Xbox One won't stop shutting itself down

Discus and support Xbox One won't stop shutting itself down in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay. I'm not sure if this is common or not, but my Xbox refuses to stop shutting itself down. It used to only happen like every week, but now every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SilverWolfSnake, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Xbox One won't stop shutting itself down

Okay. I'm not sure if this is common or not, but my Xbox refuses to stop shutting itself down. It used to only happen like every week, but now every single time I turn it on, it shuts itself down and I can't turn it back on until I unplug it for 10 seconds
    and plug it back in, only for it to **** down again. I've tried cleaning the top. Nope, doesn't work. Okay, maybe I should plug it into a new power source. Well that doesn't make sense because everything else in the extension cord works perfectly fine. I've
    tried everything I can, but nothing works. Please help. (If this helps, this happens every time I play Warframe.)

:)

SilverWolfSnake, Oct 18, 2017
  2. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Help with HDMI Control

TV's can auto detect if a port stops being used and shut down, my TV i have will shut itself down if i have a pc connected to it and i shut the pc down. This might be on your tv, look for settings about connections and shutting down.

Xbox doesn't turn your tv off like that, when it turns the system on for instance it does it with kinnect doing a spectrum spread that is basically bombarding the room so it hits the tv.

cross44, Oct 18, 2017
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Xbox shutting down by itself

Hi Unltd144,

If the XBOX 360's power supply is displaying a red color for any reason or acting up like this where it randomly turns off it's likely the power supply needs to be changed. Not sure if you've tried this but have you directly plugged the XBOX 360 power supply
    into a wall outlet and not a power strip? This can sometimes cause problems like this so please make sure of that before you continue further.

If the problem still persists after you've plugged the power supply directly into a wall outlet then it's likely your power supply needs to be replaced. Please visit this site here to
    request an exchange for your power supply. There's no way to just fix this issue yourself, it will require that the power supply be replaced.

Assuming your console is under warranty it's an even exchange, they send you instructions on where to send the power supply, you follow the instructions, they receive the power supply and send you one right back.

Hopefully that will be the end of your problems.

HassanB, Oct 18, 2017
  4. Xbox One won't stop shutting itself down

Hey there SilverWolfSnake,

Sorry to hear about your console shutting down randomly. Make sure your console is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector/power strip. The Xbox One console has a built in surge protector, so if it's connected to another one, it's very
    possible that there could be a power issue going on. If that doesn't help, be sure to try the steps on our guide

HERE
    and see if it works out.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Oct 19, 2017
  5. I'm thinking it's a problem with the power brick. I can watch YouTube videos and talk with friends, but if I start a game, it will shut down completely. When I look at the brick when it happens, there's no light.

SilverWolfSnake, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Interesting, that's certainly possible as well. Do you have a friend or family member with an Xbox One console that you could test the power supply with?

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Mister Mascot Win User

I'm thinking it's a problem with the power brick. I can watch YouTube videos and talk with friends, but if I start a game, it will shut down completely. When I look at the brick when it happens, there's no light.
    Interesting, that's certainly possible as well. Do you have a friend or family member with an Xbox One console that you could test the power supply with?

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  8. SilverWolfSnake Win User

I'm thinking it's a problem with the power brick. I can watch YouTube videos and talk with friends, but if I start a game, it will shut down completely. When I look at the brick when it happens, there's no light.
  9. Mister Mascot Win User

Hey there SilverWolfSnake,

Sorry to hear about your console shutting down randomly. Make sure your console is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector/power strip. The Xbox One console has a built in surge protector, so if it's connected to another one, it's very
    possible that there could be a power issue going on. If that doesn't help, be sure to try the steps on our guide

HERE
    and see if it works out.

Xbox Forums Staff

Insider Program Forums

HERE
    for the best info.
  10. MindedThunder81 Win User

Force quitting games before shutting down console?

Most of the time the console will shut itself down properly. Sometimes it won't, but that's usually not too often.
  11. Vivekd-49AF986B-9430 Win User

Xbox shutting down by itself

Thema:

1. Xbox One won't stop shutting itself down - Similar Threads - won't stop shutting

2. My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won't stop scrolling up on certain apps: The controller works perfectly fine while playing videogames and using most apps. On the home screen it is very sensitive and jumps around a lot but does not get stuck in any direction but for...
  3. Lazy coders won't stop n word use on Microsoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lazy coders won't stop n word use on Microsoft: Go online on any Xbox game you get yelled at screamed at an mass reported from the people who never get muted or banned. How come Microsoft you take my money tell me I have to play by the rules...
  4. Fallout 4 gotye won't install. It just keeps stopping the installation and I have no idea...

in XboX Insiders
    Fallout 4 gotye won't install. It just keeps stopping the installation and I have no idea...: Title submitted by /u/i-mald [link] [comments]
  5. My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error...: My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error code 0x80073cf9 and uninstalling it just leads back to installation stopped, console is 6yrs old now....
  6. Gamesharing won't stop sharing.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamesharing won't stop sharing.: I gameshare with a friend, I set my Xbox as my new home, I deleted my account from his Xbox altogether but for some reason he still has access to all of my games. How do I stop this?...
  7. ''Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge'' App won't stop updating. (ASA)

in XboX Insiders
    ''Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge'' App won't stop updating. (ASA): After the latest update for Alpha-Skip-Ahead I have a new app called ''Remote Tools for Microsoft Edge'' and I've noticed it keeps acting like it needs an update but even after installing, it...
  8. Someone made bot accounts constantly add me and it won't stop

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone made bot accounts constantly add me and it won't stop: Does anyone know what to do c76516bb-36c1-4b61-8ace-955203aabae8
  9. My headset has been making a static noise and won't stop. Is there anything I can do to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset has been making a static noise and won't stop. Is there anything I can do to...: My headsets have been making a static noise with the past 3 headsets I've had within the past 2 months. However, the static noise isn't constant. It just happens at random times, and it's more...
  10. My headset has been making a static noise and won't stop. Is there anything I can do to...

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset has been making a static noise and won't stop. Is there anything I can do to...: My headsets have been making a static noise with the past 3 headsets I've had within the past 2 months. However, the static noise isn't constant. It just happens at random times, and it's more...