Xbox One X - Cannot connect via wired connection

Discus and support Xbox One X - Cannot connect via wired connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello All, I have recently purchased a new Xbox One X and I am trying to connect my console via a wired connection, but I am unable to. I can connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AdamWake1, Oct 13, 2018.

1. AdamWake1
    AdamWake1 Guest

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a new Xbox One X and I am trying to connect my console via a wired connection, but I am unable to. I can connect my old Xbox One via the wired connection with no issues, as soon as I plug the Ethernet cable into my new Xbox it doesn't
    connect. Now it can detect that there is a wired connection on both the Xbox and the router, but the connection can only withhold for a few seconds.

I have reset the router and Xbox, manually set the IP Settings, DNS etc, changed the port on the back of the router, had the Xbox replaced with a new console in case it was a bad LAN port connection on the back of the Xbox.. nothing seems to work?

I have also spoken to our internet provider (Vodafone), they asked me to manually set the DNS, but that didn't work either.

I am out of ideas and I don't know what to do to get it working anymore, any help would be appreciated.

:)

AdamWake1, Oct 13, 2018
  2. der Metatron
    der Metatron Guest
    Xbox One X Connection Issues

I cannot connect my X to the router via wifi and the wired connection needs to be restarted up to 5 times

der Metatron, Oct 13, 2018
  3. can connect to internet but not xbox live / update problems

also i cannot connect via a wired connection the same problems persist

XII I3 3 4 5 T, Oct 13, 2018
  4. denis97g
    denis97g Guest

denis97g, Oct 13, 2018
  5. Hello Adam!

Can I ask, what happens when you try to test your multiplayer connection?

Try these guides to help with most network connection issues and see if either help out with the issue.

Give that information a look through and see if there are any troubleshooting steps there that you haven't tried yet.

If you have completed all that, I would suggest maybe trying a new router or modem

Hope this information was helpful

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Nov 3, 2018
  6. der Metatron Win User

Xbox One X Connection Issues

I cannot connect my X to the router via wifi and the wired connection needs to be restarted up to 5 times
  7. XBF Esteban R Win User

Hello Adam!

Can I ask, what happens when you try to test your multiplayer connection?

Try these guides to help with most network connection issues and see if either help out with the issue.

Give that information a look through and see if there are any troubleshooting steps there that you haven't tried yet.

If you have completed all that, I would suggest maybe trying a new router or modem

Hope this information was helpful

Thanks!
  8. denis97g Win User

9. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  10. StuartATrueRed Win User

Keyscaper bluetooth gaming headset

If the headset is only a Bluetooth headset, then it cannot be connected to the Xbox, as the console does not support Bluetooth. However, you can connect a wired headset to the controller via 3.5 mm audio jack. If the headset can be connected that way, then you will have to connect via the wire.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X - Cannot connect via wired connection - Similar Threads - Cannot connect via

2. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  3. cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    cannot connect through game bar to sea of thieves via windows 11: I have Steam Sea of Thieves. I have always connected to friends through game bar, right-click the friend, join game. I want this to work, not a workaround. It worked up until a new PC I just...
  4. I cannot connect to my friends ASTRONEER lobby. We are both playing thru Xbox one via the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot connect to my friends ASTRONEER lobby. We are both playing thru Xbox one via the...: I am trying to join their lobby but continues to say could not find session. And this happens both ways. We both got Xbox live gold in hope that would fix the problem but it has not....
  5. Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it...: Ok as the subject line says "Cannot connect to a dedicated server via PC through the MS gamepass for Astroneers as it appears to be locked?" I purchased the gamepass in order to multiplayer game...
  6. Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live 360 via Xbox One backwards compatible.: Does anyone have a fix to a problem that I just came across not being able to sign into Xbox Live on a backwards compatible game? I have an achievement session for Halo 3 but cannot participate...
  7. Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s cannot connect to internet via ethernet cable after change router: Recently I changed the internet provider in my home and got a new router. When the connection was setted up, all the devices (including phones, PCs with diff. OS, TV) in my place had a really good...
  8. Cannot Connect to World via LAN in Minecraft 1.16. World hosted on iPad.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Connect to World via LAN in Minecraft 1.16. World hosted on iPad.: Hello. I am currently unable to connect via LAN between an iPad and a Windows 10 machine. both are updated to the recent 1.16 update. Both can create their own worlds and play them fine. Both can...
  9. Cannot connect my wired earphones via jack on controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot connect my wired earphones via jack on controller: i cannot connect my earphone via the headphone jack when controller is through Bluetooth I can seem to find it and use it on the taskbar where speakers/headphones are only when I use a micro usb...
  10. Cannot log in to account, Cannot connect to internet, Locked via parental controls that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot log in to account, Cannot connect to internet, Locked via parental controls that...: To give context: About three days ago the power went out in my home. At the time, I had Forza Horizon 4 running. After rebooting my PC and launching FH4, it signed me in and I was able to play the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect xbox one x via wired