Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

Discus and support Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IckyLime, Dec 24, 2023.

  1. IckyLime
    IckyLime Guest

    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.


    So I recently upgraded and setting up my series X I had it plugged directly into my tv and the picture was perfect and great. I have a soundbar that I use and when I plugged the series X into the soundbar the picture gets squished and distorted but the Xbox one with the soundbar was normal and fine. What do I have to do to fix that?

    :)
     
    IckyLime, Dec 24, 2023
    #1
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

    Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

    Hello IckyLime,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

    I am very sorry for what you are going through, there are several things you can try to solve this problem:

    Check your soundbar settings.

    Make sure it is set to the correct resolution and refresh rate.
    Check your TV settings.

    Make sure it is set so that the resolution and refresh rate are correct.
    Check the cables you connect to your sound bar.

    Make sure they are connected correctly and are not damaged.

    Update your soundbar firmware.

    Updated firmware may fix known issues.

    Reset your sound bar. This may reset the soundbar settings to default values.

    If you have tried all of these steps and are still having problems, you can try the following:

    Contact Microsoft customer service. They can help solve the problem.

    Specifically, for your problem, the sound bar may not support the resolution or refresh rate of the Xbox Series X.

    You can try changing the sound bar settings to see if this fixes the problem.

    You can also try connecting the Xbox Series X directly to the TV and see if that fixes the issue.

    Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-sound

    I have done all these things. It started about a week ago and hasn't stopped.

    Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. Helloimbob Win User

    Xbox Series X Dolby Atmos sound delay

    Hi,

    unfortunately the series x doesnt have an optical audio out port so that is not an option - and that also doesnt solve the issue which is specific to dolby atmos.

    So according to the manual for the panasonic soundbar i need to run two hdmi cables from the xbox - one to the tv for dolby vision/ALLM and then a second one to the soundbar for the sound

    Obviously theres only one HDMI out socket on the series x so i assume this is not possible?
  4. ngocphi Win User

    Not playable on this device?

    You are misunderstanding how it works

    You can pre-order games all you want doesn't mean you can download and play series s/x consoles games

    Xbox one games are just xbox one games it doesn't matter which xbox one you have all xbox one games work with xbox one

    This is why series consoles are labeled series not xbox one series s
  5. CarstenH.1 Win User

    Call of Duty will not play

    I have The same Problem,Xbox one x works without Problems,purchased The crossgen Bundle for my new series x and IT doesn't start !
  6. sidarora1 Win User

    Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

    I have the same problem with My xbox one x and 950 soundbar. I get audio delay once I enable Dolby atmos via the audio settings on my hdmi, but the soundbar works great with all other devices, cable TV, apple TV 4k. I've literally tried everything and
    I'm thinking is has something to do with the Dolby atmos application. I've used optical and other sources and they sound good, obviously not Dolby atmos but they work. I don't think it's my TV or soundbar. I've also replaced the xbox one x to a new xbox one
    x and same issue. It has to be a bug in the atmos connection from the speakers to the xbox. It's super frustrating. Not sure what else to do until I new update comes out.
Thema:

Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't.

Loading...
  1. Xbox one worked with soundbar but Xbox series X doesn't. - Similar Threads - worked soundbar series

  2. Halo servers not working on Xbox series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo servers not working on Xbox series X: Has anybody had a problem for those that play a game like Halo 5: Guardians, where every time I boot up the game it freezes on the part where it shows the 343 Industries logo, then it would fully...
  3. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  4. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  5. The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.

    in XboX Insiders
    The Quick resume in Call of Duty Cold War doesn't work.: Currently in the Skip-Ahead ring the quick resume of Call of Duty Cold War is not working. Instead it happens as on Xbox One, when you change the game it closes having to open it and load it...
  6. Report a problem button not working properly.

    in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem button not working properly.: I hold the Xbox button and push “report a problem” it says “gathering information” but that’s as far as it goes. It’s ironic to me that the report a problem button is causing issues. submitted by...
  7. Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital not working on my xbox series x.: Hi Xbox, I am trying to get the disc to digital on my Series X. However, I am unable to join Insider peogram and don't get the option for Delta Update submitted by /u/FarBath3275 [link] [comments]
  8. Soundbar no longer working with PC. Works with PS5

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Soundbar no longer working with PC. Works with PS5: My soundbar has suddenly stopped working for PC. It works for my PS5 but makes no sound for my PC. It is slected as my device and is recognized and the system is sending sound but there is no...
  9. Will my TV / Soundbar setup work with my Xbox One?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Will my TV / Soundbar setup work with my Xbox One?: Hi! I am hoping to run the following items synonymously without any hick-ups. Will this work? 1. Xbox One X (own) 2. Sony 65” x750h TV (own) 3. Sony s200f soundbar (last piece of the puzzle...
  10. audio to soundbar doesn't work for dvd's and games, but does for Netflix

    in XBoX on Consoles
    audio to soundbar doesn't work for dvd's and games, but does for Netflix: Can anyone help an old dad out? :) My son has an XBox 360, and I have the HDMI out to a monitor, and digital audio out separately to a soundbar. The soundbar also is capable of using RCA. He...