Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen.

Discus and support Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone this is a little bit of a long story. My cousin decided he didn't want his Xbox One after it wouldn't connect to the internet. I ended... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TryingToBeAFixer, Dec 24, 2022.

  1. Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen.


    Hello Everyone this is a little bit of a long story. My cousin decided he didn't want his Xbox One after it wouldn't connect to the internet. I ended up picking it up and replacing the wifi card in it and it worked perfectly for about 6 months. My brother was randomly playing it one day and he mentioned it went to a black screen. I messed with it and the system works perfectly for a solid 20 minutes then the screen gets fuzzy and loses signal. I opened the console up and replaced the thermal paste thinking it was over heating but it didnt cure it. Before i got it from my cousin he idiotically left it outside for who knows how long so I'm not sure if theres liquid damage to the mother board. I'm confused though because after i replaced the wifi card the xbox worked for a solid 6 months without issue. I'm struggling to find similar issues as it doesn't go straight to a black screen but as I mentioned works perfectly for 20ish minutes. I've done a factory reset on the console thinking it was the black screen of death but that doesn't fix the issue.

    If anyone has suggestions to what they think it could be I would really appreciate it? My thoughts so far are either of the following:

    Bad Relay Chip

    Somethings Overheating

    Or something i have else.

    :)
     
    TryingToBeAFixer, Dec 24, 2022
    #1
  2. Glenn Rue Win User

    Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen.

    Is there anyplace you could narrow it down to for the hardware issue? I ran it the other day and filmed it just to catch what it was doing. It ran for an hour and then began flickering almost as the hdmi was disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. I'm puzzled on trying to figure out how to possibly fix it.
    Good evening, TryingToBeAFixer.

    To be perfectly honest with you, we don't handle hardware issues with an Xbox in the level you seem to be expecting. I actually get the impression from your previous reply that you want to fix this on your own. That's reinforced by the fact that you replaced the Wi-Fi card and applied thermal paste to the motherboard your Xbox. By opening up the Xbox though you have both voided the warranty and basically tampered with the device which we highly discourage.

    Keep in mind, when someone posts a hardware issue with an Xbox device here in the forums, we automatically ask you to try the troubleshooting steps that are in our Getting your Xbox device serviced guide.

    If those steps don't resolve the issue, we then advise you to have the device serviced as detailed in our Getting your Xbox device serviced guide. In a nutshell, we ask you to have the device shipped out to one of our service centers and we fix it.

    We don't encourage users to fix the internal components of an Xbox on their own. That's the reason why you won't see any official Microsoft guide or video when searching online on how to replace an internal component of an Xbox:

    https://www.bing.com/search?q=repla...1011435892681EBE307F1504&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

    I hope that clears up the confusion.

    Respectfully,

  3. Glenn Rue Win User

    Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen.

    Good afternoon, TryingToBeAFixer!



    Welcome to the Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our warmest regards and sincerest hope that all is well.



    From the description provided it seems your Xbox One console works fine for about 15 to 20 minutes and then just goes to a black screen.



    This sounds a lot like a hardware issue. Probably a component in the motherboard failing. I checked our Hardware & networking guide on this, and these are the two closest scenarios that are applicable for your issue:

    1) Troubleshoot Xbox console unexpectedly turning off

    2) Troubleshooting a blank TV screen or monitor while your Xbox is on

    Both provide some troubleshooting steps for you to try on your own. But ultimately if none of them resolves this issue the device needs to be repaired or serviced by one of our technicians. That might present a challenge though since you've opened up the device.



    Respectfully,





    Forum Moderator

    Microsoft Community
  4. TryingToBeAFixer Win User

    Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen.

    Is there anyplace you could narrow it down to for the hardware issue? I ran it the other day and filmed it just to catch what it was doing. It ran for an hour and then began flickering almost as the hdmi was disconnecting and reconnecting constantly. I'm puzzled on trying to figure out how to possibly fix it.
  5. Bazajaytee Win User

    Black Screen after Green logo screen

    Usually after a cold reboot you will get the green screen and then a black screen. That is intended. Allow the Xbox One to keep booting up for a few minutes if you haven't already left it to continue loading. I suggest leaving it for 5-10 minutes when the
    screen goes black to ensure it has had time to do what it is doing.

    If you get the error text again, make note of it and contact Microsoft Support.
  6. dabowKntz23 Win User

    GTA 5 Black Screen

    Gta 5 works for me yesterday but now after like 10 minutes of playing it just goes black screened what do I do someone plz help me
Thema:

Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen.

Loading...
  1. Xbox One works for fifteen minutes then goes to a black screen. - Similar Threads - works fifteen minutes

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  4. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  5. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  6. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  7. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  8. CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media

    in XboX Insiders
    CoD WWII works with the new Disc to Digital Media: I went through all of my Xbox One games to see which of them worked. The first game I tried was CoD WWII cause that’s my go to daily CoD game has been for a while, so I updated my Xbox since I was...
  9. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  10. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....