Xbox One Won't Turn On

Discus and support Xbox One Won't Turn On in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Back in December 2015 my Xbox one stopped working. When I plug in the power supply the light flashes orange than white and repeats that pattern 3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BOMBINCoC, Oct 20, 2017.

1. BOMBINCoC
    BOMBINCoC Guest

Xbox One Won't Turn On

Back in December 2015 my Xbox one stopped working. When I plug in the power supply the light flashes orange than white and repeats that pattern 3 times then stays orange. I can hit the power on button once during the first time the light turns white, then
    the Xbox makes the chime noise like it's going to turn on, but the white light on the Xbox one doesn't turn on. Then after that no matter how many times I hit the power button nothing happens. Can someone please tell me what is going on with my Xbox one and
    how to fix it? It's been like this for 2 years now and I would like to be able to play it again. Or maybe someone please tell me how to diagnose the problem with the xbox one to figure out what I said going on?

:)

BOMBINCoC, Oct 20, 2017
  2. simply0swag
    simply0swag Guest
    Xbox One won't turn on?

I returned home from college about a week ago and tried to turn on my Xbox One, and it failed to start. I did some research, and was lead to believe that it was an issue with the power supply - I would turn the Xbox on, the button would light up, and the
    console would play the "On" sound. However, instead of a solid white, the light on the power brick would blink orange and white. This would be also accompanied with some intermittent humming/buzzing from the power brick. This would happen for a few seconds
    before stopping completely.

I tried "hard resetting" by holding the power button for 10 seconds, and I also replaced the power supply entirely, none of which helped.

The last time it worked for me was shortly after Thanksgiving - I updated the console and actually left to go back to school before it finished - maybe it shut down mid-update? Or the update itself caused this problem?

But yeah, my main question is, having already replaced the power supply, is this definitely a hardware issue or did I miss something? And if it IS bricked, what can I do? I tried registering the console on the Xbox website - that didn't work, and any warranty
    is probably expired by now anyways.

Thanks so much

simply0swag, Oct 20, 2017
  3. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    ChiefJoboo, Oct 20, 2017
  4. yFoX inSanuS Win User

Xbox one won't turn on.

5. JursAhcbj Win User

Xbox one won't turn on

If it won't turn on unplug it and leave it alone for about an hour and if that doesn't work you might need a new power brick.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

xbox one won't turns on

7. DAZZA 433 Win User

xbox one won't turns on

Usually this is an issue with the consoles power supply, Which model of Xbox do you own?

If it is the original xbox one then you can try another power supply but if it is an S or X then usually you would need to send these in for repair through the xbox online service and warranty centre.

this link may help out https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/console-wont-power-on
  8. lukeninham Win User

Xbox one won't turn on

how do I contact xbox support
Thema:

Xbox One Won't Turn On

1. Xbox One Won't Turn On - Similar Threads - Won't Turn

2. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  3. My Halo 5 edition Xbox One won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Halo 5 edition Xbox One won't turn on: The Xbox makes the startup sound when I press the button, but cuts out halfway through the sound and continues after. I already tried another power supply and it didn't help. I made a video on my...
  4. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5
  5. My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it...: My Xbox series 2 controller won't charge or turn on yesterday it wasent charging and it died and not letting me turn it back on no matter how many cables I try wont even let me charge it again I...
  6. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  7. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  8. Why won't my xbox one s turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox one s turn on: Hi guys, for the past month now my xbox one s refuses to turn on, but it shows the light for a second. I thought the problem was with the air vents so I cleaned them but nothing changed. I saw a...
  9. My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s console won't turn on, but the fan keeps trying to start if i plug it in. It...: I don't understand why it's doing this, but i have a hunch. My little sister got some cleaner on it but i don't think any actually got inside, so i don't think it's that. I've tried a hard reboot...
  10. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345