Xbox One won't turn off automatically

Discus and support Xbox One won't turn off automatically in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have my Xbox One set to turn off after 1 hour of inactivity, but it won't turn off automatically at all. It used to turn off automatically, but about... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FIREPRO0F, Nov 8, 2015.

1. FIREPRO0F
    FIREPRO0F Guest

I have my Xbox One set to turn off after 1 hour of inactivity, but it won't turn off automatically at all. It used to turn off automatically, but about a month ago it just stopped doing it. Anyone know what's going on?

:)

FIREPRO0F, Nov 8, 2015
  2. CodyMacPhee
    CodyMacPhee Guest
    Xbox One S won't automatically turn on/off

Hello,

I am having issues getting my Xbox to turn my TV on and off whenever the system turns on or off. It is using a CEC enabled HDMI 2.0 port on my Hisense 50H6C TV. The Xbox recognizes the TV and automatically selects the remote codes but it does not work.

This feature works fine with an amazon fire tv, PS4, and Nintendo Switch but I cannot get it working on my new One S.

Is there something else I need to do? I cannot find other remote codes anywhere. The system auto-detects T3519 as my remote code.

CodyMacPhee, Nov 8, 2015
  3. SirWeenieMan
    SirWeenieMan Guest
    Game Updates not Auto Downloading

Why won't my Xbox one X automatically download updates overnight or during the day? I have to start the game, then it closes and starts and update when one is found. My current settings:

Updates:

Console: Keep console up to date - Checked

Games and Apps: When this is enabled your Xbox will automatically apply background updates to your games and apps: Checked

Power and startup;

-Turn off after: Do not turn off automatically.

-Power Mode - Instant-On

- When Xbox is off, turn off storage - Unchecked

SirWeenieMan, Nov 8, 2015
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

Do you have Kinect?

IF Kinect sees movement it can keep the xbox active so it doesn't shut down

Malacath, Nov 8, 2015
  5. Liam Kasif Win User

Xbox One automatically turns on and off

I believe resetting the console may have fixed the issue! I well let you know if the issue continues, but thank you for the support!

Kind regards,

Liam. :)
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Liam,

Do you have the console plugged into a power strip or extension cord? This could cause issues with the power for the console. If the console is try plugging it directly into a wall socket and see if the issue persists. If it does after that you may want
    to think about getting the console repaired as it may be malfunctioning. You can go to

Device support
    and set one up.

Thanks,

Brad
  7. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one turns off automatically

8. Liam Kasif Win User

Unfortunately, after a couple of days of it running completely fine and bug free, it decided that it wanted to go back to its old state and continue to make the sound.

I appreciate all of the help that you have given me though!

Liam.
  9. iesdtd Win User

Xbox one turns off automatically

Thema:

1. Xbox One won't turn off automatically - Similar Threads - won't turn off

2. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  3. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  4. Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S froze on main menu and xbox won't stay turned off.: I have a 1 yr old Series S, it froze on the homescreen and none of the controller buttons do anything. I can turn it off with the power button on the Xbox but it randomly turns itself back on like...
  5. Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S won't stay on, it clicks then turns off.: Hi , so my Series S randomly stopped working. Every time I try to turn it on it'll light up for a second, make a click and turn off. My first thought was cable/powerstrip, so I tried it on it's on...
  6. Xbox won't turn off and is frozen.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't turn off and is frozen.: Yesterday Read Dead Redemption 2 froze, glitched, and crashed and I can no longer open it. Today my Xbox one (white edition) worked as normal, we were watching videos on the YouTube app. We...
  7. Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X won't connect to tv and turns off after 30 seconds?: My Xbox series X, that I've had without issue for a few months, won't connect to the tv anymore and it turns off after around 30 seconds. The fan doesn't seem to be spinning correctly either- it...
  8. Series X games wont load controllers won't connect/turn off

in XboX Insiders
    Series X games wont load controllers won't connect/turn off: Hello, I can use all apps and watch streaming shows,browse and purchase from store and everything else. But when i try to launch any games (including disk) either goes to black screen or goes...
  9. Why won't my settings save when I turn off my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my settings save when I turn off my Xbox 360?: My settings won't save when I turn off the console 921a7cd0-cdab-42ec-98ec-2f5856439bfa
  10. How do I turn off a pack that won't even let me turn it off?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off a pack that won't even let me turn it off?: I downloaded a pack that just won't let me turn it off or delete it. And the only way I think I could do it is by deleting Minecraft and downloading it again. But there is a really important world...