Xbox one won't update

Discus and support Xbox one won't update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I try to update my Xbox I get the error code 0x8007045D 0x00000000 0x90000005 8b9ed7f4-71dc-42e6-9d5e-766bb4453493 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Straight Lag, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Straight Lag
    Straight Lag Guest

Xbox one won't update

Every time I try to update my Xbox I get the error code 0x8007045D 0x00000000 0x90000005

:)

Straight Lag, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Xbox One won't update

My Xbox one won't update. I've tried several times. After several hours the console turns off but never restarts. When I eventually turn it back on it says I need to update. This is very frustrating and makes the console completely unusable. Is there a fix?
    Has anyone else had this problem,

StealthyPrawn21, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest
    Xbox One won't update

Hey StealthyPrawn21! Sorry to hear about the updating issue you're having. Does the console start downloading the update and get stuck or do you never get to the point of starting the update? Are you using a wireless or wired connection? Post back and let
    us know!

Mister Cizl, Oct 14, 2017
  4. Xbox one won't update

I'm the same as you , who can help me ?

ZestyClamp34174, Oct 26, 2017
  5. JohnQuinter Win User

Xbox one won't update

I've been messing with this for weeks. Originally when I turn on the Xbox I would get a black screen. I could access the side menu by pressing the home button on the controller and it would pull up my recently used apps or games but when I would click on My apps and games nothing would happen. Now I can't access anything. Soon as I turn it on it says I need an update. Then update fails. Thanks again for taking the time to help.
  6. MateusFontana Win User

Xbox one won't update

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Given the problem you are having, I suggest you try the solution below, please.

1. Turn off Xbox One.
    2. Unplug power.
    3. Plug the power back to Xbox One 30 seconds later.
    4. Press and hold Bind and Eject at the same time (don't release).
    5. Press and release the Power button, and then you will hear the startup chime.
    6. When you hear the second startup chime, you can release the bind and eject buttons.
    7. Select Reset this Xbox on the screen.
    8. Select Keep games and apps.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if this solves your problem, please.
  7. ZestyClamp34174 Win User

Xbox one won't update

I'm the same as you , who can help me ?
  8. Mister Cizl Win User

Xbox One won't update

Hey StealthyPrawn21! Sorry to hear about the updating issue you're having. Does the console start downloading the update and get stuck or do you never get to the point of starting the update? Are you using a wireless or wired connection? Post back and let
    us know!
  9. JohnQuinter Win User

Xbox one won't update

Yeah that's what I thought it might be. Anyway appreciate your help. Have a good day. Thanks again.
Thema:

Xbox one won't update

1. Xbox one won't update - Similar Threads - won't update

2. Just had an update for Grounded on PC. Now it won't launch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just had an update for Grounded on PC. Now it won't launch?: Running Windows 11. Tried launching from both Xbox and Microsoft Store Apps. Grounded launching window opens and then disappears without opening game. Checked to see if it was running in Task...
  3. my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my games and apps won't update. anyone have any idea in how to fix it?: i have tried everything xbox support had linked to me and nothing worked. is there any thing i can do to fix this? d544534b-a916-4fc9-b731-6a64e9afa5cf
  4. Fallout 76 for PC won't launch after update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 for PC won't launch after update.: Is any one else experiencing Fallout 76 fast closing after attempting to sign in on the XBox PC version of Fallout 76 after todays update? e9e3d7f1-5ad3-4227-a11f-bd4f3f71b629
  5. My minecraft marketplace purchased world keeps telling me to update it and won't let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft marketplace purchased world keeps telling me to update it and won't let me...: I've tried resetting my ip and reinstalling minecraft and other fixes, it's only with this particular world (juliette's manor) that I have this issue with as well, others work fine Please help...
  6. Windows 11 update won't let me open my apps.

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 update won't let me open my apps.: I built a computer recently, just installed windows 11. A few days ago it was working just fine. After I updated it whenever I click on an app it will show the loading wheel and then do nothing. I...
  7. Xbox won't update on dorm wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't update on dorm wifi: I have an Xbox Series S - 512gb that I got around may of this year. I'm living in a dorm right now that has a seperate wifi network for consoles. Whenever my Xbox tries to update using the schools...
  8. Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020

in XboX Insiders
    Some Games on Xbox PC App Won't Update with 0x80070020: The full text of the error is, "You can't change your default install location while that folder is in use." The thing is, I'm not. The game is installed on a data drive separate from the OS...
  9. I turned my console off while it was updating, now my xbox won't go back online and I cant...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I turned my console off while it was updating, now my xbox won't go back online and I cant...: I turned off my xbox while it updated because it was taking extremely long so that I could play offline, now when i go to the updates page there are no updates and my xbox says I'm online but...
  10. Why won't my Subnautica update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my Subnautica update?: So I have had Subnautica since game preview, but my Xbox won't update Subnautica to the newest version. The version I am stuck on is 1.1.2480.0 which was the version from July 2021. Does anyone...