Xbox One X Audio problems

Discus and support Xbox One X Audio problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Howdy. I have an Xbox One X. It has been running fine since the day I opened the box. Unfortunately, today it is giving me problems with the audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Donald J Proulx III, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Xbox One X Audio problems

Howdy. I have an Xbox One X. It has been running fine since the day I opened the box. Unfortunately, today it is giving me problems with the audio output. Last night I play games just fine. No problems at all with the sound. Today it started out fine. I turned it on and could hear the sound on the home dashboard. I started watching some Hercules: The Legendary Journeys DVDs (still a fantastic and fun show some 20 odd years later). The sound was fine. All the audio from the dvds worked. The sound when I press the home button and navigate the options works great. But the moment I back out of the DVD player back the the home screen, all audio output stops. If I play a game, I get no sound. I've tried about 50 different games. Yet, when I return to the the DVD player, the audio all returns. I can hear everything on the screen. I hit the home button and I can hear everything as i navigate the options but if I back out of the DVD all the sound stops again. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

:)

Donald J Proulx III, Nov 13, 2022
  2. imanshanizadehasli Win User

When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

We have this problem on xbox one x, the newest console for Microsoft. And I'll ask you to deal with this problem and add this audio format to the bitstream section

You put it in the xbox one x console. Just in the blueray disc section. Why is it not possible to have sound in audio format in the bitstream section?
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox One X: Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) support

As the Xbox One X is an audio source, it doesn't need to send or receive audio via ARC or eARC.

Audio Return Channel is only for TV's that are supposed to "return" Audio back to an AV receiver or connected Soundbar.

As the Xbox One X doesn't have speakers to play audio recieved through ARC, it won't support "ARC" or "eARC". Your TV needs to support ARC or eARC.

What exactly is your TV and console setup, that you would need eARC in the Xbox One X?
  4. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox one x audio out IR?

Hi. If Xbox One X doesn't feature it, then it's not possible for the Xbox One X. Most likely, that IR audio out is for Xbox One and Xbox One S.
  5. imanshanizadehasli Win User

When will the XBOX ONE bitstream DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD lossless formats?

Why does not Microsoft add these two audio formats to the bitstream of the xbox one x console? If only added to the blueray part. We want these audio formats to be added in the bitstream of the xbox
    one x console.

6. Donald J Proulx III Win User

Yes I did everything you mentioned and everything the various articles suggested. Nothing seemed to work.

UPDATE: I found a resolution that fixed my issue but I have not idea why. I simply moved my HDMI cable to a different port on my TV and it seems that was all it took. Weird thing is, I moved the HDMI cable from my Switch to the port that the Xbox One was connected to and it seems to operate fine, no sound issues.
Thema:

1. Xbox One X Audio problems - Similar Threads - Audio problems

2. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  3. Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One monitor, audio and screen problem.: I recently purchased a monitor since the cat knocked over the small tv I had set up on the desk. Its an Acer SBO Series 22. I connect the HDMI to the monitor and the console and the message input...
  4. Any fixes for audio problems on discord for xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Any fixes for audio problems on discord for xbox?: Whenever i am in a discord lobby, members of the discord say my audio will speed up at times and sound robotic to the point that what i say is inaudible. Not a constant issue but occurs often....
  5. Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch

in XboX Insiders
    Audio issues still a problem 3+ years after console launch: Every new update brings the same exact patch notes saying “we’ve got reports of audio issues…blah blah blah.” Can we please get some form of update or at least some progress on these issues?...
  6. Capture card audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capture card audio problems: So I have a capture card set up. Its got my xbox going to a hdmi splitter and then split to my monitior, and then my chromebook with the video capture card. In order to record any audio it has...
  7. mixed reality and audio problems after standy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    mixed reality and audio problems after standy: Hi everyone, I can't figure out an audio problem with mixed reality. I use flight simulator 2020 but for a while now, using two addons that must be installed on the C, after wmr standby, the audio...
  8. Problems with greyed out speaker audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with greyed out speaker audio: I have googled many things watch videos on how to get the speaker audio in grade out because I have no sound whatsoever running through the speakers or tv. My wife accidentally unplugged the Xbox...
  9. Audio problems. Nothing seems to fix it.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Audio problems. Nothing seems to fix it.: I can't hear the other person in my group while playing tom Clancy the division. We have been playing for about a week now and everything was fine, he got a new Xbox and now we can't hear each...
  10. Minecraft Bedrock Edition Audio problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition Audio problem: When I start minecraft bedrock edition through the minecraft launcher and the game loads to about 41% it completely disconnects my audio outputs. 9f8f2583-6fd3-46c3-8716-a86153a29fd5