinkz Win User

Have you tried switching the TV to 3D mode (I know this sounds obvious but most of the time it doesn't auto switch).
  11. Micro666 Win User

Hi Xbox Team,

Come on guys this is still an issue. I've not posted about it for a while as I was hoping it would get fixed, but it's still an issue on Xbox One X (and possibly Xbox One S as well). There is a problem with the Xbox One X (and possibly S) switching TV's from
    4K output to 1080p 3D mode. I have posted a number of logs from my console also, but no action has been taken on this issue, and it's really really annoying. There is a workaround, but it's not acceptable. Please look into this and please fix.

This is 1000% repro, every single time! If you have the Xbox One X set to output at 2160p, which is my preference as I have a 4K 3D capable TV, insert a 3D BluRay disc, and when the Xbox One X tries to switch the TV to 3D 1080p output, the TV shows a loss of
    signal, and it doesn't come back. The signal loss stays until the disc is ejected form the Xbox One X, at which point the 4K signal is restored and the homepage etc displayed.

Note if you put in a 3D BluRay disc that has a 2D menu i.e. the 3D signal isn't switch until the movie starts you won't see this issue until the Xbox One X tries to switch to 1080p 3D output.

I can repro this with any of my 3D BluRay discs. This never used to be an issue until an update that was made around 4 months ago when this issue was originally reported, by myself and many others.

Please see these threads below for other reports of the exact same issue, reported around the same time:

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/ca96b660-32ee-4128-860a-f83c59589c63

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/9053175a-dfed-410c-b503-800fa7de4619

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/9cfe4564-8734-4976-8814-9f2003658663

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/340613ac-a0a0-4619-8ee4-ab45ff9f0b46

https://forums.xbox.com/en-GB/thread/91427f64-61f8-44d3-a507-54d56e87b678

I notice a lot of people reporting the issue have LG 4K 3D TV's, so maybe there is an incompatibility that has been introduced with the update 4 or so months ago, but it wasn't an issue before so isn't the fault of the LG TV's. For the record I have an LG 55UH850V
    4K 3D HDR TV.

Many Thanks,

12. Micro666 Win User

Yes I also tried that, but it has the same result. Based on the work around I found, it seems that the issue is that the Xbox One X (or possibly it's an LG issue), can't switch from 4K 2160p mode to 1080p 3D mode properly. So by forcing the Xbox One X to
    output 1080p, and not 4K, the TV then already in 1080p mode before the 3D mode is turned on by the Xbox. I don't really know what the Xbox One X is trying to do, but maybe it's just telling the TV to turn on 3D mode, and not telling it to switch to 1080p as
    well, who knows.

It's an issue that myself and a number of others are having, and all the reports so far seem to be from people with LG TV's, so that kind of leads me to believe it might be an issue with the way the Xbox is telling the TV to switch to 3D when the Xbox and the
    TV are in 4K output mode.

13. Micro666 Win User

Thema:

1. xbox one x can't play 3d bluray - Similar Threads - can't play bluray

2. Can't play multiplayer games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play multiplayer games: Why can't I play multiplayer games on my series s ? I can play single player games tho. Ive reset my console and reinstalled, I've tried everything online which was suggested and even reset my...
  3. I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I play via GeforceNow and I don't see friends tab in Xbox bar, so I can't invite or receive...: This is screenshot of my xbox bar [img] 6bec12a3-bcaf-4d20-9ee7-c675a3a36fb6
  4. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  5. Can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play my games: Every time I try to start a game the Xbox light on the console flashes and I get booted to home but all my streaming apps work... Is it time to get a new Xbox 7851d64a-061e-4492-84fc-35a9eea6a4bb
  6. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  7. Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on series x: I need to fix my backwards compatible games I try to download my profile on the Xbox 360 dash board on my series x and everytime I try to download it says I can't connect to Xbox live I've tried...
  8. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  9. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  10. Can't play bluray offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play bluray offline?: I have the xbox 1 in offline mode and is the only xb1 I ever logged into so should be home xb1. I just moved so no Internet for a week, i put in the disc trying to play a bluray but says I have to...