Xbox One Wont Start

Discus and support Xbox One Wont Start in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever my Xbox One has been off for a while when I press the power button it makes the start up noise and the light on the power brick changes from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr SpinelesS, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Mr SpinelesS
    Mr SpinelesS Guest

Xbox One Wont Start

Whenever my Xbox One has been off for a while when I press the power button it makes the start up noise and the light on the power brick changes from orange to white for a few seconds, and then returns to orange and the Xbox doesn't start.

I have read a lot of posts where this has been happening to others, and most of the responses say its probably a power pack issue, or a loose cable but I don't believe that's the problem for 1 reason.

If I stick a game into the blu-ray drive the xbox one boots up. (it also powers up fine if it has only been powered off for a short while.)

With this current work around I can use my Xbox, but if it's cause by faulty hardware I want to know so I can get this problem fixed (I payed for a fully working Xbox, not a substandard one...)

:)

Mr SpinelesS, Jan 3, 2014
  2. AlphaMerc1
    AlphaMerc1 Guest
    Xbox one wont start

Yesterday I tried to turn on my xbox one and nothing would happen. taping the power button did nothing and trying via remote and it wouldnt turn on the console. the cords are all plugged in and the power brick is giving off a yellow light. What can i do
    to fix this?

AlphaMerc1, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Delta4 SJ
    Delta4 SJ Guest
    Xbox one wont start

Is the power brick hot to touch?

Delta4 SJ, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Eric_1138
    Eric_1138 Guest

Xbox One Wont Start

I'm having the same issue. As of right now I have not found any solutions yet. I'm now on my last option, getting it replaced.

Eric_1138, Jan 3, 2014
  5. Cozza1985
    Cozza1985 Guest
    I had this same problem on launch day, but after 20 minutes of pressing the power on button it sparked into life. Didn't have any problems until last Friday coming home after a couple of days away for Xmas. I had turned my xbox one off at the wall & tried
    to power on & it just wouldn't power on.

Got an advanced replacement last week & it powered on fine. So you will need to get your xbox one replaced. I'm using the same power brick too, so it's an issue with the console powering on & not the power brick.

Cozza1985, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Wiles731 Win User

Xbox One "Original Avatar" won't load.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/errors/xbox-one-app-wont-start
    the problem is not with starting. the app starts just fine. it just wont load my original xbox avatar
  7. Delta4 SJ Win User

Xbox one wont start

Is the power brick hot to touch?
  8. maxen Win User

Xbox one wont start

Could you try unplugging the console completely and then re-attach all cables? Even unplugging the cable that goes from wall to power supply unit. Try a different wall socket too.

Let us know how you get on.
  9. Kenny H. Win User

Xbox one wont Start

10. Cozza1985 Win User

Xbox One Wont Start

I had this same problem on launch day, but after 20 minutes of pressing the power on button it sparked into life. Didn't have any problems until last Friday coming home after a couple of days away for Xmas. I had turned my xbox one off at the wall & tried
    to power on & it just wouldn't power on.

Got an advanced replacement last week & it powered on fine. So you will need to get your xbox one replaced. I'm using the same power brick too, so it's an issue with the console powering on & not the power brick.
Thema:

Xbox One Wont Start

1. Xbox One Wont Start - Similar Threads - Wont Start

2. Youtube app wont start

in XBoX on Windows
    Youtube app wont start: Youtube app wont start It says “sorry couldn’t connect to youtube” i tried restarting, unplugging for 5,10 and 60 minutes and even overnight , uninstalling, cache delete, everything possible , it...
  3. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  4. Help please, my cloud gaming wont start on my xbox concole..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help please, my cloud gaming wont start on my xbox concole..: Yesterday i play all day long no problem!, but now my cloud gaming won't open.. i need help please. I already try a couple online tips ; Restart internet modem, disconnect xbox from internet then...
  5. so it started with a unlock account and it worked but it kept happening and now it wont...

in XBoX Accessibility
    so it started with a unlock account and it worked but it kept happening and now it wont...: so it started with a unlock account and it worked but it kept happening and now it wont even let me do the this on account.live.com it saysWe cannot send a text message to this number. i need help...
  6. Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490: Yesterday it worked normal i played like 3 hours. Today I startet and it didn´t work anymore. First it wrote something like I should download the app installer and I tryed that but it didn´t work...
  7. help please, minecraft launcher wont start offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    help please, minecraft launcher wont start offline: when i try to start the minecraft launcher online, it works right. but all of a sudden when i try it offline, it gives me error code (0x1), only telling me "the game has crashed." i tried updating...
  8. My Roblox from the chrome wont start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Roblox from the chrome wont start.: When im joining a Roblox game. Roblox is loading but after its done, it wont join into the game i selected 1f80c606-fffc-43d3-9dda-ce93c199124d
  9. Installed football manager 2023 from microsoft store and it wont start, How do I solve the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed football manager 2023 from microsoft store and it wont start, How do I solve the...: I purchuased it using a code from cdkeys, my PC fits the requirements to run the game and I have tried many things to fix it including: 1. I updated my graphics driver 2. ran it as...
  10. forza horizon 5 wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 wont start: hello so my fh5 istn starting anymore its just showing me the client window with sync data not even the sync data popup window i tried resetting it deinstalling it changing priorities and also...