Xbox one won't play offline

Discus and support Xbox one won't play offline in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NautiDog421, Oct 7, 2017.

1. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest

I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox 360 backward compatible games). On Sept 28 I moved onto a ship with limited or no internet. My games
    played fine offline until today (Oct 7), and now the two games that I've been playing offline will not play. It keeps telling me to check my internet connection and to sigh in to xbox live, even though I am set to offline. I am signed into the xbox with
    my user profile, but not signed in to xbox live. The two games are Call Of Duty Ghosts and Rage. I've not tried the others yet because the discs are not handy.

When playing the games previously, if I did not go to offline mode, I would get the messages to check my connection (I was connected, but at dialup speeds, approx 5-20 kbps), so I found that going to offline mode always corrected the problem. Until today.
    No internet, no play.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

:)

NautiDog421, Oct 7, 2017
  2. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest
    Xbox One S won't play offline

I purchased a new Xbox One on Sept 18/17 while on land, and while connected to high speed internet, I installed, updated, and ran about 18 games (Xbox 360 backward compatible games). On Sept 28 I moved onto a ship with limited or no internet. My games
    played fine offline until today (Oct 7), and now the two games that I've been playing offline will not play. It keeps telling me to check my internet connection and to sigh in to xbox live, even though I am set to offline. I am signed into the xbox with
    my user profile, but not signed in to xbox live. The two games are Call Of Duty Ghosts and Rage. I've not tried the others yet because the discs are not handy.

When playing the games previously, if I did not go to offline mode, I would get the messages to check my connection (I was connected, but at dialup speeds, approx 5-20 kbps), so I found that going to offline mode always corrected the problem. Until today.
    No internet, no play.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

NautiDog421, Oct 7, 2017
  3. suavejoey
    suavejoey Guest
    Xbox one games

Does anyone know what games on Xbox one that do not require a connection to play offline? I recently bought my Xbox one and it won't let me play offline. I thought that it was fixed to where you only needed to connect once and could play offline as much
    as you wanted.

suavejoey, Oct 7, 2017
  4. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest

Sounds like it just needs to connect online briefly to re-do the licensing. I could be wrong, but connect even briefly when you can and I hope it helps.

JohnnyXeo, Oct 7, 2017
  5. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest
    After being connected for 80 minutes (at dial-up speeds -it's all I've got) I finally got a game to start. Unfortunately my daily power alotment onboard is only 90 minutes/day, so I just had time to start the game and then shut down.

I still don't know if this is related to being connected, or just my relentless attempts over 80 minutes to get it to run. I need to know this as we sometimes go "dark" (no internet) for weeks. Do i need internet for my xbox to work, or not? Thanks.

NautiDog421, Oct 12, 2017
  6. To play digital games, you will need to be connected to Xbox live. If you don't have access to internet I would suggest buying some games on disk.

Hope this helps, Happy Gaming!!!

Castellus Zemi, Oct 13, 2017
  7. NautiDog421
    NautiDog421 Guest
    Thanks for the idea, but All of my games are on disk, so don't require Xbox live. And still won't play.

Is this the proper place to be posting my question to get a response or support from the support team? Or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks for any guidance.

NautiDog421, Nov 2, 2018
  8. NautiDog421 Win User

To play digital games, you will need to be connected to Xbox live. If you don't have access to internet I would suggest buying some games on disk.

Thanks for the idea, but All of my games are on disk, so don't require Xbox live. And still won't play.

Is this the proper place to be posting my question to get a response or support from the support team? Or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks for any guidance.
  9. Castellus Zemi Win User

To play digital games, you will need to be connected to Xbox live. If you don't have access to internet I would suggest buying some games on disk.

10. NautiDog421 Win User

Sounds like it just needs to connect online briefly to re-do the licensing. I could be wrong, but connect even briefly when you can and I hope it helps.
    After being connected for 80 minutes (at dial-up speeds -it's all I've got) I finally got a game to start. Unfortunately my daily power alotment onboard is only 90 minutes/day, so I just had time to start the game and then shut down.

I still don't know if this is related to being connected, or just my relentless attempts over 80 minutes to get it to run. I need to know this as we sometimes go "dark" (no internet) for weeks. Do i need internet for my xbox to work, or not? Thanks.
  11. JohnnyXeo Win User

12. Bazajaytee Win User

Does xbox live reputation slowly rise regardless if you play online

Your reputation won't change if you play entirely offline.

There is no one to rate you so it won't go down and the rating system is for online behaviour so it won't go back up while offline otherwise people would exploit it and just play offline until they got good status back before going back online.
Thema:

1. Xbox one won't play offline - Similar Threads - won't play offline

2. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  3. My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox S series froze during play and not won't boot: During game play, the system froze and wouldn't turn off. I did a forced turning off and followed all the directions to reboot (including cleaning the unit of any dust). I only get the splash...
  4. my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox elite controller 2 won't stay connected only when I play games.: I've stayed in the testing mode to check response and nothing is wrong. I've left it on test mode for 1 hour constantly pressing buttons. no problems. when I play rainbow seige or any games all...
  5. The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black...: The YouTube app on my Series X won't allow certain videos to play. The screen goes black and nothing happens. I can play these videos on my phone, TV and tablet with no problem. I do NOT have...
  6. My external storage won't let me play games from it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage won't let me play games from it: Since I got my new xbox series x my external storage won't let me play games off it like I downloaded far cry 6 onto my external storage since my internal is full so I click on it and it come up...
  7. I have a triangle on my GTA and it won't let me play it now deleted it won't let me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a triangle on my GTA and it won't let me play it now deleted it won't let me...: I have a triangle on my GTA and it won't let me play it now deleted it won't let me re download it for some reason x d53e22e9-8d90-4433-956a-e7928622e4d1
  8. Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't Microsoft Families allow my kid to play multiplayer?: Hello, After spending HOURS following guides, downloading the xbox family app, increasing the allowed age settings, using both the PX family settings and the xbox app, and still my kid can't even...
  9. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  10. RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR2 won't let me play story mode even though I own the full game.: I recently purchased RDR2 on the Xbox store, the version that includes both story mode and online. I am confident it isn't just the online version. I installed it on my Xbox Series X - the file...