Xbox one won't do NAT type or go to home screen

Discus and support Xbox one won't do NAT type or go to home screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; While playing gta online on my main xbox one s, I will try to go to the home screen and it won't select it through the side menu, plus it won't let me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nightingale494, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Xbox one won't do NAT type or go to home screen

While playing gta online on my main xbox one s, I will try to go to the home screen and it won't select it through the side menu, plus it won't let me access my settings so I can do a NAT type. I am only having this issue with my main xbox one s and not
    on my secondary machine. These problems just started today and is getting frustrating as I end up having to shut my machine off and turn it back on in order to go back to the home screen. Can someone please help explain how to fix this?

:)

Nightingale494, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Xbox One Wireless Controller Issues

Both my Xbox one controllers won't let me go to the home screen or type in a app just started this afternoon...I'm eastern that was 12:45 a.m

CompoundChutoy, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Riot Ash
    Riot Ash Guest
    Xbox isn't working

My Xbox Nat type says unavailable and it won't let me open up any apps or games. Also my regular home screen seems to be glitches because no games or apps pop up I don't know what to do or what's wrong

Riot Ash, Nov 11, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

Try doing a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on and wait until it turns off, unplug your power cord until the light goes off. Plug it back in 30 sec and turn your console on

M3tal Daz3, Nov 11, 2018
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider Preview program?

When you say you have to "shut your machine off", do you really turn it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, or are you just sending it into "Instant On" connected standby?

You know you have actually turned the console off, whenever the console shows you a green boot screen with the Xbox One Logo during startup. If you don't see the green screen, your console was not actually turned off.

Arminator, Nov 11, 2018
  6. ThorX360
    ThorX360 Guest
    ThorX360, Nov 6, 2018
  7. ArminatorX Win User

Is your console enrolled in the Xbox Insider Preview program?

When you say you have to "shut your machine off", do you really turn it off by holding the power button for 10 seconds, or are you just sending it into "Instant On" connected standby?

You know you have actually turned the console off, whenever the console shows you a green boot screen with the Xbox One Logo during startup. If you don't see the green screen, your console was not actually turned off.
  8. ThorX360 Win User

9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Try doing a hard restart, hold the power button for 10 seconds while the system is on and wait until it turns off, unplug your power cord until the light goes off. Plug it back in 30 sec and turn your console on
  10. CompoundChutoy Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller Issues

Both my Xbox one controllers won't let me go to the home screen or type in a app just started this afternoon...I'm eastern that was 12:45 a.m
  11. SwampDawgg Win User

What does NAT Type mean?

My system info tells me that the NAT type is open from the xbox one home screen but when I go into a game (COD) it always shows it as moderate. Should I just shoot the whole system?????
Thema:

1. Xbox one won't do NAT type or go to home screen - Similar Threads - won't NAT type

2. My NAT type won't work

in XboX Networking Hardware
    My NAT type won't work: My NAT type won't work My NAT type randomly went strict and it won't let me go online, I've tried everything on google and it won't work and I'm very frustrated, I need help...
  3. NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type strict and won't change. May have to do a factory reset to fix it: My xbox NAT type is on strict and does not want to change. I have tried ports but none want to work to get me out of Strict NAT. At this point my other options are to do a factory reset or to...
  4. NAT type won't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type won't open: okay so my NAT Type has been strict ever since i got my Xbox one and i have tried to fix it but it only stays open for an hour before switching back to strict. I have tried port-forwarding all...
  5. Still having NAT issues. Nothing in the forums helps. Microsoft won't reply, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still having NAT issues. Nothing in the forums helps. Microsoft won't reply, what do I do?: I have made this post before, but it has been ignored, so I'm doing the only thing I can think of and making it again. My apologies for any spam, and I look forward to a constructive dialog once...
  6. nat type won't stay on open

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type won't stay on open: I have been having problems with nat now for a week I have tried the troubleshooting steps but nothing worked I also contacted my ISP and they sent me out a new router but still having nat...
  7. No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No matter what I do my NAT won't come off strict.: So I just moved back in from college and set up my xbox one, and my NAT won't be anything but strict. I tried port forwarding, when that didn't work i tried the DMZ hosting, then i tried changing...
  8. Nat type won't let me do anything. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type won't let me do anything. What do I do?: I'm on an Xbox 1 and recently I've been getting the X error when I try to join party chat and I'm unable to connect to GTA online. So I did some research and everyone is saying it's because of my...
  9. NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type Strict, won't change after trying everything.: Heyo, I'm having some bad issues playing Destiny on my XB One. Since I've just bought it a few days ago, I am kind of upset the only game I have I can't play very well online, which is its main...
  10. Nat won't open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat won't open: I followed this video exactly [MEDIA] only with a netgear WNR3500L router and it won't changed from moderate to open. When I first did it it was open for about 24 hours and then it changed back to...