Xbox One - Won’t connect to wifi - will only via wired connection

Discus and support Xbox One - Won’t connect to wifi - will only via wired connection in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, Im really hoping for some help. A couple of weeks ago my xbox one suddenly stopped connecting to wifi. I just turned it on and it said no... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DonaldBuchanan, May 9, 2020.

1. Xbox One - Won’t connect to wifi - will only via wired connection

Hi all,

Im really hoping for some help. A couple of weeks ago my xbox one suddenly stopped connecting to wifi. I just turned it on and it said no connection. I went to network connection and its not showing any wireless connections available, not even my neighbours
    whose connections always showed before along with mine.

I connected it with an ethernet cable to my modem and it works fine. But for whatever reason the wifi stopped working. Any ideas? I tried restarting my xbox and modem a million times. I even did a complete factory reset but it still doesnt work. Please give
    me advice. Could it be the wireless card? If so can i buy one from bestbuy and stick it in a usb slot? Does that even work?

:)

DonaldBuchanan, May 9, 2020
  2. DonaldBuchanan Win User

it is the card. if u a 1st gen xboxone, the cards where bad for failing.
    Ok thanks for the reply. Do you know if i can just buy any usb wifi adapter and plug it in to work?
  3. killshot9103 Win User

it is the card. if u a 1st gen xboxone, the cards where bad for failing.
  4. DonaldBuchanan Win User

It may be a card failure, you must send the xbox to review to know the probable cause
    a friend has usb wifi and it works fine
    Thank tou for the reply. Can i just buy any usb wifi card and use it? Does it auto work when plugged in or does it need to be set up?
  5. wolfheart517 Win User

It may be a card failure, you must send the xbox to review to know the probable cause
    a friend has usb wifi and it works fine
  6. Belle B Win User

Remote Play won't turn on or connect to the Xbox

Thanks. Is your console wired or connected to wifi? Either way, if its connected via wifi, try wired and if its wired, try connecting via wifi.

Also, you may want to try connecting your console to mobile hotspot from a different device. Then long press the Xbox button on your controller > Turn off.

Then try it connecting to it again on Xbox app.
Thema:

1. Xbox One - Won’t connect to wifi - will only via wired connection - Similar Threads - Won’t connect wifi

2. Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my xbox series S connect to wifi but it will connect to my hotspot?: My series S will not connect to my wifi. Every time i try to connect it says retry password but it’ll connect to my hotspot without saying that. None of my other devices struggled to connect to...
  3. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  4. Series S won’t connect to home WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S won’t connect to home WiFi: Before a couple days ago my Xbox ran normally for the past 3 years but then it just disconnected from my home WiFi and won’t connect again but all my other devices such as my phone are connected...
  5. Xbox won’t connect to WiFi. Says incorrect password.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to WiFi. Says incorrect password.: I keep having an issue where sometimes when I turn my Xbox on it says it’s not connected to the internet. The network page will show my network as setup but says no connection. Eventually if I let...
  6. Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series X connect to my wifi?: I just bought an Xbox series X and received it on Tuesday. It was working fine the first day but today I turn it on and it is automatically not connected to my wifi. I see my network as an option...
  7. Xbox won’t connect to wifi since upgrading wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to wifi since upgrading wifi: My xbox one always connected to my wifi, no issue, but recently we upgraded our wifi, (same provider just faster internet and a new wifi box), since then, this is the first time im attempting to...
  8. My Xbox disconnects from the wifi every night at 1am and won’t connect back for a few hours.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox disconnects from the wifi every night at 1am and won’t connect back for a few hours.: My other devices like my phone work perfectly fine on the WiFi so I know it’s an Xbox issue. I’m on a adult account without restrictions so idk what’s going on. a30823c8-d37f-48f3-8856-e3687a770152
  9. My xbox won’t connect to the wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox won’t connect to the wifi: Hey I have an Xbox series s I bought it a year ago near December i went over at my dads and when I got back I started having this problem my Xbox doesn’t connect to the internet even when I...
  10. Xbox won’t connect to House Wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to House Wifi: My Xbox can’t connect to my house wifi but all other devices in our house does connect. I’ve tried forgetting the network and I’ve tried turning our house WiFi off for a while and even after all...