Xbox One X 4K updates

Discus and support Xbox One X 4K updates in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; HI, I have an Xbox One and have the Scorpio pre-ordered for next month. I have set the console to auto-update, will 4K updates be Pushed to my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GaryHicks42, Oct 23, 2017.

1. GaryHicks42
    GaryHicks42 Guest

Xbox One X 4K updates

HI,

I have an Xbox One and have the Scorpio pre-ordered for next month.

I have set the console to auto-update, will 4K updates be Pushed to my console; or will I need to explicity request each update for the Scorpio? Also is there any estimated timeline for when 4K updates will become available?

Also, the Xbox Enhanced selection in Games and Apps lists only two games - Gears Of War 4 and L.A. Noire. I have 20 or so games on the Xbox One X enhanced list, yet only two appear as Xbox Enhanced titles. How do I fix this?

Cheers,

Gary

:)

GaryHicks42, Oct 23, 2017
  2. ThatShowTime
    ThatShowTime Guest
    4K content in Xbox one

That's right!

And remember: S and X consoles doesn't need firmware updates to play 4K content.

ThatShowTime, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Nic727
    Nic727 Guest
    Xbox One X - 4K update mandatory?

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Xbox One X. They talked about a 4K update for Xbox One X titles that will make the games 4K, but will it be mandatory or I can choose to only play normally? Or at least they can make a 1080p 60FPS update instead?

I don't have 4K TV and the fact that 4K updates will be like 50-100 GB, it's not worth it getting the Xbox One X... It will takes days to download this.

Any new information about that?

Thank you

Nic727, Oct 23, 2017
  4. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest

Xbox One X 4K updates

As long as your console is set to be your account Home Xbox, all updates will push and download automatically. Just make sure you have the power options set to always on and have the "hard drive inactive when powered down" box unchecked on that same screen.
    As for your other questions regarding the "Enhanced" titles, I can not say for sure.

Hope that helps!

MattyMidway, Oct 24, 2017
  5. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Hi

If you check the Xbox One X enhanced games list at
    Xbox.com
    the site has now been updated to include information about if and enhanced version of the game has been released, so far Gears of War 4 is the only game listed as having an enhanced version available right now.

gds1972, Nov 1, 2018
  6. WispyGosling606 Win User

Never got 4k updates

the 4k updates go automaticaly on xbox one x
  7. ThatShowTime Win User

4K content in Xbox one

The original Xbox One cannot produce 4k images. Only the Xbox One S can (sampling) and the Xbox One X (true 4k).
    That's right!

And remember: S and X consoles doesn't need firmware updates to play 4K content.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

AC Origins File Size

There is an update for the Xbox One X, but it's only around 1GB. The game will then play in 4K, but it does not have any extra 4K textures.
  9. matthewiag Win User

Are updates mandatory for Xbox One X?

The Xbox One X Game updates for the 4K HDR content are mandatory. A lot of the game that have been release previously before the Xbox One X release will require an update.
  10. RandyAU93 Win User

Move external hard drive from one Xbox One (s) console to another (x)?

Yep. All that 4K goodness can come at a cost in download size. Prior to the One X's launch in 2017, a system update added the option to let first-gen and One S owners download 4K-related updates in advance if they were planning on moving to One X in the
    near future. The option doesn't exist on One X consoles because the 4K updates are mandatory there.
Thema:

Xbox One X 4K updates

1. Xbox One X 4K updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  3. I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    I updated the Xbox app already, and it still says "Application update required": It told me to update the app, which is what I did, but when I opened the app again, it still says "Application update required," i opened it a few times again, still says that message, is there a...
  4. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  5. Gamepass update issue on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamepass update issue on PC: I am on PC and Xbox Gamepass has a required update. I try to update. It repeatedly errors out with error code 0x080070020 that seems to relate to multiple instances of the app running. But only...
  6. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  7. My Xbox doesn’t want to update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox doesn’t want to update: I have my Xbox and I haven’t turned it on for a long time, and now that I have it to my brother it turns on and everything but it says we need to update the console, but when we try updating it it...
  8. Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox/Microsoft don't want to fix update bug.: Look I'm going to go left field and say I'm very disappointed with Microsoft and how they're not fixing these major bugs that constantly happen. The main bug I am having and it's been happening...
  9. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  10. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...