Xbox One won’t display or respond to reset/controller

Discus and support Xbox One won’t display or respond to reset/controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have just encountered a problem with my original Xbox one. My Xbox was working fine, but now when I press the power button to try and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aura998, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Aura998
    Aura998 Guest

Hey guys, I have just encountered a problem with my original Xbox one.

My Xbox was working fine, but now when I press the power button to try and turn it on, the Xbox light will power on for like 20 secs, won’t show any display, and won’t respond to my controller (controller seems to force turn off the Xbox).

I have tried power Xbox resetting by holding the power off for 10 secs, I have disconnected the power supplyto power reset it. And have tried to do the hold ‘eject’ and Xbox button the restore it’s settings, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

My friend seems to think that it is a problem with the power supply and I need to get a replacement, but it seems to be working fine.. I really just need some help, I’ll provide more information if required.

Thanks in in advance for your advice. Alex

:)

Aura998, Nov 3, 2019
  2. AyeeJamesy Win User

Unplug your console for a few minutes. Use a micro-USB cable you know is good (try others if the first doesn't work) to connect your controller to the system.
    Plug your Xbox back in and turn it on using the power button on the system. Don't press anything on the controller until the Xbox boots up see if this works
  3. Wishcatcher Win User

4. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox One not loading after changing display output

Hi, make sure you have removed that usb flash drive before trying the display reset otherwise it won’t work.

It's also worth noting that when it states to press and hold the Xbox button it's the power button on the Xbox not the Xbox button on the controller.
  5. Hojat Moradi Win User

Controller suddenly stops working while playing GTA online.

I hope this works because it’s really frustrating, everytime when I play gta online my controller suddenly won’t respond.
  6. BIGKr4ken82 Win User

Xbox one Seagate game drive stopped working

Thanks for responding I’m using an Xbox one s. I have used the troubleshooting guide above and it still won’t register and there is no light on the game drive
Thema:

1. Xbox One won’t display or respond to reset/controller - Similar Threads - won’t display respond

2. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox display on my tv?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t my Xbox display on my tv?: Basically, my Xbox is connected up to my tv, it was working fine earlier in the day now it isn’t. No body touched it or has been on it since this morning and now it won’t display on my tv and I...
  4. On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox series X, half of the screen won’t display on the TV for certain games. How can...: [img] Here is a picture. It happens with Far Cry and PuBG. Fortnite and other games work fine. abbf130c-cf13-4c1d-9e41-e0e5f7e4c654
  5. Xbox One X won’t display anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X won’t display anything: I recently turned my Xbox One X on and the display was constantly dropping out. I turned it off and left it alone for a day. I then turned it on and couldn’t get an image to display. I have since...
  6. My xbox powers on but won’t display on my tv. Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox powers on but won’t display on my tv. Why?: I’ve tried two different hdmi cables and two different power cables and also two different tvs but it still keeps saying no signal. 78fc22eb-3313-4bd1-97d4-7b247b77d843
  7. Xbox One S won’t display on Dell All in One pc screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S won’t display on Dell All in One pc screen: Hi, I’ve plugged my Xbox One S into my new Dell All in One PC with the HDMI cable (running from the Out port on the Xbox to the In port on the pc monitor) but nothing is showing on the screen....
  8. Xbox won’t show display at any resolution above 640x480

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t show display at any resolution above 640x480: Hi, I have an issue where my Xbox one x does not show a display when turned on. The screen shows no signal. This is only fixed when starting the Xbox in low-resolution mode. I have changed the...
  9. My Xbox one won’t display!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one won’t display!: My Xbox one randomly stopped displaying while playing a game and now I can’t get it to display onto my tv,and after 30 seconds or so it just randomly shuts off 1c24e223-b106-4a36-9f4d-0d398f0f2f32
  10. Why won’t my Xbox One X display on my screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox One X display on my screen?: My Xbox One X can turn on and off but it does not show on my screen. I have tried resetting it, but that has not worked. I do not have a PC or a USB drive to do an offline update. What should I...