Xbox One X 4K updates

Discus and support Xbox One X 4K updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HI, I have an Xbox One and have the Scorpio pre-ordered for next month. I have set the console to auto-update, will 4K updates be Pushed to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GaryHicks42, Oct 23, 2017.

1. GaryHicks42
    GaryHicks42 Guest

Xbox One X 4K updates

HI,

I have an Xbox One and have the Scorpio pre-ordered for next month.

I have set the console to auto-update, will 4K updates be Pushed to my console; or will I need to explicity request each update for the Scorpio? Also is there any estimated timeline for when 4K updates will become available?

Also, the Xbox Enhanced selection in Games and Apps lists only two games - Gears Of War 4 and L.A. Noire. I have 20 or so games on the Xbox One X enhanced list, yet only two appear as Xbox Enhanced titles. How do I fix this?

Cheers,

Gary

:)

GaryHicks42, Oct 23, 2017
  2. ThatShowTime
    ThatShowTime Guest
    4K content in Xbox one

That's right!

And remember: S and X consoles doesn't need firmware updates to play 4K content.

ThatShowTime, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Nic727
    Nic727 Guest
    Xbox One X - 4K update mandatory?

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Xbox One X. They talked about a 4K update for Xbox One X titles that will make the games 4K, but will it be mandatory or I can choose to only play normally? Or at least they can make a 1080p 60FPS update instead?

I don't have 4K TV and the fact that 4K updates will be like 50-100 GB, it's not worth it getting the Xbox One X... It will takes days to download this.

Any new information about that?

Thank you

Nic727, Oct 23, 2017
  4. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest

Xbox One X 4K updates

As long as your console is set to be your account Home Xbox, all updates will push and download automatically. Just make sure you have the power options set to always on and have the "hard drive inactive when powered down" box unchecked on that same screen.
    As for your other questions regarding the "Enhanced" titles, I can not say for sure.

Hope that helps!

MattyMidway, Oct 24, 2017
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Hi

If you check the Xbox One X enhanced games list at
    Xbox.com
    the site has now been updated to include information about if and enhanced version of the game has been released, so far Gears of War 4 is the only game listed as having an enhanced version available right now.

gds1972, Nov 1, 2018
  6. WispyGosling606 Win User

Never got 4k updates

the 4k updates go automaticaly on xbox one x
  7. ThatShowTime Win User

4K content in Xbox one

The original Xbox One cannot produce 4k images. Only the Xbox One S can (sampling) and the Xbox One X (true 4k).
    That's right!

And remember: S and X consoles doesn't need firmware updates to play 4K content.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

AC Origins File Size

There is an update for the Xbox One X, but it's only around 1GB. The game will then play in 4K, but it does not have any extra 4K textures.
  9. matthewiag Win User

Are updates mandatory for Xbox One X?

The Xbox One X Game updates for the 4K HDR content are mandatory. A lot of the game that have been release previously before the Xbox One X release will require an update.
  10. RandyAU93 Win User

Move external hard drive from one Xbox One (s) console to another (x)?

Yep. All that 4K goodness can come at a cost in download size. Prior to the One X's launch in 2017, a system update added the option to let first-gen and One S owners download 4K-related updates in advance if they were planning on moving to One X in the
    near future. The option doesn't exist on One X consoles because the 4K updates are mandatory there.
Thema:

Xbox One X 4K updates

1. Xbox One X 4K updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. I had an update and then after that my HDMI port stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    I had an update and then after that my HDMI port stopped working: Could we have somebody look into this? 671ddc09-131d-413e-9b38-ab81cf5477bd
  3. I have updates for a game I dont own on my xbox, how do I get rid of them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have updates for a game I dont own on my xbox, how do I get rid of them?: I have updatse for farcry 6 but have never owned the game. I dont know how to get rid of the updates or why they are there. 72639327-9bc0-45de-ba6b-a38377505387
  4. We were playing on the Xbox One S and it said to update. After the update it will no longer...

in XBoX on Consoles
    We were playing on the Xbox One S and it said to update. After the update it will no longer...: Can someone please tell me how to fix the power issue after an update? feaedea3-5894-41dd-9ba0-e74e09cef7aa
  5. My friends list doesn't update.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list doesn't update.: If my friends a playing a game then switch to a different game or app it doesn't update in my friends list and still says they are on that previous game. e88deff5-155b-44b9-93a6-94a7cbc9dab4
  6. Controller Bar in Windows 11 Gamebar is gone in Feb 3 update 5.823.1271.0

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Bar in Windows 11 Gamebar is gone in Feb 3 update 5.823.1271.0: The Controller Bar feature in the Xbox Gamebar in Windows 11 has been removed with the latest Insider update. This seems planned, as the options for Controller bar are missing from settings as...
  7. Audio problems after the latest updates

in XboX Insiders
    Audio problems after the latest updates: After the last two updates in the February Insider Beta, there were many problems in the audio, sometimes "pipocando" or as if the audio was at 10fps in the middle of the game then you have to...
  8. Cannot update original xbox 1 after console wipe

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot update original xbox 1 after console wipe: so I had cutting this console for my cousin and I just wiped it because I wanted to not be able to have anything on the console. right after I wiped it it won't connect to the internet properly...
  9. Does factory resetting my xbox 360 automatically update to the most recent dashboard?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does factory resetting my xbox 360 automatically update to the most recent dashboard?: I purchased an Xbox 360 with an NXE dashboard not too long ago and I want to keep the NXE dashboard after I factory reset. Will my console be updated fully if I do this? I don’t want to lose my...
  10. Anyone else having issues with Local Cache full alerts since the update?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having issues with Local Cache full alerts since the update?: Anyone else having issues with Local Cache full alerts since the update? Been getting the error daily, and nothing seems to resolve it submitted by /u/LordPaul [link] [comments]